Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 03:25 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,774,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VistaCat View Post
But why was he forbidden? Was what he was saying truly fraudulent or dangerous? Or did it go against the agendas of others who could stand to lose business because of what he was saying? I bought one of his books years ago and I didn't find anything in there that was truly bad in any way. Maybe I'm not remembering it as well as I could have...

It's just that ten years seems like a lot of prison time when people who do serious physical harm to others get less time.
Trudeau was a founding member back in the 1990's of a company called, "Nutrition for Life" it was an MLM company and the feds, like many MLM's, shut it down. It was backed by some pretty big business names and the company had stores and supply shops setup nationwide. Their products, were in fact pretty good stuff. Kevin's role was promoting the company as a pitch man and he was damn good at it. The man could seriously sell stuff. When the feds shut it down, they set their sites on Kevin and honestly never took them off him.

His argument was always that his books were first amendment protected. And I agree with him. The man is a gifted fast talker, hypster and a bit of a BS'er as in, he exaggerates claims, or can take something with a shred of truth or proof and make it life sized, right in your face and make you want it. That was his gift. He went from rags to riches numerous times in his life. He did not steal, he just hyped and sold and sold and sold.

I met the man and did not find him any worse, or better then any politician I've known. The feds basically wanted him and they got him. Just like 99% of all Americans, once the feds start looking at you, there is a 99% chance you're done. It's all about saving face once they target you. HOW DARE YOU SHOW UP THE FEDERAL GOVRNMENT.

His last book, the one that was his demise, was a poorly written, stupid book, but stupid, does not equal ten years of your life in my opinion. They told him to stop selling it and he refused. He got arrested and sent to prison. As simple as that.

I think he has an appeal myself.

http://www.fundinguniverse.com/compa...l-inc-history/

Last edited by alaskaboy; 03-18-2014 at 03:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 04:19 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,776,075 times
There are murderers, rapists and pimps who get shorter sentences. I understand he was a con man and ignored court orders, but ten years is a long time for someone who only stiffed suckers out of $30 a pop. That he made millions is only further proof how many idiots are out there waiting to give away their money.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:11 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,229,211 times
This isn't the first time this guy landed in jail. He deposited false checks and he stole SSN and credit card numbers and racked up over $100,000 in fraud charges. This guy is a career criminal. I'm sure there are other activities that never came to light.

As for making money, yes it's legal to make money off of idiots, but without breaking the law in the process. He's been warned since 2004 that what he was doing is illegal and he just basically thought he's bigger than the law. Well, he found out he isn't. Good riddance.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:49 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,699,244 times
The irony of our tax dollars being used to pay for this guy's prison accommodations.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:02 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,195,604 times
Trudeau is a thief FCOL!

How is he any different from the guy who lifts your GPS out of your unlocked car in your driveway?

How is he any different from the pickpocket who lifts your wallet at a concert?

How is he any different from a shoplifter at the local Walmart?

Just because he's a white collar criminal doesn't lessen the fact that he's a criminal.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:16 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
There are murderers, rapists and pimps who get shorter sentences. I understand he was a con man and ignored court orders, but ten years is a long time for someone who only stiffed suckers out of $30 a pop. That he made millions is only further proof how many idiots are out there waiting to give away their money.

My sentiments, exactly.....

Old 03-19-2014, 12:46 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,188,778 times
I have a sure as shoot way all of you can lose weight! Paypal $100 to me and I'll tell you those secrets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
This isn't the first time this guy landed in jail. He deposited false checks and he stole SSN and credit card numbers and racked up over $100,000 in fraud charges. This guy is a career criminal. I'm sure there are other activities that never came to light.

As for making money, yes it's legal to make money off of idiots, but without breaking the law in the process. He's been warned since 2004 that what he was doing is illegal and he just basically thought he's bigger than the law. Well, he found out he isn't. Good riddance.
Give it 12+ years and there'll be a movie about him. Maybe Leonardo DiCaprio will play him in that one as well.

Old 03-19-2014, 03:35 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,774,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
I have a sure as shoot way all of you can lose weight! Paypal $100 to me and I'll tell you those secrets!

Give it 12+ years and there'll be a movie about him. Maybe Leonardo DiCaprio will play him in that one as well.
Perfectly legal as long as you follow copyright and intellectual property right laws.

Old 03-19-2014, 11:47 PM

22,654 posts, read 24,581,931 times
Ten years.......haha, pathetic.

There are scads of total scam companies hawking BS diets........watch PBS some time, they hawk lots of snake oil.

Old 03-21-2014, 12:18 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
Its really the conned with their conning themselves who makes such cons possible. Sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events