Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 12:23 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times

Advertisements

the loopholes will eventually be blocked off - because the goal is to get everyone appropriate health care in our country -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 12:30 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,799,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SULAW2015 View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/video/obamacar...120340283.html

My wife's employer cut her hours because they didn't want to provide her healthcare. She works 29 hours instead of 30 a.k.a. fulltime. She worked 37.5 hours before. I hope her employer does her right and allow for her to work the extra hours for another year.

I know others that were cut to 25 hours from 40 hours to avoid providing health care.
I don't think the general public understands what it costs small business owners to pay for healthcare for their employees. My husband is a small business owner and does not provide healthcare coverage to his employees because it would literally put him out of business to do so.

I wish people would stop blaming the small business owners for this problem. It's not like most employers are heartless people wanting to deny coverage to their employees just to line their own pockets.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:34 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,819,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
the loopholes will eventually be blocked off - because the goal is to get everyone appropriate health care in our country -
That might be the unintentionally funniest post I've ever read on this forum.

No they won't, and no it isn't.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMarcan920 View Post
It's so transparent that this "delay" is to insure the election/re-election of the democrats that supported this monstrosity.
that's what Romney thought.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:54 PM

8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl777 View Post
I don't think the general public understands what it costs small business owners to pay for healthcare for their employees. My husband is a small business owner and does not provide healthcare coverage to his employees because it would literally put him out of business to do so.

I wish people would stop blaming the small business owners for this problem. It's not like most employers are heartless people wanting to deny coverage to their employees just to line their own pockets.
You are absolutely correct. Many do not know how expensive coverage is. Before I lost coverage my employer and I split the costs 50-50, a total of $1800 a month just for my wife and I, not to mention several other employees. But some employers are holding back. I know of one who travels the world in 6 star cruises, all first class most of the year, and does not offer nothing to her employees but peanuts knowing full well her skilled employees have little where else to go because of the economy. Its all about her and her companion and that is it. But employers are like employees in that we are all different and all have a cross to bear.

Old 07-03-2013, 02:57 PM

6,620 posts, read 5,006,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl777 View Post

So your husband owns a business with 50 plus employees?

Old 07-03-2013, 05:40 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,757,868 times
Why not just pass legislation eliminating the below 30-hrs. limit exclusion loophole? It would seem to be an easy and simple solution...

Old 07-03-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Why not just pass legislation eliminating the below 30-hrs. limit exclusion loophole? It would seem to be an easy and simple solution...
They'll find a way.

Social Security had a ton of roadblocks and obstacles when it was first implemented by Roosevelt - problems were very parallel w/ current Health Care Reform Act - even went to the Supreme Court.

http://www.ssa.gov/history/court.html

Old 07-03-2013, 06:50 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Bad thing is it does not change the fact that those people have to buy insurance with no exemption. In the end doing less hours covered would just mean the employees get cut because insuring a employee is high. Employere AVERAGED just over 13K per employee in 2012 in employee healthcare cost according to government figures. The new mandates actually raise many of the lower plans cost by mandates on coverage. required.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:51 PM

892 posts, read 1,576,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
So your husband owns a business with 50 plus employees?

I was going to ask the same thing....

The Affordable Health Care Act only mandates coverage for businesses with 50 OR MORE EMPLOYEES...

IMO......If you have a business that requires 50 or more employees, you should probably be thinking about offering some type of healthcare plan.....

I think this is one of the biggest misconceptions about "Obamacare".........

I have heard people who own small businesses with 5-15 employees freaking out about having to provide health care benefits.......when clearly that's not the case.....

50 OR MORE EMPLOYEES.......

Also.....IMO, a business with 50 or more employees doesn't really sound like a "small business".......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events