U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 03:02 AM

38,714 posts, read 45,158,866 times

Advertisements

Doctor sets up meet and greet shop in Starbucks. Prescribes drugs illegally, takes cash under the table...
Doctor Meets and Treats Patients in Starbucks | Video - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2013, 06:52 AM

2,777 posts, read 2,916,510 times
Thats called being entrepreneurial and working in nontraditional locations.

Good stuff.

Old 11-09-2013, 03:32 PM

12,458 posts, read 14,597,644 times
I say more power to him. A doctors a doctor, be he at starbucks or a hospital.

Old 11-11-2013, 06:21 PM

20,915 posts, read 22,498,363 times
My sister who lives in Canada was telling me just the other day that some doctors there set up their practices in supermarkets. As long as they can reach the people who need them, I say good idea. And why the comment "in exchange for cash?" What else do doctors work for? Chickens?

Old 11-11-2013, 07:18 PM

38,714 posts, read 45,158,866 times
^^In the story the doctor was prescribing drugs illegally and taking cash payments under the table, and at times ina coffee cup. Undercover cameras caught all the action.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:50 PM

20,915 posts, read 22,498,363 times
I agree it is shady for him to be selling the stuff but it isn't anything other doctors don't do. I don't condone it but it's not at all uncommon. The difference here is he is doing it in a coffee shop rather than an office.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:15 PM

7,154 posts, read 12,760,216 times
Would you like some cream with your coffee enema?

Old 11-11-2013, 10:19 PM

24,511 posts, read 34,182,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
Thats called being entrepreneurial and working in nontraditional locations.

Good stuff.
Prescribing drugs illegally is entrepreneurial and "good stuff"? Sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I say more power to him. A doctors a doctor, be he at starbucks or a hospital.
This man should have his licensed revoke. It's extremely concerning that you support this abuse of power. These drugs are for medical usage. Not recreational sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
My sister who lives in Canada was telling me just the other day that some doctors there set up their practices in supermarkets. As long as they can reach the people who need them, I say good idea. And why the comment "in exchange for cash?" What else do doctors work for? Chickens?
Doctors work for money, but under the law and ethics codes. Prescribing drugs illegally at a Starbucks (in exchange for cash) is not how a doctor is supposed to work. You don't see this as a problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I agree it is shady for him to be selling the stuff but it isn't anything other doctors don't do. I don't condone it but it's not at all uncommon. The difference here is he is doing it in a coffee shop rather than an office.
Not all doctors prescribe drugs to addicts.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:38 AM

12,458 posts, read 14,597,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post

It's extremely concerning that you support this abuse of power. These drugs are for medical usage.

Not all doctors prescribe drugs to addicts.
The patients are providing him with their medical records first. I didn't see anything in the video that would have me believe he's just providing drugs to addicts..Why do you think him prescribing drugs is illegal?
He's a doctor, isn't that what they do?..is it the fact that he's doing it in Starbucks that you disaprove of?...and why?

Old 11-12-2013, 11:47 AM

2,777 posts, read 2,916,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post

This man should have his licensed revoke. It's extremely concerning that you support this abuse of power. These drugs are for medical usage. Not recreational sale.

Doctors work for money, but under the law and ethics codes. Prescribing drugs illegally at a Starbucks (in exchange for cash) is not how a doctor is supposed to work. You don't see this as a problem?
Beats them clogging up the ER looking for them.

These really should be sold OTC; would save society a lot of expense and trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events