Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 02:31 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,702,134 times

Advertisements

It's remarkable how the right-wing must stretch (or break) the truth to try to rationalize their vacuous advocacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 08:37 AM

3,838 posts, read 3,065,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
It's remarkable how the right-wing must stretch (or break) the truth to try to rationalize their vacuous advocacy.
Right, and Dear One didn't stretch the truth when he sold this POS healthcare bill to us.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:51 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,800,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Funny how you see this behavior so clearly from those on the right and ignore it in those on the left. BOTH sides are guilty of this behavior and to say otherwise is just a nasty case of partisanship.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:38 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I love how the anti-Obamacare people are only good for snarky remarks and never offer anything constructive in the debate. I'm as fiscally conservative as it gets but I recognize that affordable healthcare is critically important to the economy and something has to change. Rates can't keep going up like this & most of the problem is we are all paying for people who skip on their bill. We desperately need a way to get people covered and also to cut out waste & fraud in the healthcare sector

Surely you jest. Did you miss the entire 2012 election in which Obama was the one who marinated in ambiguity ("We're going to make 'adjustments' to Medicare/SS" [interestingly, Medicaid was off the table. Again. Probably because the idea under Obamacare is to get everyone ON it]). Ambiguity, BTW, which went unchallenged by the media as he is, after all, their guy.

It was the Republican ticket that expounded on proposed changes, and specifically stated that those born before a certain date would not be affected. The voters spoke, however, so now everyone is going to be affected--except those prescient enough to have made provisions decades ago (as DH and I did).

Elections do, indeed, have consequences. Enjoy Obamacare.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:20 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,260,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Did Iowa post their rates? Please show the link. I would like to see the prices for the Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze premiums.
I used a table from the Obamacare fact page, which I assume reflects the federal maximums. I'm sure Iowa will be close to the maximum, given that we're the home of fried butter on a stick. The fact that I personally have been to the doctor just once in the last 10 years won't matter. I used the silver plan since at a glance it seems the most similar to what I have now.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:20 AM

25,948 posts, read 22,098,104 times
Well, they are looking at the fairness of Obama delaying the employer portion and sticking it to the individuals: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/10/us...w.html?hp&_r=0 and rightfully so. ObamaCare is a joke. I could support socialized medicine where everyone has access to the care they NEED based on a sliding scale but not what they are proposing. My husband worked at a company a couple of years ago and the take home pay was $350.00 a week and the health insurance was $200.00 and luckily we did not have to buy that - this was in a manufacturing plant in KS. A new plant opened in our current city and they pay $8.00 an hour. There is no money for insurance not even subsidized with all the prices skyrocketing since Obama started this crap. I don't see why he isn't on trial for treason.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:12 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,713,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I don't see why he isn't on trial for treason.
yeah, that's the ticket

Old 07-10-2013, 02:08 PM

10,226 posts, read 6,312,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl777 View Post
I don't think the general public understands what it costs small business owners to pay for healthcare for their employees. My husband is a small business owner and does not provide healthcare coverage to his employees because it would literally put him out of business to do so.

I wish people would stop blaming the small business owners for this problem. It's not like most employers are heartless people wanting to deny coverage to their employees just to line their own pockets.
e

The software firm my husband works for has 20 employees. I think that is considered a small business. Health coverage? Yes, and raises, paid sick days, paid 3 weeks vacation, matched 401K.

I suppose it helps when your customers pay big bucks for your product? I would be willing to guess their payroll alone is more than the profits the "small business" owners you talk about are making.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:32 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,036,696 times
I've seen health benefits get much worse since Obamacare.

I've noticed over the past few years more and more doctors are no longer accepting any insurance at all. But with a weakened economy, I'm not sure how feasible this is over the long term. Fewer patients with higher fees might work for a few exceptional boutique physicians but not for the average MD, and certainly not where surgery is part of the practice.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:09 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,713,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
I've seen health benefits get much worse since Obamacare.
I've also seen more potholes since then too. I just knew that damn guy was gonna be nothing but bad news for us patriotic car-using Americans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events