Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2014, 12:26 AM

5,459 posts, read 8,176,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
The above was so horrendous it finally made national news. "One dog grabbed her face and literally tore it off. The other one pulled her mouth off...."

Pit bulls rip out 6-year-old girl's tongue in attack - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 05:51 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
Actually, they are being repealed..... or never passing in the first place once a few intelligent people bother to do a little unbiased research and realize how ineffective and unfair bsl actually is.....
Not true but apparently you need to feel that way. Your OPINION is just that. Opinion.

Old 06-19-2014, 05:59 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,027,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
The pit bull lovers in full force on here. lol

MANY of them are vicious and dangerous. Get over it. So are a bunch of other large breeds. People shouldn't have to suffer because of your obsession with owing big dogs and letting them off leash like most dog owners I see.

Breed bans are a great idea. The children NOT killed by them will thank you. Many of them are vicious beasts. Just search youtube for some of "their greatest hits" or google search for the million articles that discuss a mauling by them
how is a 35 - 40 lb dog big??

and isn't it against TOS to have two usernames?? what happened.... did Lizardtastic get suspended for personal attacks??

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Not true but apparently you need to feel that way. Your OPINION is just that. Opinion.
yes, true and not my opinion.... look at Ohio.... and I have read of several other places in recent months where attempts at bsl have failed......

Old 06-19-2014, 06:07 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,054 times
Quote:
how is a 35 - 40 lb dog big??

and isn't it against TOS to have two usernames?? what happened.... did Lizardtastic get suspended for personal attacks??

yes, true and not my opinion.... look at Ohio.... and I have read of several other places in recent months where attempts at bsl have failed......
So what I have read where BSL laws are being implemented is just false? LOL. I see you have an agenda and WANT to believe your opinion is fact.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:42 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,770,556 times
Apparently, Pitties are capable of dispensing their 'special kind of love' to even CARS: Pit bulls chewed through woman's CAR as terrified cat cowered in wheel well | Mail Online

Old 06-19-2014, 10:42 AM

no... I am sure there are still some backwards thinking municipalities that are implementing bsl.... but if you look at the studies, you will see that bsl is an abysmal failure....

and yes, there are also places where bsl is being repealed or never implemented in the first place.....

Old 06-19-2014, 11:38 AM

5,459 posts, read 8,176,344 times
Down in the bayou, a̶l̶l̶i̶g̶a̶t̶o̶r̶ pit bull mauls child, now in hospital.

Hero ̶a̶n̶i̶m̶a̶l̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶ police officer properly dispatches vicious a̶l̶l̶i̶g̶a̶t̶o̶r̶ pit bull.

“Broussard said officers arrested the dog's owner on suspicion he has violated the town's pit bull ordinance.”

Pit bull mauls 12-year-old Washington boy | wwltv.com New Orleans

Old 06-20-2014, 12:57 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,770,556 times
And while we're down on the Bayou, let's pass by Linda Henry's house in Westwego, where Linda's been partially-scalped, plus lost an ear, an eye, and both arms, to 'Zeus', 'Brutus', 'Ghost', and 'Big Lucy', the darling wigglebutt pittie love machines she and her boyfriend had raised since puppyhood:

Westwego woman lost eye, ear and both arms after pit bull attack | NOLA.com

Get a couple of these loyal & loving Nanny Dogs, and you could end up getting a total Pittie Makeover like Linda did: http://ionenewsone.files.wordpress.c...bull.jpg?w=660 Wow! If you look at her 'before' http://i.imgur.com/VRCjZGw.png and 'after' pictures', the difference is amazing! Who needs plastic surgeons and weight loss clinics, when there's Pit Bulls! Getting on the road leading to your Total Transformation can be as simple as setting aside your 'breed prejudices', opening up your heart, and adopting one of these wonderful dogs! http://www.wdsu.com/image/view/-/203...n-Westwego.jpg

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 06-20-2014 at 01:46 AM..

Old 06-20-2014, 01:15 AM

16,579 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Actually, they are being repealed..... or never passing in the first place once a few intelligent people bother to do a little unbiased research and realize how ineffective and unfair bsl actually is.....
That is incorrect. Miami-Dade county has one of the longest running bans (20+ years) and broadest definitions of what is considered a pitbull, and it was upheld by a large majority of voters just recently.

Fewer people and their pets have been mauled and killed as a result. These are facts despite your obvious blind bias in favor of the breed.

Old 06-20-2014, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
That is incorrect. Miami-Dade county has one of the longest running bans (20+ years) and broadest definitions of what is considered a pitbull, and it was upheld by a large majority of voters just recently.

Fewer people and their pets have been mauled and killed as a result. These are facts despite your obvious blind bias in favor of the breed.

something to be proud of, eh??

can you provide the numbers showing maulings and bites are down??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies