U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 07:13 AM

1,671 posts, read 2,077,886 times

Advertisements

The ethics and morality (or lack thereof) and the REASONS for them engaging in that behavior are two very distinctly separate issues.

I doubt anyone here is actually condoning that behavior. I'm pretty sure that from a morality standpoint, we should almost unanimously be condemning it. The question was raised as to WHY they do it in the first place. And that's where the discussion gets real interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 08:00 AM

7,852 posts, read 6,805,356 times
To everyone saying some version of "I wish I were so lucky when I was in scool LOLOLOLOLOL" (paraphrased: I wish I got raped when I was a kid)- you are horrible people and your comments nauseate me.

Seriously, why are you all such idiots? Your moronic attitudes is part of the problem that boys have growing up- their problems aren't problems, but rather jokes; nobody cares about you; consider yourself lucky to have been raped. Wow can you imagine the outcry against somebody for telling a 14 year old girl that she was lucky she was raped by her teacher, but apparently it's fine to say that to a 14 year old boy?

You should all be ashamed of yourself for defending child rape and pedophilia.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:37 AM

5,082 posts, read 12,577,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
When I was in the sixth grade, I didn't know anything about those things.

But I did know that Miss Nylin, my sixth grade music teacher, had silky blonde hair, perky little breasts, and my constant sex fantasies about her was the reason I never learned to read music.

I'm sorry your early sex experiences were so unpleasant.

Did you go to a Catholic school by any chance?

Old 12-24-2013, 10:02 AM

22,668 posts, read 28,551,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
To everyone saying some version of "I wish I were so lucky when I was in scool LOLOLOLOLOL" (paraphrased: I wish I got raped when I was a kid)- you are horrible people and your comments nauseate me.

Seriously, why are you all such idiots? Your moronic attitudes is part of the problem that boys have growing up- their problems aren't problems, but rather jokes; nobody cares about you; consider yourself lucky to have been raped. Wow can you imagine the outcry against somebody for telling a 14 year old girl that she was lucky she was raped by her teacher, but apparently it's fine to say that to a 14 year old boy?

if my 9th grade history teacher wanted to rape me I would have asked the president to give her a pardon. I believe it was bill Clinton so he probably would have done it.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:14 AM

8,440 posts, read 10,712,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
The ethics and morality (or lack thereof) and the REASONS for them engaging in that behavior are two very distinctly separate issues.

I doubt anyone here is actually condoning that behavior. I'm pretty sure that from a morality standpoint, we should almost unanimously be condemning it. The question was raised as to WHY they do it in the first place. And that's where the discussion gets real interesting.
And that is what these sex offenders must learn on their own in psychotherapy. What in their lives isn't working so boundaries are blurred to the point a teacher sexually abuses a student.

MSR

Old 12-24-2013, 10:37 AM

10,577 posts, read 6,823,128 times
Quote:

There are some people who object to any consideration of cause-and-effect because they (incorrectly) perceive that as excusing the behavior. They would prefer that no understanding of such behavior (and no subsequent ability to prevent such things from ever occurring) be gleaned, all to prop up their simplistic ideas of blame.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:38 AM

18,856 posts, read 30,440,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
And that is what these sex offenders must learn on their own in psychotherapy. What in their lives isn't working so boundaries are blurred to the point a teacher sexually abuses a student.

MSR
Which is exactly where and why a non judgemental alternative should be available to teachers who are in a crisis, and have boundary issues, for education and remediation. Before the teacher makes an error. A program, confidential, to help the teacher. Not unlike drug diversion programs for drug addict doctors.

These teachers are not all twisted, predatory pedophiles. They are people who need therapy, before making a mistake. Training to identify situations, and how to avoid boundary problems.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:42 AM

1,586 posts, read 1,275,476 times
Default Not the place...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i totally should have tried to nail my 9th grade history teacher. these teachers that have sex with students are the best teachers on earth.
Yours is a totally inappropriate comment not to mention immature. In keeping within the context of the what the OP presented, this is not about your (or other men's) fantasies about having sex or wishing you'd had sex with your teacher(s). There are websites and forums dedicated to that if you'd like to share that information but this ONE is not it. Some thoughts, just as some fantasies, are best kept to one's self.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:51 AM

1,586 posts, read 1,275,476 times
Default A few posters have

Quote:

I doubt anyone here is actually condoning that behavior. I'm pretty sure that from a morality standpoint, we should almost unanimously be condemning it.
Unfortunately, there have been a few posters here who have condoned it. One poster even said that teachers who do this are the best or something to that effect.

Old 12-24-2013, 11:00 AM

3,595 posts, read 3,573,502 times
Yet more reasons why boys should be separated from girls, men should teach boys, and women should teach girls.

Oh the horrors of separate but equal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events