Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2013, 03:05 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I commend the RR driver for his restraint. Had I been surrounded by thugs on bikes trying to assualt my vehicle, my body, while trying to protect my family, I would have ran over any and all that were within close proximy during the chase. Instead of sitting in traffic on 178th st, I'd throw it in reverse and take out as many as possible, then gun it on the sidewalk to get away if needed. If you're in my way, too effing bad. I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six.

This punk that was paralyzed got what was coming. Now his family wants justice. Here's a thought, raise your kids to be decent human beings to begin with so they don't become a liability to society at large. The family sees dollar signs in their eyes and it doesn't help that the NY Daily News posted an article identifying the couple in the SUV as "Wealthy", as if that had anything to do with right and wrong. Some journalists are just as scummy as lawyers.

PICTURED: Wealthy couple attacked by wild pack of motorcyclists after harrowing 4-mile chase on the West Side Highway following fender bender turned hit-and-run
When will the news identify the bikers as black, and the couple as asian? Just imagine if this were reversed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2013, 03:18 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,801,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistry_Guy View Post
FYI responding with a firearm is a bad idea. I have been on group rides before, albeit in Kentucky and Tennessee, and the bikers are quite likely packing heat as well. In a given group of 30-40 riders my estimate is 75% were armed. I even saw an occasional mac-10 or other automatic weapon. You do not want to get into a shootout. You are a sitting duck in your vehicle, and many of these guys are not afraid of going to prison.
Response with a firearm is not a bad idea if you think you are going to be beat to death, along with your wife a kid. I am sure if a cop was in this same situation, the cop would have fired shots without even a thought. This is like saying you should not shoot the home intruder because the intruder might be armed, well, if you think you might die any way, what do you have to lose?

Of course, the SUV driver may not have thought his life was at risk, so he would not have shot at anyone even if he was armed. But given his earlier action, it would have to be presumed that he thought his life was in some kind of danger.

Plus, there is no assuming that the presence of a firearm means it must be fired; there mere presence of a firearm many times solicits the appropriate response a person needs, as in the danger to life is receded. While the SUV driver could have fired, the bikers could have seen a gun and all scattered and run away as quickly as possible.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:44 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,339,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
When will the news identify the bikers as black, and the couple as asian? Just imagine if this were reversed?
1) It doesn't matter what race the were
2) Some of the bikers were Hispanic
3) NOTHING about this case screams "hate crime". The bikers were idiots regardless of their skin color.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:49 PM

134 posts, read 276,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
1) It doesn't matter what race the were
2) Some of the bikers were Hispanic
3) NOTHING about this case screams "hate crime". The bikers were idiots regardless of their skin color.
He was just making a point. Of course it's not a hate crime. But if the roles were reversed with the driver being black, you can probably bet on Sharpton and Co. to have a say on the matter.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:54 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,339,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezyk View Post
He was just making a point. Of course it's not a hate crime. But if the roles were reversed with the driver being black, you can probably bet on Sharpton and Co. to have a say on the matter.
If the roles had been reversed, Sharpton & co. wouldn't be the only one saying anything on the matter b/c the facts would remain: a gang of thug bikers harassing a family. No race baiting needed.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:45 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,025,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
There is a very interesting post on that facebook page (Justice for Jay Meezee) by a trucker, who said these guys are not to be confused with normal motorcycle riders. He said this is a common practice of these thugs, they surround a high end car, brake check while surrounding him on all sides and force him off the road or to hit one and pull off, where they then slash the tires, break windows and demand money. He said this is not uncommon and that truckers are very aware of them and have been told to never pull over in an incident with them. He said the only reason this is getting attention is because of the video but that it is not that rare. That is scary!
Here it is:

"As a trucker that would deliver in north jersey and New York I am familiar with these gangs. I can hopefully clarify a few things. First the initial "accident" is part of a game they play. They ride in a huge group and will operate together to slow down traffic. Next they pick out high end vehicles targeting people with families in them, the targets will usually be white or Asian. Then one of the riders will do a "brake check" and stop suddenly in front of the target vehicle causing a minor bump. In some cases they will just roll back into their target vehicle. They will then mob the vehicle demanding money and or begin attacking the person inside. It is their practice to also slash the tires to prevent the vehicle from escaping. Truckers are well aware of them and are advised not to stop. You can clearly see in the video how they are well practiced in this style of attack. The police in NY have backed off them after an officer ran one down using his vehicle a few months back. The video was all over the net so I advise you to check it out. These "bikers" ride dirt bikes and sport bikes very few of which are street legal and even fewer have plates. They run red lights, stop signs, and have no regard for the law. If you are ever in this situation do not stop, immediately call the police and do whatever you have to to keep them from boxing you in. NEVER leave the scene of an accident if you are not under direct threat!!! Only run if you have no other choice, and again immediately call the police. This is not rare by any means, the only reason this incident got any attention is because of the helmet cam video being posted on the net. If you see anyone in this situation, call the police. Make no mistake confusing these punks with true bikers. You will rarely if ever see a member of these gangs on a Harley. Do not for a minute blame true bikers for this kind of behavior. Bikers like those involved in the 2 million Bikers to DC Rally are American Patriots and would be among the first to come to your aid. A final note, always be aware of motorcycles and share the road. Check your mirrors and don't ride anyone's bumper, motorcycles have a much smaller profile then a car and are harder to see."

Old 10-02-2013, 04:48 PM

1,205 posts, read 2,688,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Thank you for the information. I'll keep them both in mind.
Your in Texas, just carry a gun. Don't throw a bunch of nails out the window.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:09 PM

50,702 posts, read 36,402,571 times
I just saw a story about this on NBC Nightly news. Apparently these gangs are cropping up more and more and their motive is robbery. They surround you on the road until they can force you off the road, then run up and surround the car, slash the tires, break windows, beat the person and demand money. They showed several videos of other incidents, including videos of them taunting police who were chasing them and another of them running through a police barricade. The police don't know how to stop them, apparently these bikes can get up to 150 mph. This is really scary stuff!

Old 10-02-2013, 05:14 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
There is a lot to this story than what meets the eye, if you can even tell what is actually going on in the tape other than the ultimate reprehensible actions of chasing the driver down and beating him.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:21 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,025,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
There is a lot to this story than what meets the eye, if you can even tell what is actually going on in the tape other than the ultimate reprehensible actions of chasing the driver down and beating him.
No, there isn't a lot more than meets the eye. The video is self-explanatory.

0:15 Christopher Cruz is looking at the Range Rover and its driver.

0:23 Christopher Cruz maneuvers directly in front of the Range Rover

0:25 Christopher Cruz hits his brakes & the Range Rover supposedly taps him off camera (convenient, isn't it?)

0:36-0:49 All bikes stop moving. If you use your eyesight, you can see a lot of movement directly by the Range Rover. In a legitimate accident situation, the only people who are required to be moving are those directly involved in the accident. NO ONE ELSE!

0:50 Alexian Lien guns it.

4:50 A traffic backup forces him to stop & at exactly 5:05 someone "tries to take his keys away to stop him from hitting someone else," according to news reports.

5:06 Alexian Lien guns it again after his door is forced open, knocking over a blue & white bike in the process. (In an accident, do you force someone else's door or do you call the police? Or could it be these individuals didn't want to call the police because they were a law unto themselves, driving without license plates and riding amok on sidewalks, through red lights & etc.?)

5:30-5:35 Lien takes the W 178th Street exit at the fork with the Cross Bronx Expressway. This was an unwise decision but he most likely did it due to the pressure he was under & because the tire rubber was completely obliterated by this point, thereby preventing him from driving fast on the freeway. (I wonder if there were any NYPD units on I-95 & if there would have been a better ending had he gotten on the freeway)

6:19 A biker smashes his helmet through his window and shortly thereafter, the video cuts out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events