Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 10:16 AM

113 posts, read 212,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
It fits here too, as it also highlights the severity of our jobs crisis.

That said...

Who the hell are you to judge this man?

You don't know this guy. In fact, I think it's a pretty safe to say that you have never experienced whatever struggle he is/was experiencing.

No sane person would WANT this for their child. However, the man did what he felt he had to do, as clearly no one was coming to his rescue to help him out.

I hope the baby is able to recover and that things will get better for the father. I also hope any business owners out here who overwork and underpay their employees feel at least some guilt after this incident.
Are you f-ing serious?

This is an online thread. What did you expect was going to happen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2013, 10:47 AM

361 posts, read 922,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Mark another for "sad parenting".

Couldn't find a babysitter? One would be hard pressed to find a community in this country that lacks a day care center. Sure, it'll cost a wee bit more than relatives or the neighborhood cash money sitter, but wait... There's a solution for that, though a bit too late for this award winning father of the year... Don't have kids if you aren't mature enough, and lack the financial means to support children!

Who the hell thinks keeping an infant locked in a car is a viable alternative in lieu of a babysitter

No justification or defense exists for this, other than the possibility that the father may have some mental deficits. No job takes precedence over a human life, particularly one's own child.
Are you aware of how much day care costs? I pay $850 a month.

Old 09-22-2013, 11:26 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,519,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
This should be in current events.

Sad parenting.
Is this guy a total MORON or what?

Quote:
It fits here too, as it also highlights the severity of our jobs crisis.

That said...

Who the hell are you to judge this man?

You don't know this guy. In fact, I think it's a pretty safe to say that you have never experienced whatever struggle he is/was experiencing.

No sane person would WANT this for their child. However, the man did what he felt he had to do, as clearly no one was coming to his rescue to help him out.

I hope the baby is able to recover and that things will get better for the father. I also hope any business owners out here who overwork and underpay their employees feel at least some guilt after this incident.
As a working mother, I feel quite safe in saying that this man is not smart enough to continue parenting. IF he really thought that an 8 hours day in the car (but with the AC on) was a satisfactory solution for this infant. Find a good daycare; babysitter; family, surround yourself with friends that have kids and help each other out. That's what we did.

Sweet Jesus.

I understand feeling desperate to keep a job; I do. But this does not justify his actions in any way shape or form. Working parents must always have a back-up plan. ONE that does not involve your one year old spending all day in a car.

I actually have more sympathy for those pathetic parents who 'forget' their kid is in the car. I honestly could see how that could happen with all that we have on our minds and plates today. It doesn't excuse it - but I could see how it could possibly happen to overworked, stressed out, tired, and frazzled parents.

But, on purpose? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Society made me leave my 1-year-old baby in the car with the windows rolled up in 90 degree heat, Officer.

Sad parenting, sad mentality from OP. Poor kid is stuck between a rock and a hard spot. He'll probably end up in foster care, which honestly isn't much better than being left in a car with the windows rolled up.
Sad.

Old 09-22-2013, 11:31 AM

361 posts, read 922,146 times
I keep seeing "just get day care" in this thread. Day care is expensive. Telling someone to "get day care" is like telling them to "get a mortgage".

I agree leaving a baby in a car is dangerous. I could see leaving them at home though. They did it all the time in the olden days.

Some people really can't afford day care.

Old 09-22-2013, 11:35 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,847,360 times
I cannot believe someone could try to justify the actions of this inept Father. This does NOT point to a job crisis, this points to child neglect plain and simple.

Old 09-22-2013, 11:37 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,847,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughbay View Post
I keep seeing "just get day care" in this thread. Day care is expensive. Telling someone to "get day care" is like telling them to "get a mortgage".

I agree leaving a baby in a car is dangerous. I could see leaving them at home though. They did it all the time in the olden days.

You would leave a 1 year old child home alone while you went to work? Really!? Just as bad as the idiot who left the kid in the car.

Old 09-22-2013, 11:39 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,686,739 times
Well i heard that day care costs as much as having a job itself.. i wonder where the mother was.. or if he has a mother. kids are tough to have esp in this econmy

Old 09-22-2013, 11:40 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,126,723 times
Quote:
Forgive for stating the obvious but if the MOTHER of the child was home, caring for it, this wouldn't happen and what the heck is someone who works at a fast food joint doing having a child that they cannot afford to care for? Last I checked there are plenty of day care centers in the Phoenix area. Hundreds even. But obviously, he couldn't afford them.

Brokale huh? figures.

Old 09-22-2013, 11:41 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,126,723 times
I am frankly surprised that they would even let someone like "Brokale" IN SCOTTSDALE. I guess they must be getting desperate for low lifes to do their dirty work jobs. Nice mugshot too. Love those tattoos, dude.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-22-2013, 12:02 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,132,345 times
Quote:
Are you aware of how much day care costs? I pay $850 a month.
Quote:

Raising a child is expensive. You don't have one if you can't take care of it and plan on neglecting it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events