Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 12:25 PM

206 posts, read 568,457 times

Advertisements

Well, I don't want any punk, whiney, 55 year olds and their obnoxious grandchildren in my community.

Where are the 75+ community's

Old 01-04-2014, 05:21 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,314,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everdeen View Post
If that was one of the few rules, it would be nice. Often, in these communities, you end up with a bunch of complainers with way too much time on their hands. There are even a few that go around looking for people to complain about to the HOA. It gets really old, really fast.
Well, that would be true for some I agree. But for whatever reasons, others do. I don't think I would. That's why I would read the rules carefully if I ever chose to live in a place like that. What I don't understand is why people vehemently bash those who make choices other than the ones they themselves choose to make. That's just being mean spirited and narrow minded.

Like I said, I would not choose to live in a heavily restricted environment but I respect the choice of anyone who does. My criteria would be no kids in a senior community but that's about it. Different strokes, that's all.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:15 PM

35,333 posts, read 20,699,860 times
minervah... yep -they have a choice of picking hell as their next dwelling. The article said the man obeyed the rules... you want to condone that type of thinking but call other people close minded? . Either they have no family, or can just throw money at all the problems that arise. $$$$$$ they have it and got very pissed at the old man that couldn't afford a nanny or day care for those kids,,,

Old 01-06-2014, 07:24 PM

203 posts, read 319,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
A Florida grandfather believes his granddaughter was the reason someone vandalized his two cars in his elderly community.
The message scrawled on his car read, "No kids." Now, he's scared to have his granddaughter visit.
This is sad when a man cant feel safe with his visiting granddaughter.

It was reported that this grandfather lives in an age 55+ community of Vero Beach that has strict rules about minors staying overnight.
There is a 30 day per year limit on overnight stays. Daily visits, however, are unlimited.
Barat says several neighbors have written complaints to the Homeowners Association about his granddaughter.

‘No kids’ painted on grandfather's car in Vero Beach
If his granddaughter isn't breaking any community rules, then they simply need to put up cameras. Or Granddad can put up a fake camera of his own and that will fix that problem in a jiffy.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:28 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,553,935 times
I just turned the right age and was thinking about purchasing a home in one of those type places but I'm not sure now. I've heard bad things about all the restrictions about kids. They can be annoying at times but I still love kids as long as they are not on my property.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:54 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,265,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
I didn't say it was justified OR even violating the rules.

I said it was hilarious since I didn't like having the HOA pool overrun with kids, either when I lived there.

I bought my condo in an HOA that would not be FOOLISH enough to allow every single homeowner to host their grandCHILDREN for a whole 30 days/overnights per year and UNLIMITED DAY VISITS.

I didn't move to a 55+ to live in a daycare center. The HOA is getting what they deserve. The builder turned it over, I think around 2010 or so, so there's no excuse for those rules anyway. So they must LIKE them.

I also find it hard to believe a neighbor or HOMEOWNER did this and will be watching to see a follow up if any. The guy's dramatic pearl clutching about the four year old's supposed reaction "if she found out" and the "crying" "sensitivity" etc is just a bit MUCH for MY ESP.
Good post

Old 01-29-2016, 11:03 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,265,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post

Sorry, jerks, but I will Rock On until I drop dead, and I also don't mind little children playing. You can try to ban little kids but how are you going to ban OTHER SENIORS who aren't just like YOU?????
Weeeell, if you were my neighbor, I would just take care of things the old fashion way. I am pretty sure your hard rock days would be over pops.

Old 01-29-2016, 01:52 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,314,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I just turned the right age and was thinking about purchasing a home in one of those type places but I'm not sure now. I've heard bad things about all the restrictions about kids. They can be annoying at times but I still love kids as long as they are not on my property.
And that is your choice. So be sure that you don't move into a community that bans kids because once there, you won't be able to change the rules. I think that's the whole heart of this very long thread, people either ignoring rules of the communities to which they move or thinking they can change the rules that don't suit them once they move there.

Some people think that restricting kids in their community is good, others think it's bad. There are plenty of communities for both. Choose the one that suits you best but at the same time, respect the rights of others to make the same choices when it comes to what suits them.

Old 01-29-2016, 02:01 PM

22,181 posts, read 29,156,590 times
If I'm moving to a 55+ community its for a reason: NO KIDS

Old 01-29-2016, 03:01 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,148,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
A Florida grandfather believes his granddaughter was the reason someone vandalized his two cars in his elderly community.
The message scrawled on his car read, "No kids." Now, he's scared to have his granddaughter visit.
This is sad when a man cant feel safe with his visiting granddaughter.

It was reported that this grandfather lives in an age 55+ community of Vero Beach that has strict rules about minors staying overnight.
There is a 30 day per year limit on overnight stays. Daily visits, however, are unlimited.
Barat says several neighbors have written complaints to the Homeowners Association about his granddaughter.

‘No kids’ painted on grandfather's car in Vero Beach

Florida actually has an 80/20 rule, legally 20 percent can be under 55.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events