Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2010, 11:05 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,688,884 times

Advertisements

I'll be going on a cruise in July using Norwegian Cruse lines. I'll be coming out of the Miami port going to the Bahamas. 4 day cruise.

Anybody got experience with this cruise line? This type of cruise to Bahamas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 06:49 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,175,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
I'll be going on a cruise in July using Norwegian Cruse lines. I'll be coming out of the Miami port going to the Bahamas. 4 day cruise.

Anybody got experience with this cruise line? This type of cruise to Bahamas?
Here's the best board for cruise info: Norwegian Cruise Line - Cruise Critic Message Boards

Old 02-01-2010, 09:47 AM

2,179 posts, read 4,986,719 times
I have been on a Norwegian Caribbean 7 day cruise and my parents took the Mexican Riviera one. I have been on a ton of cruises (not that into cruises ironically), and Norwegian has been my favorite line so far. I like the freestyle dining aspect where I can choose who to sit next to, what and when I want to eat, and they had good entertainment that wasn't just something the elderly would like. The only thing I didn't like about it is that they have the salt water pool which I guess most cruise companies use too.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:35 AM

51 posts, read 156,075 times
We were on one of the company's older, mid-sized ships, and it lacked the amenities and upkeep of the newer fleet.

I'd look for newer ships when booking.

Old 02-05-2010, 01:19 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,988,586 times
Almost every line has now started some sort of "anytime" dining option, so you aren't locked into a specific time.

Try NCL, then on your next cruise (yes---there will be a "next"!) try a different line!

Old 02-09-2010, 11:21 PM

363 posts, read 1,119,996 times
Default Bahamas Cruise on NCL

The wife and I took the three day Bahama cruise last September. The ship was modern and comfortable. Crew was very helpful and hospitible. It was my first cruise, my wife's fourth. We had a balcony stateroom. It was very small.

Wasn't at all impressed with NCL's private island; Stirrup Cay I think. Felt like a captive audience there. Anything you might want to buy is from NCL-no other concessionaires allowed. Also wasn't crazy about the boat that ferried us to and from Stirrup Cay. Felt a lot like a "cattle car".

Overall we had a good time. Food was excellent; though I don't recommend eating at the steak house. Food cost extra there so we thought we were getting something really special. We weren't. Steak was only average-and the Bernaise sauce was flavorless; i.e. "sans" tarragon.

Enjoyed the snorkelling excursion in teh Bahamas and parasailing at Stirrup Cay-though both were a bit pricey. We'll cruise again-and with NCL. Good luck on your trip!

Old 02-11-2010, 12:59 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,988,586 times
Wasn't at all impressed with NCL's private island; Stirrup Cay I think. Felt like a captive audience there. Anything you might want to buy is from NCL-no other concessionaires allowed. Also wasn't crazy about the boat that ferried us to and from Stirrup Cay. Felt a lot like a "cattle car".

Almost every cruiseline has a private island/beach day....you just have to consider it a "sea day", on land! It's not a true port in that you can go and explore on your own....

Old 08-19-2010, 10:54 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,688,884 times
Update:

So I am back from my 4 day cruise to the Bahamas. I was happy for the most part with NCL. We were on the Norwegian Sky which was not a new ship but was very clean.

Hit up Freeport Island, Nassau and the private island Great Stirrup. We did 3 excursions which was a beach and cave tour on Freeport, did the water park on Paradise Island in Nassua and we did the snorkling on Great Stirrup. I really enjoyed the snorkling because I had never experienced clear water before in my life as well as the exotic water life.

The only thing I did not like is the last night of the cruise they pretty much shut down both pools and 2 of the 4 hot tubs. I know they did this because they were having another group get on the boat the very next day. It's just they had shut them down by like 10 o clock. It would have been nice to go one more time since it was the last night Seems like the last night there was only really a couple things going on after 9.

I will say that a 4 day cruise was probably perfect. I would have been cool with 5 but not sure I'd want to be on one as long as 7 days. I went with a friend and his g/f which I was not crazy about being the third wheel but we got a better deal by adding myself. Plus I wanted to get the cruise experience on how things work before I might take a g/f of mine on one.

I do plan on going on another cruise. When? I do not know but I'm thinking either Bermuda or somewhere else in the carribean or near Mexico. Any suggestions?

Old 08-20-2010, 08:08 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
We've done the Eastern Caribbean and Western Caribbean on Princess and loved both.

Favorite days were a day sail and snorkeling on the Eastern Caribbean trip

Enjoy the day sailing, swimming, snorkeling and relaxing

On the Western cruise it was Zip Lining!

Victor Bodden - Bodden Tours - Boddens Zip-N-Dip Tour and Rate Information
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises