Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 07:48 AM

19 posts, read 16,764 times

Advertisements

A child always think like a child, vry agresiv without tachtics, vry powerful without skills, vry big without waight, has eyes bt alway being mislead.....the north koreans advisers has been corning him to a fall..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 09:18 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,438,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
His choice of US cities to bomb is rather odd..DC, LA and "Austin Tx" ?
Why not NYC or Boston or San Francisco which are all much bigger and have more national influence.
Or even bigger cities in Texas like Houston or Dallas.

First thing I thought when I read that..Gee maybe he doesn't like live music since that is what Austin is known for.
Ft. Hood is near Austin. They probably used Austin as a reference point on the map.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:22 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,827,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylu View Post
I have one word for those who think attacking North Korea is a good idea:

China.

The China-North Korea Relationship - Council on Foreign Relations

I also understand that they back countries like Iran, Pakistan, Russia, and a number of other countries. If anything happens between the US and China's things will get very serious very fast.
So what are we supposed to do? Let the turd bomb us?

Old 03-29-2013, 10:16 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,704 times
I was thinking. He doesn't seem to be as well informed as we might hope. But, then... He's also in a position to "KILL THE MESSENGER". There may be standing orders not to give him any bad news, or they may all be afraid to give him any. Sort of... "The all powerful god must be told what he wants to hear, and nothing else."

That would mean, there's nothing to level off his ego.

Old 03-29-2013, 10:57 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylu View Post
I have one word for those who think attacking North Korea is a good idea:

China.

The China-North Korea Relationship - Council on Foreign Relations

I also understand that they back countries like Iran, Pakistan, Russia, and a number of other countries. If anything happens between the US and China's things will get very serious very fast.
I don't think anyone is planning on attacking N Korea. But if they do something stupid (they aren't going to do anything to the US, but might attack S Korea), then we will defend S Korea by force. As we should.

This nutjob (who EVER would have imagined that his father would be the "sane" one?) is ramping things up quite a bit. Might be all for show, but at some point, he will have to make good on his rhetoric, and then things will get ugly.

Even China won't defend him if he does something at this point.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:00 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Ft. Hood is near Austin. They probably used Austin as a reference point on the map.
I think he's just making crap up as he goes along, and picking targets willy nilly.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:37 PM

359 posts, read 549,175 times
You guys have to understand, that the NorKoreans have pulled this antic 4 or 5 times since the USSR collapsed. When they realize they are going to run seriously low on resources, they pull out the war card and throw a (mostly) harmless temper tantrum, and then someone gives them a piece of candy (money or military hardware) to shut them up.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:19 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
I think it's of concern that the more extremist members of the government control the military, and evidently have the ear of the new leader. And the fact that this antic worked in the past gives these extremists more credibility. But ultimately, their bluff has to be called. N Korea can't be allowed to manipulate the rest of the world. Even China recognizes this. So when that bluff is called, and extremists are calling the shots, we could have some very serious consequences facing the entire globe.

And having their leader "taken out" won't be to anyone's advantage. It will simply give the military extremists proof that they've been right all along about the evil American imperialists, and that will give those extremists the traction to put into place a puppet. IMO, the best strategy is to find ways to get real information to the N Korean people, to contradict the lies their government is telling them, and to help them organize themselves against this dictator.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:24 PM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,947,401 times
I have a bad feeling that this new north Korean leader is a bit more whacked out, paranoid and dangerous than his father.
My gut tells me that there is a good chance that they may just really do an attack.
I think they will missile Seoul and that will be knocked out either by us or So Korea and they may have plans to missile Pearl Harbor as symbolism. If they do that we will knock thier missile out over the pacific.
What we do then is unimaginable.
There is nothing tangible to cause me to think that they may really do an attack except my gut feeling.

I thought that China was holding so called secret talks trying to convince the North Koreans that it's in their best interest to try to come to a final peace agreement and possible re unification of the two Koreas.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:17 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Pinned to the top of this forum...

Of course there is little defense against the illiterate.
I apologize; I'm still bitter I couldn't get a Coca-Cola last time I visited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events