Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 11:11 PM

15,492 posts, read 10,426,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
My mistake! So why did the guys stay in the US? Tamerlan was married, but what about Dzhokhar? He was going to college, living in a dorm.
I have no idea why Dzhokhar stayed. I have no idea why the parents left for that matter. If it was so dangerous there (they supposedly asked for political asylum), why go back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 11:15 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,446,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I have no idea why Dzhokhar stayed. I have no idea why the parents left for that matter. If it was so dangerous there (they supposedly asked for political asylum), why go back.
D stayed cuz he grew up in Cambridge. Cambridge is (was) his home. Anton simply went home. The war lightened up, his kids were grown - the dude went home.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:19 PM

It just occurred to me this guy " Dzhokhar" 's name is pronounced "Jokar" - just a tinge away from "Joker".

I think I'll start calling him "the Jokar"

Old 04-23-2013, 06:53 AM

10,567 posts, read 12,788,089 times
"children are a risky investment" - that is very true. You don't know for sure what genetics will spring on you. You may have two parents who have certain traits and perhaps an ancestor who had the characteristics of Attila The Hun. Sometimes genetically speaking Attila will be reborn to a degree...reborn into your family.

I have seen this in my older brothers family. He has two sons. One is a sweet and kind civilized young man.. The older brother was a born warrior. He was like a raging pirate. Even his laugh was disturbing. He could not help himself...He was from another era born into the wrong era. The two sons became young men...The vile son eventually killed himself .... it was semi-accidental and partly due to designer drugs and pharma product. The parents were attempting to re-form this young man.

I would say my brother and his wife got off lucky...This born hooligan may have murdered the whole family then killed himself. Genetics is tricky. You never really know what you are going to get. I have always had an issue with adoption for that reason. You really don't know what may spring up.

The parents in this case seem to have gotten one dud that tainted the other..which led to the ruining of many lives - the loss of life - and the destruction of the life of the little brother.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:00 AM

10,567 posts, read 12,788,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
It just occurred to me this guy " Dzhokhar" 's name is pronounced "Jokar" - just a tinge away from "Joker".

That is drawing a sick parallel. BUT perhaps not. The Aurora mass killer was defective...and I would assume that the older brother here was also defective which led to the destruction of many including the destruction of his own family including his baby brother. The heart break here is not in the loss of an adult child...as far as the parents of the perpetrators. The sting of death can fade in time. The heart break for the parents would be to have the knowledge that one brother has now caused the prolonged living torture of the other...These folks are going to have great guilt. They must have suspected that the older brother was a demon seed.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:35 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,925,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
7:44 pm EST

As yet there is no incontrovertible evidence of the brothers' guilt. There is a ton of speculation and overwhelming evidence, but the real story is not yet in.
ARE YOU SERIOUS?????????

As for the OP, the only person at this moment who deserves any kind of sympathy is the Uncle who made very,very clear how bad what these two tools did made their family,their religion and their nationality look.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:00 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,428,369 times
Quote:

First of all, I doubt it "just occurred to you" b/c this has been all over CD. Secondly, as one whose daughter went to classes with James Holmes and lived across the street from him, it's sick.

In re: feeling empathy for the parents, when I saw James Holmes' father get off the plane in Denver, TV cameras running, I felt very empathetic to him. I can feel empathy for these parents, too.

However, my question, why did they stay after the parents left, stands. It was meant to be rhetorical. I agree with most of the answers. I will add, the older brother was most definitely at an age where many young adults are living far from their families, starting their own families, as he did. He wasn't a baby who needed "Mommy" to help and guide him. Even Dzhokhar is at an age where many live in a college dorm, far from home. These "kids" weren't at any particular disadvantage in that regard.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
First of all, I doubt it "just occurred to you" b/c this has been all over CD. Secondly, as one whose daughter went to classes with James Holmes and lived across the street from him, it's sick.
Well actually, yeah, it DID just occur to me when I wrote that that his name sound just like "Joker". If someone else posted that on CD, I didn't see it. They can copyright it, I don't care. I'm just amused in a dark humor sort of way by the notion.

And sorry if I offended you in some way. I don't have any idea who James Holmes is. I was referring to the villain called Joker who battles Batman in comic books and movies. Get it? Dzhokar = Jokar=Joker = Evil villain?

Old 04-24-2013, 07:31 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,428,369 times
Quote:
Well actually, yeah, it DID just occur to me when I wrote that that his name sound just like "Joker". If someone else posted that on CD, I didn't see it. They can copyright it, I don't care. I'm just amused in a dark humor sort of way by the notion.

And sorry if I offended you in some way. I don't have any idea who James Holmes is. I was referring to the villain called Joker who battles Batman in comic books and movies. Get it? Dzhokar = Jokar=Joker = Evil villain?
James Holmes is the Aurora shooter, who called himself "The Joker" after the character in the Batman movies.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:34 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,795,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
7:44 pm EST

As yet there is no incontrovertible evidence of the brothers' guilt. There is a ton of speculation and overwhelming evidence, but the real story is not yet in.
Of course not every Tom Dick and/or Harry throws bombs out the window at perusing police cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events