U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 11:20 AM

3,665 posts, read 6,492,875 times

Advertisements

Awesome, you will have loads of fun.

In Grand Cayman, I did this thing alone, that was so fun. I met up with a shuttle that takes you to this amazing resort. From there, you ride a jet ski with about 5-6 other jetskis. You get to go as fast and fun as you want. They drive you to Stingray city, where you snorkel with the stingrays. After this, you ride out further, where you anchor your skis and snorkel above a small reef. From there, its full speed ahead to the resort. It was sooooo much fun!

I booked it through grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 12:08 PM

3,849 posts, read 6,775,379 times
sounds fun! I though about doing stingray city, but changed my mind. I think I just want to tour the city and relax with my friends at a beachside restaurant they are going to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
Awesome, you will have loads of fun.

In Grand Cayman, I did this thing alone, that was so fun. I met up with a shuttle that takes you to this amazing resort. From there, you ride a jet ski with about 5-6 other jetskis. You get to go as fast and fun as you want. They drive you to Stingray city, where you snorkel with the stingrays. After this, you ride out further, where you anchor your skis and snorkel above a small reef. From there, its full speed ahead to the resort. It was sooooo much fun!

I booked it through grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com

Old 11-13-2008, 01:01 PM

3,665 posts, read 6,492,875 times
I liked doing it with this tour, because it was off the beaten path, there are literally thousands of people on boats doing it.

You will have fun. Bring ur money, its expensive there

Old 11-13-2008, 01:09 PM
pfw

186 posts, read 782,032 times
I just remembered that you do have the option of self debark at the end of the cruise. Basically, you can keep your bags with you instead of putting them outside the last night of the cruise. When they make the call for those doing self debark, you get to leave and not have to deal with the cattle call that is baggage claim.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:56 PM

oh, thanks "pfw"- That would be great! i would just rather have my stuff with me. I'll check and see what they say about self-debarking, disembarking??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfw View Post
I just remembered that you do have the option of self debark at the end of the cruise. Basically, you can keep your bags with you instead of putting them outside the last night of the cruise. When they make the call for those doing self debark, you get to leave and not have to deal with the cattle call that is baggage claim.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:58 PM

right, that's one of the few things I am not looking forward to is being "herded" everywhere. I really like to branch out on my own, but I think the majority of people want to do water activites or stingray city, etc. I'm just doing a casual city tour and relax on the beach until time to go back to the ship, I hope I have time to grab a nice late lunch!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
I liked doing it with this tour, because it was off the beaten path, there are literally thousands of people on boats doing it.

You will have fun. Bring ur money, its expensive there

Old 11-13-2008, 01:59 PM

what about stamps? how do I mail postcards from the different ports? do they accept US stamps or do have to I buy specail airmail stamps? I don't know if I'll have time to find a post office in port.
thanks!

Old 11-13-2008, 05:25 PM

39,559 posts, read 47,801,608 times
Buy your stamps for each port of call at the ships purser desk. Then put your mail in the ships mailbox and they take care of the rest. The purser's know the correct postage you need for where ever you're at.
If you miss that day's or that ports mailing time, then the mail goes out at the next port.
The only problem we find is that you usually arrive home way before your mail gets to it's destination.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:56 AM

thank you "nitram"! great tip!! I'm having the hardest time posting anything on cruise critic, so I gave up. thanks for everyone putting up with my questions here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Buy your stamps for each port of call at the ships purser desk. Then put your mail in the ships mailbox and they take care of the rest. The purser's know the correct postage you need for where ever you're at.
If you miss that day's or that ports mailing time, then the mail goes out at the next port.
The only problem we find is that you usually arrive home way before your mail gets to it's destination.

Old 11-14-2008, 04:07 PM
pfw

186 posts, read 782,032 times
Sorry that you are having troubles over at CC, it is such a great site to get information from. It might be better that you are having issues though. That way you don't spend lots of time on the site like I do. Even though I don't have any cruises booked currently I'm on the site multiple times a day.

I think you've told us but I don't remember, what Carnival ship are you on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or