Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2013, 07:41 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,553,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Well he was trying to intimidate them first by honking at them and tailgating. It didn't happen so fast where the driver didn't have the time to think about how do I separate myself from them. He's an idiot end of. The bikers were out of line but he kept himself in reach of their wrath. A Range Rover ain't outrunning motorcyclists. Running them over didn't stop them either. He could have just hung back. Nope that didn't run through his head at all. What a turd and I would have sat there and watched him get beat up.
You would of sat there and watched him get beat up? Of course you would. This is not a shock. Cowards usually act that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2013, 07:55 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,683,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Well, apparently the NYC mayor and the police who investigated disagree with you. Very easy to Monday morning quarterback from afar.
You're telling like I care? The justice system is run by imbeciles. Plus any reason why people can push the blame on the minority is what will happen. I'm surprised that sport bikes haven't been banned by any state yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
He was honking the horn because the bikers were driving in an agressive and illegal manner putting others and themselves in danger. You being a hard core biker should take off your blind defense of bikers and acknowledge their behavior makes responsible riders look bad. Instead you blindly defend their behavior. Doing so makes you look like one of them, a criminal rider.
Riding aggressively? I would hope you get to see what aggressive riding really is.

Riding a motorcycle in general seems to be more aggression due to the loud noise and improved maneuverability. Were they truly putting others in danger. I guess they were because they were on motorcycles and there were more than 2 of them in half a mile radius. I'm not a hardcore biker but don't tell me what to do. I'm a guy who happens to own 3 motorcycles. Big whoop that doesn't mean I'm a defender of bikers. You're reaching. I'm not blindly defending them. I've never really talked about them. I'm saying that the cager didn't have to put himself in all of this so he gets no sympathy. They didn't pay him any attention. He wanted some attention and he got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
That's what most turds do, and you'll be in good company.
Dry your tears. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
You would of sat there and watched him get beat up? Of course you would. This is not a shock. Cowards usually act that way.
I'm a coward? That's the pot calling the kettle black. I help those who deserve my help. He didn't. I'm not going to help a kid who touches a hot stove who knows that it is hot.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:00 AM

757 posts, read 1,022,602 times
Looks like the SUV driver was panic when he got surrounded by all the bikers. It is understandable considering his kids and wife was inside that SUV, but running over people or bikes to get away wasn’t a good idea. I don’t understand why he didn’t call police when he was brake checked and eventually stopped by one of the bikers, and still didn’t the second time he was stopped. It must be really scary for the SUV driver.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:04 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,364,504 times
Quote:
You're telling like I care? The justice system is run by imbeciles. Plus any reason why people can push the blame on the minority is what will happen. I'm surprised that sport bikes haven't been banned by any state yet.

Riding aggressively? I would hope you get to see what aggressive riding really is.

Riding a motorcycle in general seems to be more aggression due to the loud noise and improved maneuverability. Were they truly putting others in danger. I guess they were because they were on motorcycles and there were more than 2 of them in half a mile radius. I'm not a hardcore biker but don't tell me what to do. I'm a guy who happens to own 3 motorcycles. Big whoop that doesn't mean I'm a defender of bikers. You're reaching. I'm not blindly defending them. I've never really talked about them. I'm saying that the cager didn't have to put himself in all of this so he gets no sympathy. They didn't pay him any attention. He wanted some attention and he got it.

Dry your tears. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

I'm a coward? That's the pot calling the kettle black. I help those who deserve my help. He didn't. I'm not going to help a kid who touches a hot stove who knows that it is hot.
The fact you call drivers "cagers" and whine about the minority getting blamed, tells me everything I need to know about you and why you could care less.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:09 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,954,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Crusoe View Post
Looks like the SUV driver was panic when he got surrounded by all the bikers. It is understandable considering his kids and wife was inside that SUV, but running over people or bikes to get away wasn’t a good idea. I don’t understand why he didn’t call police when he was brake checked and eventually stopped by one of the bikers, and still didn’t the second time he was stopped. It must be really scary for the SUV driver.
The reports stated that he called the police before the first incident.

If a group of people surround someone's vehicle how can you avoid hitting people?

Old 10-02-2013, 08:15 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,683,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
The fact you call drivers "cagers" and whine about the minority getting blamed, tells me everything I need to know about you and why you could care less.
A driver isn't always a cager. If anyone is whining then it is you. You're the one wanting to make the cager a saint. I would love to know what happened before the video. I'm pretty sure the cage wasn't driving down on the road and then they were viciously attacked by bikers falling from the sky.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:20 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,553,378 times
Quote:
A driver isn't always a cager. If anyone is whining then it is you. You're the one wanting to make the cager a saint. I would love to know what happened before the video. I'm pretty sure the cage wasn't driving down on the road and then they were viciously attacked by bikers falling from the sky.
You are probably correct. We all know that bikers are saints and a guy with his wife and small child is the devil's work.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:42 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,374,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Um, no one was KILLED in the video, but you are advocating a murder. Seems you have some screws loose. The driver DID protect himself with his car. Oh and lets play out your silly view of a gun involved. So the driver pulls a gun with his baby and wife in the car and starts shooting at the tons of motorcyclists. You are assuming non of them have a gun. I doubt none of them weren't armed, so then they might shoot back. Hmmm, bullets flying into the SUV with the little kid in there and then a nice shoot out with innocent people in other vehicles that no doubt were shocked to see this mess come upon them. Yeah, buddy, keep living in your little John Wayne fantasy land.

As far as the video, I have a feeling the idiot in the SUV did something to provoke at the beginning, but when it escalates to moron bikers stopping a car, then yeah, all bets are off. He did the right thing by running over the motorcycles and getting the heck out of there. I am surprised he stopped and allowed one of the morons to slam the helmet into the side window like that. I would have thrown it in reverse and ran more over. Sorry, but you have to protect your family and you don't need a gun to do so, just common sense. Keep driving until you see a cop. This was really wild there wasn't a cop anywhere. If I was in a car on that road, I would have called 911 right away. There is no excuse for this selfish behavior. Thankfully no one had a gun and made that situation into some big shootout with others being killed. Instead, no one was killed and people are going to see tomorrow.

I have a CCW permit and have a gun on me quite a bit of the time, this includes carrying while driving my car through Allentown and the surrounding area.

If the situation escalated to someone attempting or actually physically harming myself and or a member of my family someones going to have a hole in their body in order to remove the threat.

Waiting for the police to save you in a situation like that creates the opportunity for the assailant to kill you and or your family. It takes a split second for an assailant to inflict fatal harm whilr the average police response is three minutes in most metropolitan areas.

No thanks I'll take matters into my own hands and deal with the consequences of my actions if it means myself and my family have a better chance at surviving something like this.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:12 AM

50,508 posts, read 36,174,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Crusoe View Post
He did call the police, as has already been stated. This all happened in like a minute. Brake checked - he hits back wheel of bike-Rover immediately surrounded by bikers smashing his car with their helmets and slashing his tires-he takes off in panic, running over bikers in process-they catch him easily on slashed tires, smash his window, pull him out and beat him.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:45 AM

16,061 posts, read 26,700,352 times
Quote:
Exactly that's why he is so stupid. This was easily avoidable. Just pull over or get off at the next exit and get back on.
The bikers were blocking the car from moving, they laid their bikes in front of the car so he could not move forward, sideways, anywhere! The bikers started aggressively attacking the SUV. Think about a CHILD being with you in this situation. Hundreds of bikers surrounding you, honestly what would you do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events