U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 02:07 PM

1,039 posts, read 774,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gggjfg View Post
Well, I don't want any punk, whiney, 55 year olds and their obnoxious grandchildren in my community.

Where are the 75+ community's
I have a 65 year old community near me. No kids, depressing place as every sale is an estate sale.

55 is a weird age to say no kids nowdays. With folks getting married later and later and second marriages Dads who are 55 have kids under 18.

The 55 year old no kids complex near me, I have to wait till my youngest graduates college and moves out. Kids usually come home 1-4 years after college to help pay off loans before they move out.

When my youngest is 25 I will be 70. Dont know how it will work.

One complex near me lowered the age to 45 and allows kids under 18 only if they do not attend public schools. The complex got a big tax break for having no kids in school district. They got a decent amount of folks who send their kids to Catholic school.

Old 01-29-2016, 02:12 PM

BTW I am on the board of a condo complex. We have zero restrictions, sell it to whoever you want, rent it, have roommates, have babies, have pets.

Guess what average age of complex is around 65 and many are widows or singles.

Guess what kids want to buy in places with no yards, dont want to live with old people, dont like it when Mom is saying be shh all day, dont need to listen to neighbors yelling at then cause baby is crying.

Guess what condo complex is almost 40 years old and it works fine. I dont want to be in bed check business.

Old 01-29-2016, 02:15 PM

20,534 posts, read 16,605,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
Weeeell, if you were my neighbor, I would just take care of things the old fashion way. I am pretty sure your hard rock days would be over pops.
Most posters here haven't updated since 2013, I don't think the guy you're talking to is still around.

Old 01-29-2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Somehow the phrase I have bolded doesn't strike the right note to me. It is a community that set definite limits (e.g. the 30 days rule) on the presence of children. I have no problem with whatever rules the residents want to set for child visitors, but to term the place "kid friendly" doesn't fit.

It is kid tolerant perhaps.

As it happens I live in an ordinary neighbourhood, and we have numerous kids of various ages....but no shared amenities, such as a pool. There is a playground and small futebol area at the end of the street, but is used by kids only. I am a fan of neither kids nor dogs, and we have plenty of both. But I survive and thrive as a septuagenarian because I am living in a neighbourhood of a town, not a development; thus, me, the kids, the dogs are not living the totality of our days jammed into the same tiny area - for all of us our days flow in and out of the neighbourhood we share.

If I were to prefer an adult community, quite frankly I would find the thirty day visit per grandchild unacceptably generous. At that level of liberality the community would surely be packed with children, which is contrary to why I would want move to such a place to begin with.

The place in question sounds like it is working at cross purposes and needs to decide whether it is an all ages anytime place, or a community for adults with truly restrictive rules for visits of youngsters. Seems like it is neither fish nor fowl.
My Mother in law lives in her own house. No rules. I would say at most her grandchildren sleep over once a year.

Never in my life did I sleep at a grandparents house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events