U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 01:50 PM

7,626 posts, read 14,020,276 times

Advertisements

Not EVEN going to look because I KNOW I would want to kill the bas*%rd!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 04:45 PM

8,402 posts, read 19,604,393 times
Unfortunately he will probably not receive more than a short jail sentence, if that. I'm all for street justice for cases like this.

Old 01-17-2014, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Not EVEN going to look because I KNOW I would want to kill the bas*%rd!!!!!!!!!!!
What you mostly missed was a now-almost-healthy puppy going crazy trying to lick everyone around him with his tail wagging so hard he could barely walk.

The guy was walking up and down the street doing this. Why did someone not come out with a bat and solve the problem? A crushed kneecap would serve as a permanent reminder of how to not treat animals. I'd look the other way for that.

I need to cool off.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:04 PM

20,940 posts, read 22,532,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
They blocked out the puppy so you only saw a blur for a few seconds and then showed him happy and healthy licking his keeper and wagging his tail.

Someone video taped the guy on a cell phone and apparently that's how he was identified. I wish that person would come forward so he or she could be thanked. That was a brave thing to do. There was a cop in the video who said that they appreciate people using their mobile devices for things like this so that more bad guys can be caught.

I keep thinking a big strong man like this dragging a defenseless little animal just because it wouldn't obey him by walking on the leash. Not only a sick person but a stupid one if he thought that was the way to leash train a dog. And one who is potentially dangerous to anyone in Society whether it's a two legged or four legged animal.

This guy needs to be locked up for a very long time. Like maybe forever.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:16 PM

21,587 posts, read 26,255,246 times
Anyone know what the law is in CA? The bail was significant because he had other charges. Is there any chance he will receive more than a small fine and maybe token "community service"?

Old 01-18-2014, 11:29 PM

4,466 posts, read 3,366,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Anyone know what the law is in CA? The bail was significant because he had other charges. Is there any chance he will receive more than a small fine and maybe token "community service"?
I sure hope so. I wish animal cruelty laws in the US were much harsher than they currently are. Slapping people on the wrist and paying a fine is not much of a deterrent. Personally, I would love for the punishment to fit the crime. If you drag and animal, you get dragged. If you beat one, you get beat. Seems to me it would be quite an effective way to not only punish those who are cruel to animals, but to also deter people from doing it in the first place.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:46 AM

726 posts, read 666,819 times
****ing psychopath. Some vigilante out there will know about what he's done and do what we would all like to.

Old 01-19-2014, 11:27 AM

27,457 posts, read 15,144,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Give me 2 minutes with him.

Hell is far too good for his ilk.

And then give me about, oh, say 12-15 years with the puppy.
Oh this we agree Dale. He needs someone to beat the crap out of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Apparently this was not his first animal cruelty offense!!!
It never is. WHY do these people continue to own animals when it is apparent that they can't stand them? When I think of the animals that are tortured every day it truly makes me ill.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:13 PM

30,718 posts, read 9,185,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Unfortunately he will probably not receive more than a short jail sentence, if that. I'm all for street justice for cases like this.
If this isn't the truth. Every case of animal abuse reporting always ends with the same c--p: a small fine or a year in jail, and the jail sentences are rare.

Old 01-19-2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Oh this we agree Dale. He needs someone to beat the crap out of him.

It never is. WHY do these people continue to own animals when it is apparent that they can't stand them? When I think of the animals that are tortured every day it truly makes me ill.
Because these roaches need something to be the master of; to feel like they are in charge. They're too weak and gutless to do this in the human world, so they go after animals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or