Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2014, 11:44 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times

Advertisements

Well............once the ships arrive on the scene, maybe things will be better. They can stay there and search. Maybe the weather will improve too.

I'd like some answers, especially to tie in all the sightings of a plane flying low or crashing. The oil rig guys off the coast of Viet Nam--they saw something and they seemed to know what they were talking about. If it crashed off of Viet Nam could the wreckage have drifted to the area that is now being searched? Do the currents run to the south?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 11:53 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,407,433 times
I think the co-pilot killed the pilot, then somehow killed the rest of the people by asphyxiation, then programmed the computer to go crash in a place where he would know it is difficult to find. The co-pilot either killed himself while the plane was in the air, or when it crashed.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:57 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,294,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
I think the co-pilot killed the pilot, then somehow killed the rest of the people by asphyxiation, then programmed the computer to go crash in a place where he would know it is difficult to find. The co-pilot either killed himself while the plane was in the air, or when it crashed.
....or maybe the co-pilot shot and killed himself and then shot and killed everyone else on the plane!?

Old 03-21-2014, 12:07 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
I'm thinking so, too. That would explain the curious absence of even one outgoing phone call from the passengers. I think they were probably quickly incapacitated.

I also think it sucks that that flight representative evidently thought it most important to bellow into the mike that, although they were "looking at" (yeah, a week late) the pilot, he was considered "innocent until proven guilty." Will this PC crap ever end, anywhere?

Old 03-21-2014, 12:13 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,407,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post
....or maybe the co-pilot shot and killed himself and then shot and killed everyone else on the plane!?
- Did not say anything about shooting; the co-pilot since he was the last voice heard and the computer was programmed before the voice, already stabbed the pilot.

- The co-pilot then somehow caused the plane to depressurize, but the only issue is how did the pilot ensure everyone was killed because the emergency air would provide oxygen to them, but only for a limited amount of time; perhaps this time was calculated into his plans.

- The co-pilot either killed himself, or died of the lack of oxygen; the plane was already programmed to fly out into the Indian Ocean to crash in an area where he knows it would never be found with hopes of it all being a "mystery".

I also think the US and other powers know what happened to the plane, but will not disclose due to it disclosing intel capabilities. If the plane was truly missing, I think the US would have a much larger response than what it has due to the potential for the plane to be a flying bomb.

Old 03-21-2014, 02:08 PM

here's a question.....why is the blackbox/transponder designed to be 'able' to be turned OFF by someone in the COCKpit?

Old 03-21-2014, 03:10 PM

558 posts, read 1,120,139 times
I can only think of "Langoliers."

I think it would be really cool if the plane suddenly appeared and landed somewhere and nobody on board even knew the were missing. I'm sure the media would find a way to cover it up. Aliens are real.

Old 03-21-2014, 03:34 PM

43,619 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post
here's a question.....why is the blackbox/transponder designed to be 'able' to be turned OFF by someone in the COCKpit?
The blackbox and the transponder are 2 completely different things and the blackbox can't be turned off. But the blackbox's battery will die after 30 days.

Old 03-21-2014, 04:30 PM

43,619 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Missing Malaysia Airlines MH370: Full transcript from plane's cockpit reportedly obtained

Old 03-21-2014, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
The blackbox and the transponder are 2 completely different things and the blackbox can't be turned off. But the blackbox's battery will die after 30 days.
Ok. thanks.
Fair enough.
Then the question is: why is the transponder designed to be 'able' to be turned OFF by someone in the COCKpit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events