U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 12:27 PM

5 posts, read 7,196 times

Advertisements

I have not been on those lines, but most cruises are the same, the ship buts together a lot of activities to do on board, and there are so many people you are bound to meet someone, just look at it as an adventure - good, bad or whatever -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 12:32 PM

4,836 posts, read 10,197,364 times
They are okay. They are a much cheaper crusie line so expect less service and a family style middle class crowd. Also they have some nice new ships which are very tacky IMO but it apeals to their crowd. All the nice ships leave out of Miami and Ft. Lauderdale I would suggest (unless you like what I wrote above) Flying down taking a better crusie line to some nicer ports in NEW amazing ships.
Just my opinion. But I could never imagine having my honey moon on a Carnival Cruise line ship :/
But if the price is right and thats what fits your budget of course go for it. I have taken Carnival 3 times and have had a good time just not as good of a time I have had on other lines.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:52 PM

6,226 posts, read 6,850,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticViking View Post
thanks everyone!

that is what everyone has said...carnival is for partying...and we arent the partying type...

does everyone think bermuda is a good honeymoon destination?
My understanding of RC's Bermuda cruise it is a little pricey and if I'm not mistaking just parks and that's it. Then back to NJ.
My wife and I celebrated our 20th aboard RC's Grandeur of the Seas Grandeur of The Seas Royal caribbean cruise ship: reviews, pictures, deck, photos, cruise deals.. Our stay was a suite with a private balcony, the altimate ocean front view. We took this trip back in 2004 at $3,000 for the both of us for 7 days with 6-7 stops. I can almost guarantee you could get a better bargain in todays market.
The advantage of taking this ship is its home is in Baltimore, MD. We drove from northern VA and was there at the ship in about an hour tops. The ship cruises down the Chesapeake then out into the Atlantic. A great trip and I highly recommend it for your honeymoon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or