Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2014, 03:20 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Did she really say there are no tubes or catheters in Jahi's body except for a feeding tube????? So they are just dumping food into the feeding tube and not wondering why nothing comes out??? Did I hear this incorrectly?

Did anyone notice that when she was answering questions she skated around she either closed her eyes or looked to the left or the right when she answered which is a tell that you are lying? Simple questions she looked straight into the camera for.
I just listened again and read what was written, blueherons. I clearly heard mom gives her vitamins. She made it sound like they were p.o. Also, she said "room air" about the vent settings. I heard the same as you, "No PICC lines, tubes or caths." Pedicures on Fridays.

The St. Patrick's Pedi would have made great video to show the public.

What I clearly heard her reference is bow the 13 y.o.'s body is now compared to how it was "in California."

I was reading the info below so I wouldn't be honest to say I watched the Interview. If she is improving like mom says, I wonder why they haven't filed the lawsuit against CHO?

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 08:01 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,948,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
Perhaps she's only 98% brain dead?

Old 03-31-2014, 05:17 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times
Default On Nov. Ballot for CA Voters- Increasing Malpractice Awards

It seems like personal injury attorney has gotten the question on the Nov. Ballot for CA Voters. Should malpractice caps be changed.

Interesting timing........

Breaking, World, US & Local News - nydailynews.com - NY Daily News

MSR

Old 04-01-2014, 06:50 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Wonder if this is like those families who keep Grandma's dead body in the freezer while they continue to get her Social Security payments for a few years ?

Surely there are a few dozen entitlement programs she could be enrolled in while she is "alive" but totally disabled.

Old 04-01-2014, 07:04 AM

2,531 posts, read 3,096,958 times
There's just no other way to phrase this:
Isn't the body going to....rot soon? Start smelling? What happens then?
Signed,
Grossly Curious

Old 04-01-2014, 08:40 AM

1,265 posts, read 3,460,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Wonder if this is like those families who keep Grandma's dead body in the freezer while they continue to get her Social Security payments for a few years ?

Surely there are a few dozen entitlement programs she could be enrolled in while she is "alive" but totally disabled.
She has been declared legally dead. She therefore cannot be considered as "alive," or "disabled," from a legal standpoint. This fact that she is deceased was upheld in Court (and by multiple physicians) before she even left the hospital. It is therefore not possible for her to receive any "entitlement" benefits, such as Social Security, medical insurance, etc. From what I have read, the care of her body is being paid for by donations.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:56 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
The mother gave a tv interview today. Bay area tv, FWIW. I wish she would have given it at the facility so independent reporters could confirm or deny if the body of this 13 y.o. is indeed in a facility.

In the past when I've suggested an interview could answer a lot of questions, I meant where the reporters saw the 13 y.o.'s body and could independently describe and show what they saw. The name of the facility and address don't need to be released. Just independent journalists.

I wonder if the attorney will get any special recognition from the Schiavo Foundation?

What do you think of this interview?
"She's Still Asleep," Jahi McMath's Mother Says of Brain-Dead Daughter | NBC Bay Area

Brain Dead don't "sleep!"

MSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Yeah, right, like that would be a good idea.

Reporters don't know squat.

And nobody wants to see "it".
I have to agree with Dale on this one. Although I do think this family is waaaay out there - certainly I wouldn't be offering up the body of my sick or dead child for any 'independent reporter'.

The family has absolutely NO obligation to satisfy anyone's desire to see 'the body'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
StilltheSame,

I believe your comment captured the most accurate feeling. If she's doing all those things, why not let TMZ or the Natjonal Enquirer etc. take some photos?

Thanks for posting!

MSR
So we've moved from 'independent reporters' to 'physician reporters' to TMZ or the National Enquirer?

What I see is that lots of people have their own agenda in this situation. Not just the family.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:49 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucheGA View Post
She has been declared legally dead. She therefore cannot be considered as "alive," or "disabled," from a legal standpoint. This fact that she is deceased was upheld in Court (and by multiple physicians) before she even left the hospital. It is therefore not possible for her to receive any "entitlement" benefits, such as Social Security, medical insurance, etc. From what I have read, the care of her body is being paid for by donations.
Very interesting but is there any way she can fall through the cracks on this?

Old 04-03-2014, 11:01 AM

1,265 posts, read 3,460,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Very interesting but is there any way she can fall through the cracks on this?
I don't see how she could. I certainly don't know of any instances where a government awarded benefits to a corpse, aside from instances where the death was not reported, or not known to the government entity that awarded the benefits.

Old 04-03-2014, 01:36 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,815,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

ToucheGA said what I was going to. She won't fall through the cracks, because so many people have heard her name now. The story is just too big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
There's just no other way to phrase this:
Isn't the body going to....rot soon? Start smelling? What happens then?
Signed,
Grossly Curious
Yes. The food will rot in her, her organs will rot, if she was given an autopsy, they would likely find that her brain is liquid. She's probably already smelling.

Obviously, the mother is not in her right mind, although you would think that, months into this whole situation, she would have come to her senses a little bit. What gets me are comments (in news articles) that some people make about how as long as her heart is beating, she's still alive. Well, take her off the machines, and see how long her heart beats on its own, then. Her heart would have stopped beating by now without being hooked up to machines. It just makes no sense to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events