U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 09:40 AM

3,233 posts, read 4,204,503 times

Advertisements

They're so loving! Dishing-out heaping helpings of UNCONDITIONAL LOVE, in their own special way. Great with kids! Houma Police: Girl, 4, dies after attack from pit bull | wwltv.com New Orleans

Old 03-26-2014, 09:58 AM

5,574 posts, read 5,830,046 times
Pardon me while I go pop some popcorn. This should be fun.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:03 AM

10,814 posts, read 15,114,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Pardon me while I go pop some popcorn. This should be fun.

NOT funny.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:14 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,434,904 times
The difference between Pit Bulls and other breads of dogs, (the key major difference) is that when a Pit Bull decides to engage in an attack, or fight with a human, or another dog, or animal, it WILL NOT STOP UNTIL WHAT IT'S ATTACKING IS DEAD, OR IT IS DEAD. PERIOD!

I watched a Pit Bull when I was a teenager attack a neighbors dog and the owner of the dog being attacked was hitting the dog in the face and head with a shovel and pipe and the dog would not stop. Both dogs died and the pit with it's teeth latched onto the other dog.

I watched a man who owned a pit bull get his arm chewed off. There is also a video on youtube where you can see another owner mauled to death by his pit bull who was wagging it's tail and having a great time as it chewed it's pleading owner to death.

Pit bulls were bread for attacking and to kill. Dogs are not humans and do not reason like humans. I've heard all the arguments as owners are blinded by the seemingly loving and loyal pit bulls, but when something arises and in the mind of that dog is wants or needs to attack, it's game over.

Then we get into the societal issues with this breed. 90% are owned by thugs who think it's cool to own a killing machine of a dog. And they are not responsible owners. But what these thugs have found, it when they "sick" their dog on someone, they are unable to call them off. and that equates to a murder charge for the dog owner.

Pits, at the very least need to be required to have owners who are required to have a license and regulated, much like owning a lion or tiger would require.

And people who get all gleeful and post youtube videos showing their infants, or small children cuddling with a pit should have their children taken away!!!!!

Old 03-26-2014, 10:32 AM

2,049 posts, read 1,331,275 times
My son and DIL had a pit bull. After the birth of my grandson, I asked them to removed the pit from their home. They gave their pit to a friend.

Regardless of the many positive experiences with pit bulls, we were not willing to test the said with the safety of the baby.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:45 AM

24,843 posts, read 32,375,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
The difference between Pit Bulls and other breads of dogs, (the key major difference) is that when a Pit Bull decides to engage in an attack, or fight with a human, or another dog, or animal, it WILL NOT STOP UNTIL WHAT IT'S ATTACKING IS DEAD, OR IT IS DEAD. PERIOD!

I watched a Pit Bull when I was a teenager attack a neighbors dog and the owner of the dog being attacked was hitting the dog in the face and head with a shovel and pipe and the dog would not stop. Both dogs died and the pit with it's teeth latched onto the other dog.

I watched a man who owned a pit bull get his arm chewed off. There is also a video on youtube where you can see another owner mauled to death by his pit bull who was wagging it's tail and having a great time as it chewed it's pleading owner to death.

Pit bulls were bread for attacking and to kill. Dogs are not humans and do not reason like humans. I've heard all the arguments as owners are blinded by the seemingly loving and loyal pit bulls, but when something arises and in the mind of that dog is wants or needs to attack, it's game over.

Then we get into the societal issues with this breed. 90% are owned by thugs who think it's cool to own a killing machine of a dog. And they are not responsible owners. But what these thugs have found, it when they "sick" their dog on someone, they are unable to call them off. and that equates to a murder charge for the dog owner.

Pits, at the very least need to be required to have owners who are required to have a license and regulated, much like owning a lion or tiger would require.

And people who get all gleeful and post youtube videos showing their infants, or small children cuddling with a pit should have their children taken away!!!!!
Found the video.....

Man attacked by Pitbull/It's grusome !!! - YouTube

Old 03-26-2014, 10:47 AM

1,990 posts, read 2,148,419 times
There are certain kinds of people that own Pitbulls (not all Pit Owners, but a lot) that probably should not own dogs period. To all of the Pitbull lovers out there, your breed has been hijacked by trash.

Old 03-26-2014, 11:05 AM

5,574 posts, read 5,830,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
NOT funny.
Thanks for proving my point. I think it's quite funny.

Old 03-26-2014, 11:16 AM

13,904 posts, read 11,472,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
There are certain kinds of people that own Pitbulls (not all Pit Owners, but a lot) that probably should not own dogs period. To all of the Pitbull lovers out there, your breed has been hijacked by trash.
True, true, true.

Old 03-26-2014, 11:24 AM

2,049 posts, read 1,331,275 times
I'm sure that pit bulls can be stellar pets. However, with all of the tragic pit bull incidents, why would a parent take that risk with their children?

Hopefully, the death of this 4 year old is a wake up call for some parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events