Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 08:26 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times

Advertisements

Instead of celebrating America's freedom this week, a Missouri mother says she is now fighting for her personal liberties after she was ejected from a water park for wearing a string bikini.

I dont see nothing wrong with the bottom, maybe the top as I can see accidental exposure created by a wave.
I do see where the woman is coming from.

Video story- > Missouri Water Park Boots Bikini-Wearing Mom - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 08:59 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,383,133 times
Shame on the park. Its funny, I am not sure what difference putting on a pair of shorts would have made per the original request.

IMO, If we were not such a sexually repressed nation (on average), women like this would not even become an issue at a water park

Old 07-06-2013, 09:42 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
It wouldn't surprise me if it was some jealous wife or girlfriend who complained because their man had a wandering eye. Regardless, I hope this woman gets her day in court and wins a nice settlement.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:39 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Instead of celebrating America's freedom this week, a Missouri mother says she is now fighting for her personal liberties after she was ejected from a water park for wearing a string bikini.

I dont see nothing wrong with the bottom, maybe the top as I can see accidental exposure created by a wave.
I do see where the woman is coming from.

Video story- > Missouri Water Park Boots Bikini-Wearing Mom - ABC News
Seriously. She should have more on. This is just her 15 minutes. Good taste is not repression. And, a lawsuit....Most businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone. They gave her the opportunity. Her choice.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:05 PM

50,716 posts, read 36,411,320 times
I wouldn't think it was too much if she were on a beach, but for a water park with your kid, c'mon, it's a little bit weird. I feel like most kids would feel embarrassed to be walking with their mom as she getting leered at or laughed at. and that their mom would consider that more important then getting attention and validation from strangers. I feel bad for him.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:08 PM

2,869 posts, read 4,449,141 times
Would this be a good time to mention that a number of years ago, here in the Province of Ontario, case law was decided that allows women to walk about in public, with NO clothing on their breasts. ? If they choose to do so.

That was more than 20 years ago, and guess what, no body CARES about it.

Just another example of the ho hum, what else dumb can the Americans do this week ?

Link:

Women's topless court victory 20 years later - Politics - CBC News

Jim B

Toronto.

Old 07-07-2013, 05:45 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,700,286 times
Any legitimacy the park had ended when they applied their discretion to one woman wearing the same basic bathing suit as other women they didn't force to cover-up or face ejection from the park.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:35 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,316,817 times
There's a thread about this story in the parenting forum, and here is what I answered: if there is no sign stating "no bikinis", then she had the right to wear one, regardless of her age or size. Though I do think the top is a little too revealing.
I don't understand why water parks don't ask for one piece suits, though (it's something I saw in many countries - it avoids swimsuit issues during water games!)

Old 07-07-2013, 06:48 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
The only reason they singled her out was because she was very shapely.

Other less curvy women wearing the exact bathing suit would not have been kicked out.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:53 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
Would this be a good time to mention that a number of years ago, here in the Province of Ontario, case law was decided that allows women to walk about in public, with NO clothing on their breasts. ? If they choose to do so.

That was more than 20 years ago, and guess what, no body CARES about it.

Just another example of the ho hum, what else dumb can the Americans do this week ?

Link:

Women's topless court victory 20 years later - Politics - CBC News

Jim B

Toronto.
That is a matter of opinion, and a different country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events