Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2014, 09:13 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,998,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownblues View Post
Ha ha, no, you didn't.

You see, you just tried to "cleverly" change what we were discussing. Initially, you said that we all pay for uninsured patients. And we do. With taxes. Now, you suddenly say you pay "the same" as the rich when you go to the doctor. Nice try.

Every time you write, it's something about the rich and how privileged they are. Then you immediately say that justifies you to a cash grab. Your politics and beliefs are transparent.
Now you're changing things around. I've made 2 posts here, you can't possibly say every time I post I say how privileged the rich are. I do pay the same at the office, and proportionally, I pay more taxes than some of the rich.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:16 AM

1,136 posts, read 942,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
Now you're changing things around. I've made 2 posts here, you can't possibly say every time I post I say how privileged the rich are. I do pay the same at the office, and proportionally, I pay more taxes than some of the rich.
No, I'm not changing things around. You are. You started out talking about how we all pay for the uninsured. Then you changed it to talking about how much two insured people pay when they go to the doctor. It's a common tactic.

Oh, by the way, nobody cares what you pay "proportionately." You're poorer, therefore that's called math. The reality is you pay almost nothing compared to the rich.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
No, I'm not changing things around. You are. You started out talking about how we all pay for the uninsured. Then you changed it to talking about how much two insured people pay when they go to the doctor. It's a common tactic.

Oh, by the way, nobody cares what you pay "proportionately." You're poorer, therefore that's called math. The reality is you pay almost nothing compared to the rich.
I certainly don't care what you pay either, or what you don't pay, or for that matter how you do or do not justify it. I'm totally unconcerned with "tactics" ,whereas your schtick is classic Rush or Glenn. I do admire your single mindedness though. Must be hard to experience life at all levels without the slightest doubt...

Old 04-03-2014, 09:28 AM

Quote:
I certainly don't care what you pay either, or what you don't pay, or for that matter how you do or do not justify it. I'm totally unconcerned with "tactics" ,whereas your schtick is classic Rush or Glenn. I do admire your single mindedness though. Must be hard to experience life at all levels without the slightest doubt...
That's right. This guy doesn't care about anything, so long as he can take your money and then rave about "the privileged" and "corporations." You don't have to buy his arguments, so long as he can get his way.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:29 AM

Let's recap here. As I said in an earlier post:

If you want Obamacare, that's fine with me. But then ask yourself why a) your side couldn't be honest about what it was, b) your side had to pass it by bribing states and using questionable procedural tactics, c) your side had to immediately start to hand out thousands of exemptions TO SUPPORTERS of the bill, d) your side had to start postponing almost every part of the bill unconstitutionally, e) and your side is considering campaigning against the bill to save their own hide.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:37 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Let's recap here. As I said in an earlier post:

If you want Obamacare, that's fine with me. But then ask yourself why a) your side couldn't be honest about what it was, b) your side had to pass it by bribing states and using questionable procedural tactics, c) your side had to immediately start to hand out thousands of exemptions TO SUPPORTERS of the bill, d) your side had to start postponing almost every part of the bill unconstitutionally, e) and your side is considering campaigning against the bill to save their own hide.
Ding Ding Ding!!!!

We have a winner!!!

The ACA is loaded in the front of the bill to please......wait until this plays out in five years.

I'll meet you back here in five years......same time....same place.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
That's right. This guy doesn't care about anything, so long as he can take your money and then rave about "the privileged" and "corporations." You don't have to buy his arguments, so long as he can get his way.
Nice try. I did my work, I paid my way. I've taken nothing of yours yet I can't turn my back on those who can't or won't take care of themselves. That's the difference between us. As for your other post, read what I said about logic. Politics has nothing to do with it. It long ago became a Madison ave. shill that sells ice to the Eskimos. And it isn't one sided.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Ding Ding Ding!!!!

We have a winner!!!

The ACA is loaded in the front of the bill to please......wait until this plays out in five years.

I'll meet you back here in five years......same time....same place.
It wasn't even loaded in the front. It was literally just bald-faced lies.

First they claimed they could cover more people AND SAVE MONEY. Remember that? Everyone laughed but the left said, "no, it's true." Nope, it was a lie.

Then they claimed that the bill was to cover the uninsured. Now it turns out that there will still be millions of uninsured after the bill. A lie.

Then they claimed that it wouldn't affect those with insurance. Ha ha, lie.

Then they claimed that people wanted it. But they needed to postpone almost every aspect of it. Lie.

There is literally nothing they said that was true. It was 100% lies. But now "we can't repeal it." That's how liberals do things. They just lie a lot and then say "can't change it now!"

Old 04-03-2014, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Nice try. I did my work, I paid my way. I've taken nothing of yours yet I can't turn my back on those who can't or won't take care of themselves. That's the difference between us.
You've most certainly taken things from me, since you love to take things from people who have money. Another lie from another liberal.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:50 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:

Of course porportionality matters. Anyone with even an intro to micro econ class knows that the utility value of a dollar isn't the same to a person earning 20k as it is to someone earning 100k, and anyone with basic economic analysis knowledge that the effect of putting $10 into the pocket of someone earning 20k isn't the same as someone earning 100k.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events