Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 05:05 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,931,152 times

Advertisements

What I want to know is if they're going to come kill me, so that they can give my lumpy spot on the sofa to the dog. Just in case, I'd like to go on record in the dog's favor. Also, I wish to point out that my two cats are the serial killers around here. There hasn't been a single song bird seen within at least a 10 mile radius since those feline masterminds arrived 3 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2013, 11:50 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
This has nothing to do with beds, she is a serial killer. They are reviewing files and say she can be responsible for up to 300 deaths.

This is what happens with lack of oversight and lax enforcement.
I doubt that. She had three doctors under her who cooperated as well as a psychiatrist, and others. If you have to be mad to be a serial killer, it would be one heck of a coincidence if all of these people were mad, don't you think?

Brazilian doctor charged with 7 murders, may have killed as many as 300: investigator* - NY Daily News

Why wouldn't any of those people have reported her instead of cooperating? I guess Brazil is much more corrupt than we can imagine.

Because no one did complain, there is an investigation of her managers, as well.

I think the implication is that she was clearing beds in intensive care for shorter termed residents.

Here, one would think that someone would have complained to the police. Maybe in Brazil this does not happen because the corruption runs all ways and nobody knows who is connected to whom.

Old 01-27-2014, 01:38 AM

2,238 posts, read 3,320,976 times
Smh

Old 01-27-2014, 06:10 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,178,984 times
Here's a rate-your-doctor site for the doctor in question that is contemporaneous with her arrest. You don't have to be able to read Portuguese to get it (or use the Google translator), she was receiving good ratings in Feb. 2013 One mother even declaring that the doctor saved her child's life.

Virginia Helena Soares de Souza - Médico clínico Curitiba

Though her trial in this thread seems to have been concluded. As of December 2013 testimony in a trial by jury of Dr. Sousa was still in progress.

Old 01-27-2014, 07:39 AM

35 posts, read 61,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I doubt this would happen in the USA.
The only difference between that doctor and the doctors in the U.S., is that doctors in the U.S. won't admit to killing people willingly.

The top five causes of death in the United States, in order, are tobacco, alcohol, medical malpractice, traffic and firearms. According to JAMA, doctors kill more people than auto accidents and guns.

Another website looks at the above claim and finds that they are comparing oranges to apples and without any solid data. But then they do their own math and finds it could be true?

Quote:
United States - Are more people accidentally killed by doctors than accidentally killed by guns and traffic combined?
  • There are 700,000 physicians in the United States.
  • There are 120,000 accidental deaths in the United States caused by physicians every year, and the accidental death percentage per physician is 17.1%.
  • There are 80 million gun owners in the United States.
  • There are 1,500 accidental deaths from guns every year, regardless of age group, and the accidental death percentage per gun owner is 0.001875%.
  • This means, the letter points out, that doctors are 9,000 times more deadly than gun owners.
This doesn't even account for the deaths that the FDA admits killing each year which is a conservative 100,000 people due to the drugs they've deemed as GRAS (generally recognized as safe). See: FDA: Why Learn about Adverse Drug Reactions (ADR)?

Also see: The FDA – The Fraud and Death Administration

Last edited by pokiemon; 01-27-2014 at 07:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events