Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 01:38 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times

Advertisements

Seeming more and more like a publicity stunt.

Exhibit A:
Cupcakes Rule
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 06:12 PM

26 posts, read 35,801 times
He's talking to his mom? Why is he calling her Linda?

Old 03-19-2014, 06:37 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,273,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyLadyTX View Post
He's likely mimicking his father's arguing style. Repeating exactly what Dad says.

Poor kid. His parents are encouraging his bad behavior and exploiting him.

He really is an adorable little boy. When he's not talking.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:54 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
He's likely mimicking his father's arguing style. Repeating exactly what Dad says.

Poor kid. His parents are encouraging his bad behavior and exploiting him.

He really is an adorable little boy. When he's not talking.
That is what I suspect, Dad probably says "Linda, listen, listen" etc.

Old 03-19-2014, 11:22 PM

256 posts, read 342,909 times
Oh God....
If I would have ever called my parents by their first name....

Old 03-20-2014, 04:18 AM

1,764 posts, read 2,865,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by transdimensionalhottie View Post
Oh God....
If I would have ever called my parents by their first name....
Same here. The kids on my in-law's side are allowed to call adults by their first names the day they turn 18. I am in my 40s and I would NEVER call me parents or any elder by their first name. If someone is a different generation, I just add "Ms." or "Mr." to their first name, but never just their first name.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:47 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
I couldn't take more that the first few seconds of that video before I had to turn it off. What a disturbing, obnoxious little kid. I see this every day, parents who think their little angels are so cute and who act like brats.

If my Sons would have EVER acted like that when they were little they would have had a little surprise bestowed on their backside. But that would never have happened because I loved my Sons enough to teach them the proper way to behave and treat other people.

God, that is so sickening, and for Ellen to reward that behavior is very uncool. Some woman some day will inherit that boy as her Husband and will wonder why he is abusive and out of control. Hope she reviews this video before tying the knot with this loser.

Don

Old 03-20-2014, 08:32 AM

50,792 posts, read 36,486,545 times
I actually think the kid is adorable and the video is funny. He reminds me of Stewie on Family Guy, and I'll bet he's going to make a good lawyer one day. I do NOT think Ellen should have given him cupcakes though, nor do I think he should be famous for it. It's something that at home is hilarious but by making it world-famous, it becomes more of a "statement", and that makes it seem different.

I remember when my nephew, who is 38 now, was 2, and my brother (his Dad) thought it would be funny to teach him how to say "Bullsh**!" and then he said it over and over and we all cracked up, until we couldn't make him stop and then Mom got mad and he got punished, lol (well, really Dad did!). At home this was a funny incident, and he grew up just fine....but if it was today and we taped it and put it online, I can't even imagine the comments it would have generated, and people would have been predicting doom for his future because he was so "poorly behaved" with such rotten parents who reward his horrible behavior with laughter.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:50 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I actually think the kid is adorable and the video is funny. He reminds me of Stewie on Family Guy, and I'll bet he's going to make a good lawyer one day. I do NOT think Ellen should have given him cupcakes though, nor do I think he should be famous for it. It's something that at home is hilarious but by making it world-famous, it becomes more of a "statement", and that makes it seem different.

I remember when my nephew, who is 38 now, was 2, and my brother (his Dad) thought it would be funny to teach him how to say "Bullsh**!" and then he said it over and over and we all cracked up, until we couldn't make him stop and then Mom got mad and he got punished, lol (well, really Dad did!). At home this was a funny incident, and he grew up just fine....but if it was today and we taped it and put it online, I can't even imagine the comments it would have generated, and people would have been predicting doom for his future because he was so "poorly behaved" with such rotten parents who reward his horrible behavior with laughter.
Perhaps some of those comments that people use are a bit overstated, but I don't think it's unreasonable to think that a child may be going into the wrong direction. The thing about kids, which you even illustrated with your nephew, is that the longer you let them keep a bad habit, the harder it is to break them out of it. When a child is talking like this boy in this video was, it has to be corrected and clearly understood that his behavior is wrong. The problem is he is being rewarded for what he did. For a 3 year old that is confusing. You may come back later and say that he shouldn't do that, but all he's going to remember is that you took him to a place that allowed him to get all the cupcakes he wanted. If you tell him not to do something again, how does he know you won't change your mind again? Kids at that age love testing boundaries and if you don't set them definitively, they will push them even more.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:58 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
Quote:
I think this was probably the most disturbing thing about the entire video! Why is a child calling his mother "Linda" instead of "mommy" or "mom"?

I can only imagine what type of relationship this is going to turn out to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events