U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 04:26 PM

8,402 posts, read 19,557,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
You would transfer the student because the teacher has feeling for him/her???
I wondered about that too. I say transfer the teacher, although moving the problem doesn't solve the problem. At least the student and his/her family wouldn't be punished for something they had nothing to do with.

I don't see a solution to this. Everyone knows that if the adult gets caught, their career is over, they are publicly ostracized, and they may be facing legal problems as well. The chance they'll get caught is huge; teens certainly can't be trusted to keep a secret like that. That's still not enough for some to leave the kids alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2013, 02:39 AM

1,410 posts, read 2,003,975 times
I doubt it's more common than in the past, but social media and smart phones are a catastrophe waiting to happen for anyone trying to carry out discreet relationships.

What I find interesting, and I imagine there are consequential effects from this, is the gender disparity in the reaction to these student-teacher relationships.

The male students receive a great deal of validation. Aside from the usual male conquest discourse, he managed to snag an authority figure and get her to risk almost everything for a tumble with him! Even if his mother is scandalised, he'll have no shortage of willing cheerleaders around him begging him for the war stories and trying to high-five him.

A female student experiences the opposite. She'll have to deal with victim-status (real or imagined), ****-shaming, and tsk-tsk'ing of "What was she thinking?"

I am not a fan of these interactions for any gender combination. There's too much room for blackmail, emotional manipulation, professional problems, and public scandal. And that's to say nothing of the usual gamut of sexual risks such as disease and pregnancy! Jasper13 really made an excellent suggestion for counselling/intervention for teachers seeking help for student attractions. I would also add that teachers need to be able to solicit no-risk advice for dealing students whom they feel are crossing the line repeatedly with sexual advances (echoing the sentiment that these "kids" often are of their full adult stature and very much sexual beings).

Old 12-29-2013, 06:49 AM

6,171 posts, read 4,962,247 times
When I was in high school all my teachers were near retirement age. They definitely commanded way more power and respect than the younger ones, but everyones gotta start somewhere.

Anyway performing lewd acts with a student is definitely a good way to throw away all that time and money spent to become a teacher!

Teens and early 20's are a males sexual prime years.. At one time it was normal to have children at 16 years of age. Now people are waiting till their late 30's (due to college debt and finding a career) and we wonder why autism and other issues are so prevalent nowadays.

Last edited by s1alker; 12-29-2013 at 07:02 AM..

Old 12-30-2013, 10:36 AM

9,327 posts, read 13,874,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
Remember that most teens are not mature emotionally or in their critical thinking yet. Don't think that a teenager, male or female, cannot be damaged emotionally by an improper relationship of this type.
A teenager can be hurt emotionally by any relationship, improper or otherwise. I doubt the teacher dumping them is any worse than a fellow student. But what hurts more... having sex with the teacher, or seeing the teacher thrown in jail for it?

We're not talking about pedophilia here, these are sexually mature teenagers... and if they're not emotionally mature, well, neither are the teachers judging from some of the stories on the 41 pics site.

Moral of the story: if you're a student banging a teacher
1) No electronic traces.
2) Keep your mouth shut.
3) If asked, deny, deny, deny.

Old 12-31-2013, 01:43 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,321,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
A teenager can be hurt emotionally by any relationship, improper or otherwise. I doubt the teacher dumping them is any worse than a fellow student. But what hurts more... having sex with the teacher, or seeing the teacher thrown in jail for it?

We're not talking about pedophilia here, these are sexually mature teenagers... and if they're not emotionally mature, well, neither are the teachers judging from some of the stories on the 41 pics site.

Moral of the story: if you're a student banging a teacher
1) No electronic traces.
2) Keep your mouth shut.
3) If asked, deny, deny, deny.
Lol, I don't know what to make of the bolded...

Old 01-02-2014, 01:40 PM

3,098 posts, read 2,225,132 times
The funny part of this is that on every one of these stories, they open up to a big picture of the teacher so we can see how big the jackpot was that the kid hit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events