Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 12:39 AM

1,906 posts, read 2,038,396 times

Advertisements

Yahoo! News UK & Ireland - Latest World News & UK News Headlines

This story doesn't mention the other women (slaves) removed from the residence. Like I have said, there is plenty of slavery going on today without rehashing what happened 200 yrs ago in the US.

I can't believe they actually let her out. Do they seriously think she doesn't have the resources to be back home in Saudi before they even know she left? I wonder if they ever stop and think that since they are in infidel lands they have to abide by infidel laws, like no slavery?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 01:29 AM

774 posts, read 1,693,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanokie View Post
Yahoo! News UK & Ireland - Latest World News & UK News Headlines

This story doesn't mention the other women (slaves) removed from the residence. Like I have said, there is plenty of slavery going on today
Unfortunately, in the broad sweep of human history, slavery is the norm not the exception.
And yes, it's almost the norm in various parts of the third world today.

Quote:
I wonder if they ever stop and think that since they are in infidel lands they have to abide by infidel laws, like no slavery?
We're talking about actual royalty here, right? Rich people act like this everywhere and most of them aren't even royalty.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:27 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times
Id sentence this and other royalty to a whipping.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:53 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,323,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Id sentence this and other royalty to a whipping.
She's going to skip. $5mil to the House of Saud is a grain of sand in the desert.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:57 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,128,778 times
Luckily, they were able to find $5M between the sofa cushions to make her bail.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:37 PM

17,619 posts, read 17,665,401 times
This is common among many rich Saudis. The men usually will travel to poor Muslim areas like Indonisia or the Philipines for example and offer the family money for the daughter with the promise to provide her with an education, money, and a chance at a better life (promises made to Allah). Family accepts, cash is changed hands, and the daughter leaves with her owner. Upon arrival at his home, she is now their slave. The women (usually wife and daughters) of the house treat her like Cinderella and they the evil step mother and step sisters, except beatings and torture are included. The men of the house are free to use her for sex. If she tries to escape, the Saudi police will return her to her owner.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:31 AM

322 posts, read 584,711 times
This is sickening. And the sad part is that she will probably never get any jail time because Saudi Arabia can cut off the rest of the world from oil if they want to.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:07 AM

2,866 posts, read 5,242,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
This is common among many rich Saudis. The men usually will travel to poor Muslim areas like Indonisia or the Philipines for example and offer the family money for the daughter with the promise to provide her with an education, money, and a chance at a better life (promises made to Allah). Family accepts, cash is changed hands, and the daughter leaves with her owner. Upon arrival at his home, she is now their slave. The women (usually wife and daughters) of the house treat her like Cinderella and they the evil step mother and step sisters, except beatings and torture are included. The men of the house are free to use her for sex. If she tries to escape, the Saudi police will return her to her owner.
The Philippines is a Christian (Roman Catholic) country.

I can't believe the judge gave her a $5 million bail, that's nothing for a Saudi princess. I seriously doubt she will have to serve 12 years in prison. She'll be back in Saudi Arabia long before that.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:08 AM

17,619 posts, read 17,665,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
The Philippines is a Christian (Roman Catholic) country.

I can't believe the judge gave her a $5 million bail, that's nothing for a Saudi princess. I seriously doubt she will have to serve 12 years in prison. She'll be back in Saudi Arabia long before that.
There are sections of the Philippines that are muslim and the source of their problems with muslim terrorist.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:15 AM

2,866 posts, read 5,242,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
There are sections of the Philippines that are muslim and the source of their problems with muslim terrorist.
Only 5% of the Philippines is Muslim, that's similar to countries like France and The Netherlands but I doubt you would call those countries "Muslim"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events