Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 06:08 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,603,472 times

Advertisements

He is a repugnant person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 06:11 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,705,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjarado View Post
Woody Allen is a comic GENIUS.. and he can marry any one he likes, for all I care.
Females over 16 are hardly "children" even tho the world has a penchant for characterizing us as such, and for far longer than common sense dictates.

But common sense is in real short supply in this country.
She was seven. But he gives you a laugh, so he gets a pass from you for molesting his seven year old daughter. You are right that common sense seems to be in short supply in some quarters.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:12 PM

1,155 posts, read 2,235,896 times
Yes, I believe he is.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:50 PM

2,280 posts, read 4,512,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
I do. People usually do not make up stories like that. He also married his adopted daughter - disgusting.
You have summed it up. I agree with both comments. (I also - this is subjective, I admit - always thought he looked "funny" - like a pedophile. The expression of his face.)

Old 02-06-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
Allen did not marry his adopted daughter. Soonyi was not his adopted daughter, not his step daughter, nor was Allen a father figure in her life. Soonyi is the adopted daughter of Andre Previn and Mia Farrow. Andre Previn is her father. According to both Mia Farrow's autobiography and Soonyi Previn's own account, Woody Allen had virtually no relationship of any kind with Soonyi until they began a relationship when she was twenty years old.
Are you actually, truly going to sit there and say it is not inappropriate, slimy and disgusting that of all of the women on earth Allen has to court his lover's adopted daughter to marry her? Surely, you jest.

He could have married a million other women - please don't say he couldn't find someone else to love - but he, sicko that he is, chose Soon Yi.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
No. I think Mia Farrow is the problem here....a nutter if ever there was one.
I agree that she's crazy, too. She is also amoral: She chose "The Boss", thug Frank Sinatra who is known to have been pals with mafioso. And she knew that.

But Allen is a pedophile who also likes to xxx his lover's adopted daughter. And he went out with a 17 year old till she was 19. Slept with her, etc.

Sicko he.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:12 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,049,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne View Post
Are you actually, truly going to sit there and say it is not inappropriate, slimy and disgusting that of all of the women on earth Allen has to court his lover's adopted daughter to marry her? Surely, you jest.

He could have married a million other women - please don't say he couldn't find someone else to love - but he, sicko that he is, chose Soon Yi.
I'm saying it's no more my business than the fact that Mia Farrow chose to engage in a sexual relationship with her friend's husband (Andre Previn). People frequently engage in behaviors which violate the trust within a personal relationship. Soonyi Previn and Woody Allen certainly don't represent the first time (or the last time) that someone has entered into a relationship with the adult child of their boyfriend/girlfriend--or the girlfriend/boyfriend of one's parent. It is what it is, and it is the business of those involved--for better or worse.

As long as no force is involved and there is no manipulation of an individual who is incapable of giving consent,
I don't have any emotional opinions about the romantic/sexual lives of other people.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:30 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,498,811 times
Wow - such differing opinions - yes, I was aware that Allen was not "technically" her adoptive Father - but she was his lovers daughter - and I feel it is disgusting for a 50 plus year old to be in love with a 17 year old - do you remember how dumb or immature you were at 17? I do. I also believe Mia is nutty also. He probably liked Mia because she was so immature and childlike for her age. She was with the creepy Allen. He is rich and could have a lot of women but he chose a young girl who was his lovers daughter. Sicko.

No one ever believes the victim when a so called celebrity is involved. Just image is he is guilty and she has to live in a world where Allen is celebrated? Hollywood is full of perverts and a man who has sex with young girls is the biggest pervert of all.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:39 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,049,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
She was seven. But he gives you a laugh, so he gets a pass from you for molesting his seven year old daughter. You are right that common sense seems to be in short supply in some quarters.
This issue was settled twenty years ago. Do you have information that he molested his seven year old daughter that was somehow overlooked by the police, physicians, and psychiatrists who concluded otherwise?

Old 02-06-2014, 09:32 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,498,811 times
rogead - I had not heard of any of this 20 years ago - and do not have additional information. I do know that police, physicians, and psychiatrists are paid off all the time - even if they were not paid off - its easy to claim the child made it all up - mistakes are made all the time - I am just saying Allen has led a dirty life by having sex with a 17 year old while he was a filty 50 year old man. What 17 year old wants to crawl in bed with an ugly old man unless she is really has no sense and is coerced. Is is right to corrupt a young girl that was supposed to be your daughter or at least have a daughter role in your life. So it stands to reason that he is a perv and most likely molested a 7 yr old- just my opinion

Any man of 50 that wants to be with a little 17 year old girl has some sort of perversion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events