Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 06:25 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,048,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
The media has reported several other brands will be back soon.
I would like to see Home Pride bread back on the shelves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 10:48 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,251,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
I would like to see Home Pride bread back on the shelves.
I always used the Beefeater Rye in the blue package to make grilled ham and swiss sandwiches. I had no idea it was made by Hostess until it was gone!

Old 07-18-2013, 11:12 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,123,668 times
New ones are better

Old 07-18-2013, 11:49 AM

3,550 posts, read 1,548,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I haven't eaten Twinkies since I was a kid, but I did occasionally buy raspberry Zingers the last several years and I love them. 2) I like them so much that if they are sitting here looking at me, I will end up eating the whole box. So better not to buy them!

Has anyone ever had a fried Twinkie? I've seen them advertised on the side of food trucks, but have never tried one!

Oh, I can't wait for the return of Raspberry Zingers. I've never bought a box at a time, though. I know it's less expensive to do so, but as you've noticed, it's hard not to eat the whole thing, so best to not be tempted.

Yes, I've had a fried Twinkie. I don't even like Twinkies, but it was a new idea at the time and I wanted to give it a try. I don't know, it wasn't horrible, but I wouldn't eat it again. All I remember is that it was extremely sweet. I'm not sure a Twinkie lover would like it. I think people buy them just to try them like I did.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:08 PM

122 posts, read 337,433 times
I ate a horrid strawberry Twinkie in 1973. So long ago... whats a Twinkie?

Old 07-18-2013, 01:01 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,048,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I always used the Beefeater Rye in the blue package to make grilled ham and swiss sandwiches. I had no idea it was made by Hostess until it was gone!
You're right! That was the best rye bread! I want that back as well.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:23 PM

25,943 posts, read 22,098,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExerciseVidiot View Post
Oh, I can't wait for the return of Raspberry Zingers. I've never bought a box at a time, though. I know it's less expensive to do so, but as you've noticed, it's hard not to eat the whole thing, so best to not be tempted.

Yes, I've had a fried Twinkie. I don't even like Twinkies, but it was a new idea at the time and I wanted to give it a try. I don't know, it wasn't horrible, but I wouldn't eat it again. All I remember is that it was extremely sweet. I'm not sure a Twinkie lover would like it. I think people buy them just to try them like I did.
I'm not sure they will be producing Raspberry Zingers again. I believe they are going to eliminate some of what was produced. If anything, I would want Suzy Q's and they had been difficult to find where we were located. Got to where they had them and a couple months later, the factory was shut down.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:30 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,158,542 times
Twinkies are gross...but I will confess to a childhood love for Ding Dongs! I haven't checked the site but I hope those come back. They would be my once in a while, treat myself to something totally bad for me item.

Old 07-18-2013, 03:05 PM

44,622 posts, read 61,590,826 times
I bought 42 cases of Twinkies, took them downtown to the homeless shelter, got thrown out and chased down the street, told if I came back I'd be arrested for attempted murder, trying to kill the homeless people.
Hmm, I wonder if Sponge Bob could absorb them.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:31 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,437,452 times
I saw an entire display of them in my Safeway store today. I checked to see if they had the Hostess sign on the boxes because they had been selling an imitation but they were the real deal. I haven't had a Twinkie since the 70's but I thought I would buy one for old times sake. Then I realized I had to buy an entire box of them. No thank you. I will wait until I go to a convenience store to see if they will be selling them two to a package like they used to.

I would like to eat just one more Twinkie before I die. And maybe a Hostess cupcake but I draw the line at DingDongs. I never could stand those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events