Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2013, 11:30 AM

1,474 posts, read 3,565,908 times

Advertisements

How odd that the race of this fool judge is not mentioned. Interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2013, 11:46 AM
Status: "On the road with Kid Charlamagne" (set 19 days ago)

8,018 posts, read 5,831,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingo_pink View Post
But minor is just an artificial concept. It has no intrinsic meaning other than what we define it.

It used to be common for 13 year olds to marry. We've since stopped it, but I assume she could ethically consent back then if she could marry.

Actually, "minor" is a legal concept. Don't believe me? Trying picking up a 14 year-old girl, have sex with her, then take her to the local police department and explain what you've done to her. What will happen next won't be "artificial".

Yes, it used to be common for 13 year-olds to marry. It also used to be common for people to own slaves. We've since stopped that, too.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingo_pink View Post
I don't think it's a good idea personally, but I think it could be OK if the student is mature and responsible.
I'm assuming you are just a troll.

But no, it NEVER will be OK, regardless of the student's maturity.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
What makes Flamingo's posts so scary are his posts in the employment forum that got locked down. Put the two together and it should scare the hell out of anyone.
Don't tell me, let me guess.......he's looking to "employ" an underage call girl?

Old 09-01-2013, 11:48 AM

15,853 posts, read 35,076,796 times
From the information I have heard about this case, Cherice Morales was *very* mature for her age, looking and acting much older. Apparently, none of the sexual encounters was forced, in fact Morales came back numerous times to enjoy a sexual relationship with Mr. Rambold.

Although he is a teacher and should have used a little more restraint and common sense in dealing with this girl, it is ultimately the MOTHER'S failure at parenting that caused the problem. Fourteen year old children should be supervised and not be given the opportunity to be in a position where they can have sex with a 49 year old man SEVERAL TIMES.

Cherice's mother has a lot of nerve yelling "You people suck" to the judge when, in fact, SHE should have been a better mother and this would have never happened. As for Cherice committing suicide when she was 17, one article I read said that she was a "troubled young woman". Yet another indication that of her parents had invested more time into raising her none of this would have ever happened.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-01-2013, 12:13 PM

21,723 posts, read 24,971,382 times
Sentence had more to do with failing to meet the deferred prosecution plea deal on technicalities than the actual crime. That's what he was being sentenced for. Had he not failed the deferred prosecution plan, he wouldn't have spent any time in jail at all.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Interesting. The judge felt like the guy should have a pass, because he went to sex offender treatment....he FAILED the first one for lying! Was caught, kicked out, and went to another program....

I consider sex offender treatment as bogus as a three dollar bill. Sex offenders are liars, manipulative sociopaths. They pretend to buy into the program, and express remorse about their crime. Believe me, the only "remorse" they feel is that they were caught.

They charm and manipulate social workers, and the court system. They pretend to be really nice people who were coerced into a sexual relationship with a child, and while they barely acknowledge their complicity, they make it seem like they were a victim in the entire event.

Congrats judge, you were snowed. Manipulated by this con...how does it feel? And you are not even fourteen years old....
You realize someone who gets drunk and urinates in public while in college is a sex offender, right?

Old 09-01-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
From the information I have heard about this case, Cherice Morales was *very* mature for her age, looking and acting much older. Apparently, none of the sexual encounters was forced, in fact Morales came back numerous times to enjoy a sexual relationship with Mr. Rambold.

Although he is a teacher and should have used a little more restraint and common sense in dealing with this girl, it is ultimately the MOTHER'S failure at parenting that caused the problem. Fourteen year old children should be supervised and not be given the opportunity to be in a position where they can have sex with a 49 year old man SEVERAL TIMES.

Cherice's mother has a lot of nerve yelling "You people suck" to the judge when, in fact, SHE should have been a better mother and this would have never happened. As for Cherice committing suicide when she was 17, one article I read said that she was a "troubled young woman". Yet another indication that of her parents had invested more time into raising her none of this would have ever happened.

20yrsinBranson
Honestly, it's hard to say. There's some people that get great parenting and turn out lousy while others get lousy parenting and turn out great. It's not as simple as it just being a parenting issue. By 14, most of it is on the kid, I'd say. If they had crap parenting up to 14, they might not be as well equipped to handle life. Or they might be better equipped, children who aren't coddled grow up faster by necessity.

Regardless of the parenting skills, the girls responsibility, and everything else, you just don't have sexual relationships with your students. Maybe in college that becomes somewhat acceptable (grad student TA, under grad or professor/lecturer and master's/PhD student) but not in high school.

Old 09-01-2013, 04:48 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,302,256 times
the irrational responses that i am reading are proof that child molestation will continue in the future. i sincerely pray that these people are simply stirring the pot, but deep down i know the responders are actually some sick puppies. Parents watch your children because there are sexual predators all around us.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:46 PM

15,853 posts, read 35,076,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Honestly, it's hard to say. There's some people that get great parenting and turn out lousy while others get lousy parenting and turn out great. It's not as simple as it just being a parenting issue. By 14, most of it is on the kid, I'd say. If they had crap parenting up to 14, they might not be as well equipped to handle life. Or they might be better equipped, children who aren't coddled grow up faster by necessity.

Regardless of the parenting skills, the girls responsibility, and everything else, you just don't have sexual relationships with your students. Maybe in college that becomes somewhat acceptable (grad student TA, under grad or professor/lecturer and master's/PhD student) but not in high school.
We've all been guilty of bad judgment at least once in our life. People should not have their lives ruined forever because of it. As a "sex offender" he will never be able to teach again. That's more than enough punishment, if you ask me. Now if the girl had been 7, I'd say "string him up on the closest tree", but the girl was complisent (however you spell that word).

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events