Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2014, 11:09 AM

18,438 posts, read 18,555,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
When will you people get it through your thick heads that Soon-Yi was NOT his adopted daughter. She was Mia's and her second husband, Andre Previn's, adopted daughter. Nor were Woody & Mia ever married. They didn't even live together.

Someone in another thread linked this article, which I found to be very well written, and even-handed. Everyone should read it ... several very interesting things in there I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere.

The Woody Allen Allegations: Not So Fast - The Daily Beast

I particularly found amusing the fact that this tribute, that got her to start sniping nasty tweets .... she signed a release so that a film clip of HER could be a part of it. Unbelievable.
what planet are you on... he took on Mias family to bring up as his own surely.. and knew the girl from a younger age... its sick to see someone in the family as a sex object to take nude photos of.. he s an old ugly perv, end of..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 11:26 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,897,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Hellooo!! Soon Yi was never ever Woody Allen's adopted daughter.

And they've been happily married now for 16 years. Soon-Yi is now 41 years old... so if Woody Allen were a pedophile, then why would he still be with her? How can a 41 year old woman be visualized as a child by a man? And they've also passed the intense screening process and been able to adopt two children since Mia's nonsensical accusations. Just because there are pedophiles in the world, doesn't mean that all people who are in age gap relationships are pedophiles.

Celine Dion is 26 years younger than her husband Rene and they've been happily married for 18 years. And I'm a 55 year old woman who is in a 23 age gap relationship, we've been together for ten years. I met him when he was 22. A solid long term romantic relationship is much more than just sex, it's also being good companions to one another.

I think that what was appealing to Woody about Soon-Yi was her intelligence, maturity and calm disposition, in sharp contrast to Mia's craziness and all the drama that occurs in celebrity circles.

Anyway, here is Woody Allen's response that was printed in the New York Times paper:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/09/op...?smid=fb-share
I agree with your post here. I read the whole link and think Woody Allen has taken the high road with his response.

Also, thanks for sharing your personal story.

Last edited by geebabe; 02-11-2014 at 11:51 AM..

Old 02-11-2014, 11:31 AM

Quote:
What about Mia Farrow being the one to stir the drama pot again and get Dylan going on that made up story? What's more believable to me is that Mia brainwashed and coached her young daughter Dylan into thinking that she was abused by Woody.

And stop comparing your co-worker's experiences with what is happening with the Woody Allen situation. Every single abuse situation is different. Yes, there are sex abusers, but it's also a very common situation for bitter and vindictive ex-spouses to tell lies and attack their exes. Women lie too and make up false accusations of rape.
Agree. I cannot imagine doing to my child what Mia has done to her child and other children.

Indeed, women lie too.

Last edited by geebabe; 02-11-2014 at 11:53 AM..

Old 02-11-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
what planet are you on... he took on Mias family to bring up as his own surely.. and knew the girl from a younger age... its sick to see someone in the family as a sex object to take nude photos of.. he s an old ugly perv, end of..
Did you even READ the article from The Daily Beast? It doesn't sound like it from what you wrote.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:50 AM

To calipoppy:

All that those photos you posted show to me are family outings. YOU are the SICK one here to insinuate anything more. They are photos taken in PUBLIC. I could go on, but why bother. Some people on this thread are just too scary for me to acknowledge anymore.

Last edited by geebabe; 02-11-2014 at 12:26 PM..

Old 02-11-2014, 11:50 AM

14,986 posts, read 23,761,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Woody Allen and his adopted daughter. Isn't this how his affair started with Soon Yi? We see you Woody.
Those pictures show Woody holding hands with his daughter(s) and with them on his lap (in public, with his wife present), all with the caption "Look at how he is holding this girl - it is SICKENING".

I thought the pictures with that caption were meant as satire, as they surely do not portray anything other than typical loving father/daughter poses, until I read your previous remarks. Maybe they are and you do not realize it. Whatever you think of Woody - surely you have to admit that these pictures, if they were anyone else but him, are not in the least bit "sickening". To label them as such is in itself disturbing and sick.

I certainly hope that a picture of me holding my daughters hand or with her on my lap is not labeled "sickening".

Old 02-11-2014, 12:06 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,088,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
End of? What are you, the self-proclaimed arbiter of what should be?

He did not "take on Mia's family to bring up as his own". He didn't live with them. How is that bringing anyone up?

And the notion that because someone knew the other person "from a younger age" that any relationship is perverted ... well, there are an awful lot of perverted couples out there, then.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:17 PM
miu

17,758 posts, read 40,013,892 times
Quote:
Woody Allen and his adopted daughter. Isn't this how his affair started with Soon Yi? We see you Woody.
Wow. Double standard much? So why aren't you raging over the child bride situation in Africa and other countries? Those men are true pedophiles.

Quote:
In countries where the legal age of marriage differs by sex, the age for women is always lower. In Benin, Cameroon, Gabon, Mali, Niger and the Democratic Republic of Congo, the legal age of marriage is 18 for males and only 15 for females.
Early and forced marriage - facts and figures - Plan UK

Old 02-11-2014, 10:56 PM

2,280 posts, read 4,482,365 times
Quote:

Thanks for those fascinating photos of Woody and Soon-Yi and their 2 adopted children from China. Look at how Woody holds his "daughters". Never in one million years would my father have ever put his hands on me or my sister like that. There was this built in, natural modesty and physical distancing as we grew older. Fathers who hold onto girls that age are inappropriate and sickening. If those photos are authentic, then I do feel he has a sick attraction to young women (girls, even). The guy is no good.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:01 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,442,745 times
Quote:
Wow. Double standard much? So why aren't you raging over the child bride situation in Africa and other countries? Those men are true pedophiles.

Early and forced marriage - facts and figures - Plan UK
Start a thread about it and perhaps I will. And I also find it interesting that you did not mention the well-known child sex trade in Asia...but of course YOU wouldn't Miu.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events