U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 10:32 PM

1,237 posts, read 1,640,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
A Florida grandfather believes his granddaughter was the reason someone vandalized his two cars in his elderly community.
The message scrawled on his car read, "No kids." Now, he's scared to have his granddaughter visit.
This is sad when a man cant feel safe with his visiting granddaughter.

It was reported that this grandfather lives in an age 55+ community of Vero Beach that has strict rules about minors staying overnight.
There is a 30 day per year limit on overnight stays. Daily visits, however, are unlimited.
Barat says several neighbors have written complaints to the Homeowners Association about his granddaughter.
Florida is home to some of the most ignorant, nasty old Q-tip haired douchebags known to man, so this doesn't surprise me. Every neighborhood has so many goddamn rules and regulations, right down to the itty bitty detail, like what font you're permitted to use for the house number on your mailbox. For some reason, when Northeasterners move to that state, they appear to suffer immediately from psychosis and obsessive compulsive disorder.

With so many rules and regulations that our nation's pubic region's geriatric white fuzz loves to impose on themselves and everyone who comes to visit them, it's ironic that they have such difficulty following their own traffic laws. Maybe that's because the state of Florida thinks it's A-OK to renew drivers licenses for 90 year old legally blind, partially crippled great grandmothers. Watch out for granny on her way back to her gated trailer court when you're visiting Orlando with the family for vacation, folks! You and your family might just wind up being road pizza on I-4!

Old 11-21-2013, 08:38 AM

6,420 posts, read 3,600,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Well, noise ordinance violations, disturbing the peace, harassment, things like that. The neighbors are being quite nice actually.
Not during the daytime hours. Lawn mowers don't make noise?

Old 11-21-2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
You know there is a lot of truth to that,,(quote) ,having children in the neighborhood and their young parents. They help me from becoming fossilized. My grands keep me very young- most think I am in my 40's not 60.. he he love it! but we do a lot of things and keeps me very happy and active,, people just don't know what they could be missing,

My husband is teaching our neighbor's 10 year old son to play the guitar. It gives both of them something to do, and is certainly productive for both. His teenage sister cat sits for us when we go away. She is on the basketball team and we sometimes go to her games. That young family, and my Scot bagpipe playing neighbor, are the only people we associate with in this development.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtite View Post
Florida is home to some of the most ignorant, nasty old Q-tip haired douchebags known to man, so this doesn't surprise me. Every neighborhood has so many goddamn rules and regulations, right down to the itty bitty detail, like what font you're permitted to use for the house number on your mailbox. For some reason, when Northeasterners move to that state, they appear to suffer immediately from psychosis and obsessive compulsive disorder.

With so many rules and regulations that our nation's pubic region's geriatric white fuzz loves to impose on themselves and everyone who comes to visit them, it's ironic that they have such difficulty following their own traffic laws. Maybe that's because the state of Florida thinks it's A-OK to renew drivers licenses for 90 year old legally blind, partially crippled great grandmothers. Watch out for granny on her way back to her gated trailer court when you're visiting Orlando with the family for vacation, folks! You and your family might just wind up being road pizza on I-4!
Tell me about it. Hey, Grandma, ever hear of a TURN SIGNAL? Hey, Grandpa, go in the right hand lane if you want to do 20 mpr. Get OFF THE ROAD if you cannot drive. I'm 65. They annoy me too.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:14 AM

20,311 posts, read 12,161,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
My husband is teaching our neighbor's 10 year old son to play the guitar. It gives both of them something to do, and is certainly productive for both. His teenage sister cat sits for us when we go away. She is on the basketball team and we sometimes go to her games. That young family, and my Scot bagpipe playing neighbor, are the only people we associate with in this development.
Do you know you are doing a world of good for those kids! Where and when did this whole
"elders separate from your families and society" thing come from?
I grew up babysitting 2 little kids in the summer and the old grandma on the first floor,,, just had to make sure she didn't fall over or something. She just watch TV eat, etc.Not a problem! When I was a teen I loved going to a friends grandma's old house with all her plants under the trees and I would just plot myself by her feet and listen to her tell old stories of times past- Some grandmas I knew ended up with the older teens because someone always stayed with grandma, we still keep them close.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:37 PM

14,136 posts, read 20,919,021 times
I wish they made a 35+ community with no kids. My ass would be living there in a heartbeat!!!

Old 11-21-2013, 04:48 PM

12,887 posts, read 15,463,303 times
I'd have to hear what all the complaints about the man and his grand daughter were, before I could really say that what was done to the van was terribly wrong....Sure it was bad, an immature act..... but maybe the kid is a little hellion, undisciplined and loud, always getting into things......who knows?......maybe someone broke and just couldn't take it no more, and the old man refused to do anything about it....just a thought.

Old 11-21-2013, 05:03 PM

21,698 posts, read 23,704,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I'd have to hear what all the complaints about the man and his grand daughter were, before I could really say that what was done to the van was terribly wrong....Sure it was bad, an immature act..... but maybe the kid is a little hellion, undisciplined and loud, always getting into things......who knows?......maybe someone broke and just couldn't take it no more, and the old man refused to do anything about it....just a thought.
I think you have a point about the grandfather. Again, there is no excuse for vandalism. I do think, though, that in the interview I saw the grandfather was definitely avoiding the issue of any wrongdoing of annoying the neighbors on his part. He has had complaints made against him before. What were those all about? When asked what he thought the trouble was all he said was he loved his granddaughter. He is hiding something or we are missing something.

Why did he take his story to the Media? For sympathy? Is he trying to get gullible strangers like those who think how much they love their own grandkids and post pictures on the Internet which have nothing to do with his story on his side? Perhaps he feels that will put enough pressure on the HOA to break the rules for him.

He may just be turning an act of crime perpetrated against him into a fortuitous opportunity and is a pretty darn good manipulator. Who knows? We just do not have all the facts.

I do hope they catch the vandals and punish them. Then I hope the grandfather and the HOA comes to an agreement as to whether or not he is breaking the rules or is a disturbance to his neighbors. If he is he needs to either move or abide by the same rules as everyone else who agreed to them when they moved there.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:05 PM

20,311 posts, read 12,161,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
since when 2 wrongs make a right ? and breaking the law the justifiable??

Old 11-21-2013, 07:07 PM

143 posts, read 207,106 times
"Stay off my lawn!" is now "Stay out of my neighborhood!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events