Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2021, 08:13 AM

2,409 posts, read 1,527,483 times

Advertisements

NCL Breakaway - NYC to Bermuda 10/3 to 10/10. 1,600 hundred people on a 3,900+ capacity ship.

All pax vaccinated.

Crew 100% masked.

Not 1 child on the ship.

0 lines or wait times,

Plenty of deck chairs open and available.

Limited entertainment in the theater.

The only down side is if you were a first time cruiser. You will expect this level of capacity, then be shocked when you take a cruise with a 95% or more capacity. It will be just like being back in the military. Hurry up and wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2021, 10:02 PM

1,042 posts, read 873,813 times
Details, Please!

Old 10-14-2021, 05:50 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,957,322 times
The CDC has rated NCL Breakaway with Yellow status, meaning the ship has met the threshold for CDC investigation, which includes one of the following criteria:
  • at or above the investigation threshold for crew COVID-19 cases,
  • at or above the investigation threshold for passenger COVID-19 cases; or
  • state or local health department notified CDC of passenger COVID-19 cases occurring within 5 days of disembarkation.

Old 10-14-2021, 06:13 AM

2,140 posts, read 361,917 times
That level of conscientiousness and care for the health of all is refreshing.

I’d actually consider a cruise like that if it wasn’t crowded. I haven’t been on a ship since the S.S. France when I was five. That was really fun except for one thing : they led all the kids in a room gpto watch a movie which was great until I realized the door was locked. Clearly, for our safety and so as not to lose any of us, but I felt like a caged animal. I was not used to locked doors.

I forget what happened, I just remember the panic.

Oddly, my brother and I roamed the halls alone. He was maybe 7… 18 moths older. There was a little closet like “store” way down the green hall. We bought stale gum.

I wouldn’t mind going on a cruise with people my age. The flying is tedious.

Old 10-14-2021, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperwing View Post
When cruising fully starts up and Hawaii is once again open for business, how about a Hawaii circle cruise? Leaves from and returns to San Diego, so that would be a short flight or five hours by car.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US...H18A/K215.html

Old 10-14-2021, 09:38 AM

1,939 posts, read 3,922,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperwing View Post

Consider Alaska round trip from San Francisco. Going in May (preferred) or September there are fewer kids as school is normally still in session and the demographic is a bit older on Alaska trips. Princess & Carnival have those round trips.

Old 10-14-2021, 09:50 AM

19,436 posts, read 27,827,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
When cruising fully starts up and Hawaii is once again open for business, how about a Hawaii circle cruise? Leaves from and returns to San Diego, so that would be a short flight or five hours by car.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US...H18A/K215.html

We did that cruise many years ago - and it was on HAL. The first time we had ever been to Hawaii. The cruise itself was very nice (albeit boring and cold from SD to HI), but we were VERY disappointed in HI. Haven't been back since, and we've no desire to return.

Old 10-14-2021, 11:36 AM

2,409 posts, read 1,527,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky3vicky View Post
Details, Please!
Not sure what details you are looking for.

Pretty much an empty ship. No waits for anything. Bermuda is nice this time of year. Temps in the 80s and water temp in the low 80s. Plenty of sun.

If you want to see pics & are on facebook, here's a link to photos.

Bermuda

Assorted cruise ships I've sailed on

Old 11-06-2021, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilkoot View Post
Consider Alaska round trip from San Francisco. Going in May (preferred) or September there are fewer kids as school is normally still in session and the demographic is a bit older on Alaska trips. Princess & Carnival have those round trips.
We have done this trip a number of times, always in September on my birthday. Mostly on Crystal.

You haven't lived until you've sailed underneath the Golden Gate Bridge the morning of your return. Always makes me choke up. Home!

Old 11-06-2021, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
We did that cruise many years ago - and it was on HAL. The first time we had ever been to Hawaii. The cruise itself was very nice (albeit boring and cold from SD to HI), but we were VERY disappointed in HI. Haven't been back since, and we've no desire to return.
I'm not a big Hawaii fan, either, though I would like to see Kauai again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises