Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 09:51 AM

5,724 posts, read 7,476,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenrr View Post
---and you thot you had it bad...

Entering the tiger enclosure at the Chengdu Zoo in China’s southwest Sichuan province, a man made vigorous, but unsuccessful, attempts to entice the animals to eat him, a Chinese newspaper reported on Tuesday.

“I asked them to bite me and let them eat my meat, and so I did not fight back,” 27-year old Yang Jinhai told the Chengdu Business Daily.

Yang, who according to his brother suffers from mental health issues, climbed a tree to breach the enclosure. Stunned visitors witnessed how he made “exaggerated movements” for 20 minutes to tempt the Bengal tigers, but while scratching him and dragging him by the back of his neck, the beasts refused to devour him.

Zoo keepers finally tranquilized the tigers in order to rescue Yang, who is now being treated for depression.

Read more: Depressed Man Tries to Feed Himself to Tigers, Gets Rejected | TIME.com Depressed Man Tries to Feed Himself to Tigers, Gets Rejected | TIME.com
No matter what you do, you will not leave this world until it is time. I hope he gets the help that he needs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 10:49 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,592,515 times
Poor guy. He was very lucky.

“I asked them to bite me..."

Now everytime I tell someone to "Bite Me", I'll think of this story.

Old 02-20-2014, 12:41 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,209,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
No matter what you do, you will not leave this world until it is time. I hope he gets the help that he needs.
How would anyone know if that is true?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Poor guy. He was very lucky.

“I asked them to bite me..."

Now everytime I tell someone to "Bite Me", I'll think of this story.
Ha anyone bitten you after being told to? Probably not.

Maybe it's just an ineffective statement.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:31 PM

10,113 posts, read 19,388,538 times
Well, everyone knows cats are finicky eaters!

Old 02-20-2014, 02:07 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,154,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenrr View Post
......Zoo keepers finally tranquilized the tigers in order to rescue Yang, who is now being treated for depression.
There's something strange about that word "finally". It's as if they got bored of standing around waiting for him to get eaten, and finally tranquilized them.

Old 02-20-2014, 02:53 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,827,029 times
i do not understand why the tigers had ti be tranquilized?

Old 02-20-2014, 03:04 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,986,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
i do not understand why the tigers had ti be tranquilized?
Have you forgotten that tigers are one of the most dangerous predators in the world. They are even capable of beating a lion in battle going as far back as Ancient Roman Colosseum fights.

Old 02-20-2014, 03:42 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,590,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Well, everyone knows cats are finicky eaters!
One of mine harasses the holy heck out of me until I finally give her a piece to try, then she sticks her nose up and walks away. The black and white male loves human food, specifically steak, lunch meat, cheese, pizza, popcorn, pasta, ice cream, fish, tortilla chips and poultry. He can drive you crazy with his begging, but at least he'll usually eat what you give him. He should be feeding us since we once spent $1k on him to keep him alive. Yeah, yeah, I know, no cat is worth $1k. The funny thing is that I had already paid $100 to have him put to sleep (it broke my heart), but right before the needle, the governor (my wife) called and pardoned him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events