U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 01:41 PM

3,690 posts, read 3,283,484 times

Advertisements

Cell phones and texting leave an electronic trail that's often the giveaway. I think in the olden days it happened but no clues were left behind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 01:44 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,772,069 times
Two big differences today: It's now a major focus of law enforcement, and the presence of social media, which makes the presence of a relationship more easily detectable.

Decades ago, it was not unusual for a teacher to wed a student once the student turned 18 and graduated. For whatever reason, coaches and cheerleaders seemed to be the most often occurrence. It would provoke gossip, but not much else.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:49 PM

1,686 posts, read 2,097,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
So, does anyone have any idea why women want to be with teenaged boys?

If I had to venture a guess, it would be something along the lines of women-who tend to hit their "peak" in their 30's meeting men-who usually peak in their late teens. The whole "cougar" concept taken to a new level: a horny woman about to exit her peak beauty years presented with an opportunity to be with an attractive, fit young man who has both the stamina and raging hormones.

It shouldn't be at all difficult to figure THAT question out.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:53 PM

22,836 posts, read 28,732,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
I can't be the only one who has noticed the increase in stories of teachers (and other school employees) being arrested for having inappropriate contact with students. What's up with this? I don't get the phenomenon. I've also noticed that a lot of them are English teachers. Is it the eroticism of The Scarlet Letter and Shakespeare?

If you do a Google search using the phrase "teacher sleeps with student", you'll receive over 2.6 million hits.

Megan Snipes, 29 in South Carolina
A mom found inappropriate text messages on her 16 year-old's phone

Lauren Harrington-Cooper, 31 in Pennsylvania

Clare Horton, 33 in the UK

41 Female Teachers Arrested for Inappropriate Relations With Students
i totally should have tried to nail my 9th grade history teacher. these teachers that have sex with students are the best teachers on earth.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:57 PM

2,336 posts, read 1,927,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
If I had to venture a guess, it would be something along the lines of women-who tend to hit their "peak" in their 30's meeting men-who usually peak in their late teens. The whole "cougar" concept taken to a new level: a horny woman about to exit her peak beauty years presented with an opportunity to be with an attractive, fit young man who has both the stamina and raging hormones.

It shouldn't be at all difficult to figure THAT question out.
This. Just like older guys are attracted to younger, more fertile women. I don't know what these kids look like. Some 16 yr old guys look pretty mature, but if the kid looks like a young boy then I can't understand it.

Unless they get off on the idea of "teaching" the inexperienced.

Last edited by ByeByeLW; 12-23-2013 at 02:45 PM..

Old 12-23-2013, 02:04 PM

1,120 posts, read 985,632 times
41 Female Teachers Arrested for Inappropriate Relations With Students[/quote]
Wow! All these women are beautiful and educated. It's a sad societal commentary when they indulge in sexual acts with minors and/or students. I'd imagine there's a combination of factors involved in this. Besides mental illness, some of these teachers possibly were sexually abused when they were younger. Or it could be a power thing. Or maybe some of them just didn't feel appreciated by their husbands and enjoyed the attention they received from younger boys (which they might not have gotten when they were in high school). Whatever the cause, I agree that it needs to be discussed and integrated into teacher training programs. I'm sure it's more commonplace that the general public knows as the media (especially national) tends to focus primarily on the hot teachers. I also agree that it's just as criminal when a hot female teacher engages in this behavior as it is when a male teacher does it even if it's harder to indentify the boy as a victim.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:11 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,403,111 times
most of those chicks on that page arent bad looking

it can't be a sex thing because what can a 15yr old do for a 40 yr old woman

3-5 pumps and your done at that age

in that case i think it was that jealousy that many mothers have of their daughters

Old 12-23-2013, 02:15 PM

4,793 posts, read 6,534,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Which, again, is why I suggest open dialogue about this issue, at staff meetings...it happens, lets not continue to ignore it. Give teachers the phone number of professionals, to seek counseling, when they first have feelings for a student, a diversion program, not punitive, for coming forward, and seeking help. Have student transferred, no drama, just out of the direct line of sight, and intensive counseling to determine the core issues of the attraction.
You would transfer the student because the teacher has feeling for him/her???

Old 12-23-2013, 04:27 PM

2,702 posts, read 3,465,885 times
When I was in HS I knew a kid who was pumping his English Teacher.. Some of the other teachers knew about it but no one really paid attention to it.. The guys all thought it was cool... The girls thought it was weird why he liked an older female...

He grew up, got a job and made a career out of it.. He is married and no kids and is about to retire soon.... His wife knows about this and says it ain't no big deal casue it was years ago....

Old 12-23-2013, 04:47 PM

6,474 posts, read 13,462,279 times
I noticed this trend, and I also think it is weird. I saw pictures of a couple of the students, and they didn't look that great. Having said that, I was in a car with a 19 year old. He smelled really good. LOL Maybe it is some weird biological thing.

I do think that people are more lenient when it comes to female teachers. They assume the male students are willing to have s@x...but there were a couple I read about where the teachers were really aggressive with the students. I can see the kid's being pretty upset, and if I were a parent, I think I would be unhappy.

There was also another theory about certain types of medication causing this type of behavior. An antidepressant, I think. It could just have been B.S. Just like girls, there are probably boys who have fantasies about their teachers or think a teacher is "hot." I don't think this should turn into a sexual relationship, though. I can't see how it would be healthy.

Also, I am not sure this has been going on forever. I went to a single-sex school and there was one teacher who I was told later had a s@xual relationship with a girl. There was also a teacher who was married to one of his former students. This was high-school. I thought it was weird and gross, and definitely abuse. But FEMALE teachers, and teenage boys. Hmm I have been under a rock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events