U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 07:15 AM

37,088 posts, read 45,594,679 times

Advertisements

She has lost weight and is proud of it. Understandable. But she is still delusional if she thinks she looks good in that bathing suit.
If women who look bad in their bathing suits were all kicked out of the beaches or swimming pools, it would amount to at least half of them (myself included).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 07:18 AM

427 posts, read 793,669 times
I agree with the water park. The woman is obviously trying to draw attention to herself and it's inappropriate, at best.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:04 AM

163 posts, read 203,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
Would this be a good time to mention that a number of years ago, here in the Province of Ontario, case law was decided that allows women to walk about in public, with NO clothing on their breasts. ? If they choose to do so.

That was more than 20 years ago, and guess what, no body CARES about it.

Just another example of the ho hum, what else dumb can the Americans do this week ?

Link:

Women's topless court victory 20 years later - Politics - CBC News

Jim B

Toronto.
Perfectly legal here in NY too.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:11 AM

9,369 posts, read 18,008,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Seriously. She should have more on. This is just her 15 minutes. Good taste is not repression. And, a lawsuit....Most businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone. They gave her the opportunity. Her choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I wouldn't think it was too much if she were on a beach, but for a water park with your kid, c'mon, it's a little bit weird. I feel like most kids would feel embarrassed to be walking with their mom as she getting leered at or laughed at. and that their mom would consider that more important then getting attention and validation from strangers. I feel bad for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
She has lost weight and is proud of it. Understandable. But she is still delusional if she thinks she looks good in that bathing suit.
If women who look bad in their bathing suits were all kicked out of the beaches or swimming pools, it would amount to at least half of them (myself included).
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyDavis View Post
I agree with the water park. The woman is obviously trying to draw attention to herself and it's inappropriate, at best.
These of course are all the wrong reasons for singling one person out. There were others in the park wearing bikinis, and the one she is wearing is not that bad. I've seen more revealing stuff at water parks and beaches. But some uptight, frumpy mom probably felt intimidated or didn't like that her adolescent son was seeing something in real life that she allows him to see on television each day. It doesn't matter if she doesn't look good in it or not. Most people don't look good in bathing suits, should we ban all but the perfect people from wearing them? Or just the ones who are well endowed?

If the biggest concern in a parent's life is at their precious kid will see some cleavage, I feel sorry for that entire household.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:42 AM

1,568 posts, read 2,746,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post

If the biggest concern in a parent's life is at their precious kid will see some cleavage, I feel sorry for that entire household.
This. After waiting through the ad I was expecting a WAY skimpier bikini. You wonder what would happen to these people if they went to a sauna or beach in Europe.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:55 AM

1,490 posts, read 3,944,499 times
I was also expecting to see a more revealing suit.

I wonder if there is more to this than her just wearing a bikini and swimming around the wave pool.

Was she acting inappropriately? Was she making other uncomfortable with her actions? Perhaps she was saying vulgar things?

I believe there is more to this story than it seems...

Old 07-07-2013, 10:11 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,517,123 times
So, it's OK to wear revealing clothes as long as you look good and are young? Total hypocrisy.

No, I don't think this woman's suit was in good taste, and I wouldn't recommend that anyone show that much skin, but really, be consistent.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forum_browser View Post
So, it's OK to wear revealing clothes as long as you look good and are young? Total hypocrisy.
Not at all. If people don't exercise appropriate judgement then I have no problem with guidelines being enforced. What might look great one person could look too revealing on another.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:41 AM

19,776 posts, read 19,880,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyDavis View Post
Not at all. If people don't exercise appropriate judgement then I have no problem with guidelines being enforced. What might look great one person could look too revealing on another.
You have a reference for the guidelines of this park?
I must have missed it.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
You have a reference for the guidelines of this park?
I must have missed it.
They must be subjective. I have no problem with that either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or