U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-06-2013, 10:30 AM

11,671 posts, read 1,272,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumamoc View Post
I was never a Michael Bolton fan back in his heyday. Far from it. I'm not really a fan now, but I can tolerate the commercial tunes, and I am actually glad to see he is making a comeback (of sorts). It's great that he's willing to poke fun at himself (a la David Hasselhoff).

ITA. I was never a fan, and apparently he's still "whining," lol, but I like the ads and think they're clever. Anyway, this campaign beats their annual "Happy Honda Days" ads that they air because they're too wimpy to say "Merrry Christmas."
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 12:11 PM

1,802 posts, read 877,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
I offer you my deepest and most sincere condolences. It's a terrible thing to endure that no one should ever have to suffer through.
Don't feel sorry for me, the commercials don't bother me. Bolton is actually a really nice man in real life. I am not surprised he is able to make fun himself.

Actually people don't know this but many popular celebrities do commercials in other parts of their world. Like everything in the entertaiment industry it's all about the image. They just don't do commercials in the US because it's considered a desperate act, but when it doesn't affect their image(like in Europe or Asia)they do anything for some extra cash.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:23 PM

3,911 posts, read 8,245,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
He became hip because he was making fun of himself in the tongue-and-cheek Captain Jack Sparrow song.

The point of the Honda commercials is not to take them seriously as they are similar tongue-and-cheek versions of Captain Jack Sparrow. The songs are not serious--Snow Is Gonna Blow? Lighten up--the ads are supposed to be funny.
Thank you.....I was never a fan until Captain Jack Sparrow and saw how he could poke fun at himself with Andy Samberg, who is another all time favorite from SNL video shorts. Lonely Island is a spoof rock group that gets talent in to cut musical numbers. They a few albums out, "Turtleneck and Chain" is some funny stuff.

There is zero doubt that the fun continues.

Jack Sparrow (feat. Michael Bolton) - YouTube

Old 12-07-2013, 09:26 AM

22,330 posts, read 17,183,095 times
I think he's more handsome now and has a good voice.

Old 12-07-2013, 10:53 AM

7,304 posts, read 7,838,869 times
OK, I get it. This thread totally backfired on me, and that's just the way it goes sometimes. I'm pretty much over it now. When I started the thread I had a few drinks and company over that night, and one of my best friends was recalling her childhood and how awful it was to ride around in a car with her mother and constant Michael Bolton/Celine Dion genre of music on the radio. The commercial came on and triggered that memory and she is laughing about it now, though I sarcastically and humorously offered my condolences for having to endure that kind of torment.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:28 AM

107 posts, read 42,451 times
I can not even sing the Happy Birthday so I thought he did a pretty good job while standing on top of a car.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:17 PM

4,283 posts, read 6,285,891 times
I don't mind Bolton so much, as I do the number of times the commercial is on. It seems it plays every 10 minutes or so if that long.

Old 12-11-2013, 06:05 AM

446 posts, read 283,238 times
Not a Bolton fan; hard to imagine that all the adults and kids in the commercial would really enjoy his music as is indicated.

And tell me why does Honda think I will buy a car based on this ad???

Old 12-11-2013, 05:43 PM

1,229 posts, read 423,619 times
Michael who?

Old 12-17-2013, 10:06 AM

1,359 posts, read 1,173,427 times
Attached Thumbnails
To all that have seen Michael Bolton on those Honda commercials-bolton.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events