Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 11:03 AM

32,935 posts, read 36,351,383 times

Advertisements

"However, to imagine that everyone just got care even when they couldn't pay for it in "the good old days" is to imagine a world that never existed."

It did exist but only for some people and in some places.

Every time that I call my family practice office for an appointment, they tell me that I will be considered a new patient because it has been more than one year since my last visit. I've been going there for fifteen years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 12:45 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
"However, to imagine that everyone just got care even when they couldn't pay for it in "the good old days" is to imagine a world that never existed."

It did exist but only for some people and in some places.

Every time that I call my family practice office for an appointment, they tell me that I will be considered a new patient because it has been more than one year since my last visit. I've been going there for fifteen years.
Goodness. That makes me think that you live in an area without much competition. I hate waiting in the office. I hate the sort of music they pipe in or the vacuous tv programming that they have on or the horrid noisy child in the waiting room. I try to get the first appointment in the morning so I can be quickly in and out with no fuss.

I had a dentist (a very good and popular dentist) who booked four people for every three appointment slots he had. He had enough cancellations to justify that and time is money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events