Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 09:35 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times

Advertisements

A Florida grandfather believes his granddaughter was the reason someone vandalized his two cars in his elderly community.
The message scrawled on his car read, "No kids." Now, he's scared to have his granddaughter visit.
This is sad when a man cant feel safe with his visiting granddaughter.

It was reported that this grandfather lives in an age 55+ community of Vero Beach that has strict rules about minors staying overnight.
There is a 30 day per year limit on overnight stays. Daily visits, however, are unlimited.
Barat says several neighbors have written complaints to the Homeowners Association about his granddaughter.

‘No kids’ painted on grandfather's car in Vero Beach

Old 11-15-2013, 10:07 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
That's why I would never ever live in one of those places....too many people with nothing to do and all day to do it so they end up in everyone's business....sell and move to a normal neighborhood

Old 11-15-2013, 03:36 PM

8,271 posts, read 8,655,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
That's why I would never ever live in one of those places....too many people with nothing to do and all day to do it so they end up in everyone's business....sell and move to a normal neighborhood
People like myself that live in those places have many things to do and we don't want kids in the way. It's obvious you don't have a clue about this subject or these types of communities.

They are probably complaining because they suspect the kid is living there and not visiting.

We always read these stories about grandchildren. People forget the grandparents moved into that type of community to be away from kids and now they think their family should be exempt.

Old 11-15-2013, 03:57 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,735,700 times
set up a hidden camera and keep bringing the kids over, catch the ******* red handed

Old 11-15-2013, 04:08 PM

3,663 posts, read 5,675,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
People like myself that live in those places have many things to do and we don't want kids in the way. It's obvious you don't have a clue about this subject or these types of communities.

They are probably complaining because they suspect the kid is living there and not visiting.

We always read these stories about grandchildren. People forget the grandparents moved into that type of community to be away from kids and now they think their family should be exempt.
The granddaughter wasn't living there per the rules. The person in violation is the guy who painted the car.

The person who did this obviously unstable and would be easy to flush out.

Old 11-15-2013, 04:09 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Quote:

My MIL & FIL moved into a 55 plus community. No one had any problems with grandchildren visiting for a week at Christmas and a week or two in the summer. However, there were several situations of adult children with their children moving in on a "temporary basis" which, in some cases, ended up being months and months.

No one spray painted No Kids on anything but I was told that sometimes neighbors did get into verbal disagreements.

According to my in-laws a big problem was that a lot of the youngsters & teens enjoyed using the pool and were not always the most careful or polite around the older residents/condo owners.

Old 11-15-2013, 04:11 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:

The community allows children to visit and to spend the night up to 30 days. If there is an issue regarding any suspicions the grandparents were not abiding by that rule, I'm sure there are ways to handle it through the HOA or an attorney, without resorting to vandalism to make their point.

Old 11-15-2013, 04:32 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
The community allows children to visit and to spend the night up to 30 days. If there is an issue regarding any suspicions the grandparents were not abiding by that rule, I'm sure there are ways to handle it through the HOA or an attorney, without resorting to vandalism to make their point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
My MIL & FIL moved into a 55 plus community. No one had any problems with grandchildren visiting for a week at Christmas and a week or two in the summer. However, there were several situations of adult children with their children moving in on a "temporary basis" which, in some cases, ended up being months and months.

No one spray painted No Kids on anything but I was told that sometimes neighbors did get into verbal disagreements.

According to my in-laws a big problem was that a lot of the youngsters & teens enjoyed using the pool and were not always the most careful or polite around the older residents/condo owners.
Of course, no one should be vandalizing cars but "30 nights" to a grandparent may not really be "30 nights." The next door neighbor of my in laws claimed that their 30/35 year daughter and her three children only stayed at the parents/grandparents condo during the day & evening but actually slept at her boyfriend's house every night so that the 30 night rule didn't apply to them. Hmmm, funny how the daughter's car never left the driveway at night.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:55 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Everyone thinks they're the exception.

It's our entitlement society.

I'm sick to death of it!

Old 11-15-2013, 06:05 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
OMG I used to rent there.

AND ONE OF MY COMPLAINTS WAS TOO MANY KIDS LMAO LOLOLOLOL.

Seriously, you could not even use the pool for all the visiting kids.

Hilarious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events