U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2013, 11:02 AM

7,710 posts, read 8,341,901 times

Advertisements

This is so Sad!
Quote:
A 2-year-old son of Minnesota Vikings star running back Adrian Peterson died on Friday in a Sioux Falls, S.D., hospital, the victim of alleged abuse by a man who was dating the boy's mother, police confirmed.Peterson's father, Nelson Peterson, confirmed Friday afternoon that the child is Adrian Peterson's. Peterson met with the media Friday, hours before the boy passed away, and said at the time he still planned to play in Sunday's game against Carolina, but declined to get into details about the case.
Peterson posted a statement on his Twitter account after news of the child's death.
"Thank you to my family, my fans and fans of other teams for their support. The NFL is a fraternity of brothers and I am thankful for the tweets, phone calls and text messages from my fellow players. God Bless everyone and thank u so much," Peterson wrote in three tweets.
Police arrested Joseph Robert Patterson, 27, who was initially charged with aggravated assault and aggravated assault on an infant. Sioux Falls police said additional charges are being considered.
Rest of Article
Adrian Peterson's son, 2, dies; man charged with abuse
Discuss
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 11:43 AM

36,769 posts, read 11,247,368 times
Yet another sad example of "death by mom's boyfriend."

Old 10-16-2013, 01:17 PM

2,781 posts, read 2,511,684 times
Very sad.

Old 10-16-2013, 05:19 PM

47,533 posts, read 61,735,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Yet another sad example of "death by mom's boyfriend."
Yes, it seems most kids are killed by the mom's lover or by the mom herself. Many women only care about getting laid, they don't even care what happens to their children.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:17 PM

18,847 posts, read 32,468,853 times
Yes, there are abusive men, but we don't hear about terrific boyfriends who take care of kids not theirs, excellent Step Fathers who treat step kids like their own. Let's not lump all "boyfriends" as abusive...

The Mother was obviously messed up. I think she should be held accountable for not protecting her baby.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:40 AM

36,769 posts, read 11,247,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, it seems most kids are killed by the mom's lover or by the mom herself. Many women only care about getting laid, they don't even care what happens to their children.
True. There was another story in the news a couple of days ago about a mother's boyfriend beating her poor 18-month old son to death. The charges against her were dropped, and it's not uncommon for the mom's to get a much shorter sentence if they're even convicted. Where's the accountability?

Forget locking up household cleaners; in far too many cases, moms' boyfriends are the real danger to her kids.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:00 PM

8,206 posts, read 11,114,856 times
Not trying to be a prick,but why did Adrian Peterson still play in Sunday's game?

Also,if he was regularly in the boy's life,shoulnt he have noticed something was wrong?

Also,why wasn't the boy living with Dad?

How many kids does this football star have?

Now that I've read more,things are becoming clearer,and this footballer wasn't in the kids life. He just recently acknowledged the child. This baby was a secret kid,and he has another kid the same age by another woman.

Yeah,this footabller isn't so innocent.p after all. Don't get me wrong,the Patterson guy who commited the injuries is scum,but so is the "Dad". I put Dad loosely.

Old 10-20-2013, 12:22 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,246,817 times
I did hear more about the story, I feel more sad for the kid now than Adrian Peterson. That child was born into a losing situation, no doubt about it.

Sucks that innocent children are victims to such things, poor guy.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:40 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,966,734 times
Adrian Peterson had never even met his kid. Perhaps if he had shown an interest, this wouldn't have happened, but apparently he has 7 kids around America...

Old 10-20-2013, 03:17 PM

8,402 posts, read 20,768,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Not trying to be a prick,but why did Adrian Peterson still play in Sunday's game?

Also,if he was regularly in the boy's life,shoulnt he have noticed something was wrong?

Also,why wasn't the boy living with Dad?

How many kids does this football star have?

Now that I've read more,things are becoming clearer,and this footballer wasn't in the kids life. He just recently acknowledged the child. This baby was a secret kid,and he has another kid the same age by another woman.

Yeah,this footabller isn't so innocent.p after all. Don't get me wrong,the Patterson guy who commited the injuries is scum,but so is the "Dad". I put Dad loosely.
He ddn't just acknowledge the kid. He was just made aware of him.

He played because there was nothing else he could do for his kid. As a major contributor to the team's success, he has an enormous responsibility to hundreds of people. He can't just bow out because other people expect him to grieve a certain way.

I think you're trying to put more of this on AP than is reasonable.

Last edited by vmaxnc; 10-20-2013 at 03:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events