Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 08:34 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush232 View Post
Women do have a shelf life. As a woman gets older, she becomes less valuable. As a man gets older, he becomes more valuable. Women marry men their same age and older. Men marry women their same age and younger. Thus, a 50 yr old man can marry a woman 18-50. A woman can marry a man 50-70. But what 70 yr old man wants a 50 yr old wife? He'll go for the younger woman. You cannot stop human nature.
And good luck to the 70 year old man in getting younger because I see these men try and always fail. As a 42 year old woman I have zero interest in a man 60 or 70 years old yet they often contacted me on dating sites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 08:38 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times
To be fair though I also know several women who are bitter they either never married or married a man who already has a family. Seen it often and it kind of scares me as a single woman. I met someone I am crazy about but I have no doubt that if it doesn't work out with me and him I will either be single or have to lower my standards BIG TIME (as in dating dads which I won't do). Then again I know people bitter because they married the wrong person.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:56 PM

295 posts, read 337,802 times
I don't think you should be thinking about marriage in college. However I believe that this woman has a point. Where are young ladies going to find a larger available pool of men to date and get to know then at college? Now they don't have to get married but at least they would know them and have that relationship established. As one poster above stated you are one day at X university and after graduation you go back to possibly podunck America in some cases. So, the pool of available men and women in college is just greater.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:19 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,433,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I'm shocked that anybody would be telling women 18-22 to marry that young. This seems like the worse and most retro advice ever. I went to college in the 60's and this is what was expected of my generation. I guess we haven't come as far as we thought!

Princeton Alumna Susan Patton Urges Women to Snag Husband on Campus Before Graduating - ABC News
You do not have to be shocked because once again, Ms Patton is not saying this. Not in tbe letter, not in her interviews and not in any articles she has written. She is saying that because is such a supporter of Princeton that she believes Princeton women should find Princetion husbands to marry if princetion female grads want to marry in response to the questions of Princetion female students regarding social issues. Ms. Patton, in her susquent letter, even states she realizes not every female graduate will even want to get married.

The only entity that is stating "Women should snag husband on campus before graduating" as advice for all women is this inaccurate ABC news headline.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:17 AM

2,734 posts, read 4,148,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutral View Post
Right. It is so much better to spend years being promiscuous, selfish, and enjoying your declining fertility. When you get tired of playing around with someone, dump them. Then magically hope your habits will change once you get married.
Someone sounds bitter.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:19 AM

2,734 posts, read 4,148,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush232 View Post
Women do have a shelf life. As a woman gets older, she becomes less valuable. As a man gets older, he becomes more valuable. Women marry men their same age and older. Men marry women their same age and younger. Thus, a 50 yr old man can marry a woman 18-50. A woman can marry a man 50-70. But what 70 yr old man wants a 50 yr old wife? He'll go for the younger woman. You cannot stop human nature.
The only reason an 18-year-old woman would marry a 50-year-old man is if he's rich. Of course he'll be convinced that it is because he is so "hot."

Old 04-20-2013, 06:46 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times
no fool like an old fool
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events