Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 02:07 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,918,952 times

Advertisements

Pakistani Muslims Form Human Chain To Protect Christians During Mass (PHOTOS)

Amazing, how these people are risking their lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 02:17 PM

42,579 posts, read 86,675,074 times
What would make you think that they lack the courage or bravery to do something that they believe in? Why does that "amaze" you? Because Fox News and the Tabloid Media never told you before that they have morals and courage?

By the way, the Pakistanis in the pictures are not risking their lives. Nobody objects to what they are doing. The number of Pakistanis who would publicly support the rights of Christians is probably much larger than the number of Americans who would publicly support the rights of Muslims. As we saw when Muslims wanted to construct a prayer center near the WTC site.

Last edited by jtur88; 10-08-2013 at 02:31 PM..

Old 10-08-2013, 02:47 PM

6,343 posts, read 14,617,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
The number of Pakistanis who would publicly support the rights of Christians is probably much larger than the number of Americans who would publicly support the rights of Muslims. As we saw when Muslims wanted to construct a prayer center near the WTC site.
Are Americans supposed to feel bad about that?

I'll gladly participate in the public humiliation & shunning of members of the Westboro church, if you'll humiliate & shun some radical mullahs..

But whenever I read stories like this :

Gulf states consider medical test to detect gay travellers before they enter the country | News.com.au

I think of the backwoods Christians that my society has already pushed out of the mainstream. Don't get me wrong, we do allow religious zealouts to drink strychnine, dance with rattlesnakes & eat peyote, but we don't allow them to run our country.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:16 PM

2,987 posts, read 5,232,484 times
Quote:
The number of Pakistanis who would publicly support the rights of Christians is probably much larger than the number of Americans who would publicly support the rights of Muslims. As we saw when Muslims wanted to construct a prayer center near the WTC site.
You you take one situation and apply to across groups that are not related...

Old 10-08-2013, 03:41 PM

17,504 posts, read 17,386,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
or we could take any one of thousands of attacks by muslims against non-muslims based upon faith that happens regularly around the world

Old 10-08-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
What would make you think that they lack the courage or bravery to do something that they believe in? Why does that "amaze" you? Because Fox News and the Tabloid Media never told you before that they have morals and courage?

By the way, the Pakistanis in the pictures are not risking their lives. Nobody objects to what they are doing. The number of Pakistanis who would publicly support the rights of Christians is probably much larger than the number of Americans who would publicly support the rights of Muslims. As we saw when Muslims wanted to construct a prayer center near the WTC site.
It does take courage for a Muslim to stand up to terrorists anywhere in the world, which is why there are so few that are seen doing this.

Pakistan is pretty much a militant fundamentalist Muslim state. They are constantly sending killers over the border into India and this is pretty much done with government approval.

Considering the killing that has been done recently of Christian groups in Pakistan, sure it take courage. Those fundies are heart eating rabid dogs.

I don't watch Fox. Don't be insulting.

Muslims have a LOT more freedom in the US than do other religions in Muslim countries. Here, and in all Western countries that I can think of I can say God is dead, or Jesus is a bastard. Can I say Mohammad was a pedophile in most Muslim countries? Come on, there were death threats here over a cartoon and look at what Salmon Rushdie went through. You've got to be kidding.

Old 10-08-2013, 11:19 PM

42,579 posts, read 86,675,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
Then maybe there shouldn't be a thread about "one situation", if you don't want us to apply our responses to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
or we could take any one of thousands of attacks by muslims against non-muslims based upon faith that happens regularly around the world
I lived in a Muslm country (as a non-Muslim) for two years, and never saw a single one of those thousands of attacks, nor ever even heard of one. Meanwhile, let's see if we can think of an attack by non-Muslims against Muslims. I'll help jog your memory. Afghanistan. Iraq.

I have an advantage over you, though. I'm old enough to remember in my lifetime when virtually the entire Muslim world was a British or a French colony. How is that for attacks based on faith?

Meanwhile, it always nice to see that there is a steady flow of fresh new mindless Muslim-bashing threads here for all the degenerate haters to gang up in.

Last edited by jtur88; 10-08-2013 at 11:31 PM..

Old 10-09-2013, 06:37 AM

Jutr, this is not a Muslim bashing thread. You're confused. It's a Muslim praising thread. Please don't take offense where none is meant.

There are violent groups of people the world over who are calling themselves Muslim and are hiding behind religion but by their actions we all know they are not religious. They are either power mad manipulators or simple minded dupes. I don't think you wish to embrace these as good examples of the faith.

Those are the people who deserve more than bashing.

Countries often make decisions that their people have no choice in. China and India have taken many jobs from the US. Do we hate the Chinese and Indian people - of course not. That makes no sense. Most Chinese and Indians are fine upstanding people. Don't use a countries' politician's choices to punish the people of the country. That's just insane.

Old 10-09-2013, 07:42 AM

6,343 posts, read 14,617,600 times
Quote:
Meanwhile, it always nice to see that there is a steady flow of fresh new mindless Muslim-bashing threads here for all the degenerate haters to gang up in.
I see a "thread of peace",not haterz - you can't blame us for the actions of a few radicals.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:36 AM

2,987 posts, read 5,232,484 times
Quote:
Then maybe there shouldn't be a thread about "one situation", if you don't want us to apply our responses to it.
My point was that you said Pakistanis support Christians more than Americans support Muslims and pointed to the Muslim mosque 2 blocks from the World Trade Center attack. I felt that was a bad example standing alone. That's it.

Here is an article, as a reminder, about the opening of the mosque. I rememebr thinking, why would they want to build a new mosque right near this terrible attack performed by fanatics of Islam? What are they trying to achieve? Lack of communication (with the families, first responders, and people living and working there), I believe, was the real problem. I was never for or against it in the beginning, especially not living in that community, as I didn't understand the purpose. Knowing their goals, I became for it.

Ground zero mosque opened to public Wednesday - CSMonitor.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events