Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 06:47 PM

345 posts, read 994,084 times

Advertisements

I blame both his parents. The mom enabled him and the dad abdicated. Something was seriously wrong with Adam since at least 7th grade. The parents had the money to put him in a nice, in-patient, long-term treatment center, and they should have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2013, 10:17 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,186,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW transplant View Post
I blame both his parents. The mom enabled him and the dad abdicated. Something was seriously wrong with Adam since at least 7th grade. The parents had the money to put him in a nice, in-patient, long-term treatment center, and they should have.
He would have had to been forced to take meds. In today's world could he legally be forced?

Old 11-29-2013, 10:29 AM

26,719 posts, read 26,787,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW transplant View Post
The parents had the money to put him in a nice, in-patient, long-term treatment center, and they should have.
He apparently was not a danger to himself or anyone else until Sandy Hook, so he would have had to voluntarily enter a treatment facility.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:10 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,186,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
He apparently was not a danger to himself or anyone else until Sandy Hook, so he would have had to voluntarily enter a treatment facility.
Maybe you should tell that to his mom.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
Maybe you should tell that to his mom.
What??

Old 11-29-2013, 02:36 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times
I'm sure if this woman actually thought there was a real possibility he was GOING TO KILL HER--and kill a bunch of schoolkids--she might have done something. She probably never in a million years allowed herself to think he would go over the edge the way he did. Same as the Columbine killers' parents. I don't think parents are going to see this coming or won't believe their kid would actually go that far.

And even if they did--what do they do? "Hey, 911, I think my kid is a crazy who is going to do something really, really bad". That doesn't work. You can't get locked up because of what you MIGHT do.

I wonder if she ever considered taking him out herself. We'll never know.

Old 11-29-2013, 04:01 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,155,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I think, if she did all she could, and still could not live anywhere near a normal life because of him, could not get him to take his meds, was ruled by him, then he should have been placed somewhere. I think they were trying to move to another state where there was a special school for kids like him but help shouldn't be so hard to find.

There are NO places where a person like that could be placed? I know mental institutions went out a long time ago because they were cruel and people didn't get any help there but it would seem that a civilized society could think of some humane way to find a home and help for someone like this. Group homes, something humane.
That is thought police territory.

He had never acted out violently. Had not broken any laws, ever. Doctors and teachers had never deemed him capable of violence. There were absolutely no grounds to incarcerate him, which is what you are suggesting.

Old 11-29-2013, 04:05 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,155,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
What??
You said:
Quote:
He apparently was not a danger to himself or anyone else until Sandy Hook
But he shot his mother in her bed BEFORE Sandy Hook. I think that is what longnecker is saying.

Old 11-29-2013, 04:25 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
You said:

But he shot his mother in her bed BEFORE Sandy Hook. I think that is what longnecker is saying.
LOL, thanks. I didn't get that, either.

Must've eaten too much turkey yesterday.

Old 11-29-2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
On his way to Sandy Hook...obviously part of the same rampage, during which he killed the children, teachers, and then took his own life. (That person's post was sarcastic and insensitive.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events