Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 06:08 AM

8,036 posts, read 10,629,469 times

Advertisements

Attraction factors or explanations aside, the question to me is why does a teacher risk their JOB, and in many cases, their marriages, to pursue these students? Often, they have children of their own who now have to deal with this embarassment.

I believe the temptation may have always existed, but I don't believe this was happening like it is today.

We can't just act on urges because they are there; what has happened to self control and ethics is the real question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2013, 08:01 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,158,197 times
If a teenager is already sexually active, as more and more of them are these days, then it's no surprise that these lines are sometimes crossed. Teens often have crushes on their teachers. Otherwise, what I have also noticed is that teen boys and young adult men are often not to best dating material for teen girls and young adult women because they are often just looking for meaningless sexual hookups and only concerned about their own sexual gratification. So why wouldn't an older partner be more appealing? And for this reason, this is why the other option for these young women is experimenting with lesbian relationships... a common occurrence in college.

Anyway, high school teens are not the completely innocent children you are making them out to be. They are very much sexual creatures.

Old 12-25-2013, 08:50 AM

8,036 posts, read 10,629,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Anyway, high school teens are not the completely innocent children you are making them out to be. They are very much sexual creatures.
Oh, no argument there. I was a teenager in the '70's and we far from innocent even back then, after all, we had the pill and no AIDS on the radar yet. However, if one us had a crush on a young, cute teacher (male or female), did that make it OK for the teacher to act on it? Absolutely not.

Regardless of high school teens being sexually active or not is not the problem. The problem is, we entrust the teacher's that we hire and pay to be responsible, ethical, adults whose job it is in our schools to educate our children, and to help put them on the path to being responsible, ethical adults themselves.

Remember that most teens are not mature emotionally or in their critical thinking yet. Don't think that a teenager, male or female, cannot be damaged emotionally by an improper relationship of this type.

We don't hire teachers to prey on them sexually. There doesn't seem to be such a thing as "shame" anymore.

Old 12-25-2013, 05:08 PM

929 posts, read 2,092,046 times
There are all type of fetishes that go way beyond normal behavior that most can understand. Power may be involved in many of these cases. There is no doubt that this has been going on forever. As far as teachers risking their jobs... many people just get a thrill on living life on the edge.

Old 12-25-2013, 05:20 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,648,683 times
and these are the cases we know of , I'm sure there are students who never told anyone.

Old 12-25-2013, 06:01 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,048 times
[quote=bjimmy24;32732675]To everyone saying some version of "I wish I were so lucky when I was in scool LOLOLOLOLOL" (paraphrased: I wish I got raped when I was a kid)- you are horrible people and your comments nauseate me.

Seriously, why are you all such idiots? Your moronic attitudes is part of the problem that boys have growing up- their problems aren't problems, but rather jokes; nobody cares about you; consider yourself lucky to have been raped. Wow can you imagine the outcry against somebody for telling a 14 year old girl that she was lucky she was raped by her teacher, but apparently it's fine to say that to a 14 year old boy?

You should all be ashamed of yourself for defending child rape and pedophilia.[/quot

Isn't pedophilia an attraction to pre-pubescent children?? High schoolers are usually past puberty aren't they?? If you're going to go off on a self-righteous accusatory tangent, at least use the correct term, which is ephebophilia, an attraction mid-to late adolescents.

I didn't see ANYONE defending such horrible things as you stated.

Old 12-25-2013, 07:55 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,680,213 times
bjimmy is just a self righteous nutball. I know how I would have felt if I was in the 9th grade banging my teacher, pretty awesome. im not sure what benefit there is to lying and pretending that I wouldn't have been happy with the situation.

Old 12-25-2013, 07:58 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,889,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
you disgust me.

Mission successful.

Old 12-25-2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac77 View Post
Sorry for my blathering nonsense! All I mean by mental illness is depression. Teachers who make reckless decisions like having sexual relations with a "hot young teen stud", as you put it, clearly aren't mentally all there if they're willing to risk their teaching careers (and possibly marriages) over performing sexual acts with students. Obviously there's something going on mentally for a teacher to make such an irrational decision. Maybe they're just not happy in their lives and that depression clouds their judgment, allowing them to rationalize the idea of having sexual relations with a student. Any of these 41 women could have had sex with guys who weren't minors or high school students. Why choose a minor or a student when I'm sure they all knew the potential consequences? My answer is because they weren't of sound mind when they made the decision.

I'm sure some of the males involved with these teachers won't be scarred for life. There's really no way of knowing how teacher-student relations effect the student. I'm sure it's different on a case-by-case basis. It might have been a wonderful experience for some of the boys. But wonderful experiences and the law don't always coincide. Someone taking heroin could have a wonderful experience, but it's still against the law. The same applies here.

It's been proven that registered sex offenders are usually abused themselves. I'm not sure if that's the case here or not. It would be interesting to figure out if there's a common thread among all 41 teachers though. Sorry for blathering again!
No blathering involved.

Old 12-25-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
If a teenager is already sexually active, as more and more of them are these days, then it's no surprise that these lines are sometimes crossed. Teens often have crushes on their teachers. Otherwise, what I have also noticed is that teen boys and young adult men are often not to best dating material for teen girls and young adult women because they are often just looking for meaningless sexual hookups and only concerned about their own sexual gratification. So why wouldn't an older partner be more appealing? And for this reason, this is why the other option for these young women is experimenting with lesbian relationships... a common occurrence in college.

Young women are indoctrinated into this in college and it is not a rare occurrence. Is a young male in HS doing his teacher any more at risk than a young female at college who falls in with a bunch of lesbians who turn her to that lifestyle? I contend not. The female in college is more vulnerable as she has no home to return to every day/night. She is left to them for a semester at a time. The young male is getting his sex on and goes home everyday and hangs out with his normal buddies to live another day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events