U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 06:48 PM
Status: "My eyes are rolled back so far I can see my brain." (set 18 days ago)

13,399 posts, read 11,902,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The open reservoirs hold water that already has been treated and goes directly into mains for distribution to customers.
I think they got the pipes hooked up wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 06:49 PM

8,402 posts, read 19,562,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
We're talking a few ounces of urine in 38 million gallons of water. Even though the water had been treated already, there are probably more parts per million of other icky things in that reservoir.
No doubt. It's ridiculous to dump the water for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Imbeciles.

Who drinks tap water any more?
I do, after it runs through the Pur filter attached to the kitchen sink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Stupid on the part of the government. Here's an open air water storage in which animals of many types do their business but one guy drops about a half cup of urine in 35,000,000 gallons of water and they dump the whole thing. Why not set up a treatment facility between the source and supply chain?
The treatment facility is upstream from this storage facility. Seems odd to treat the water then let it sit out in the open until it's sent to homes and businesses.

Old 04-17-2014, 06:50 PM

17,348 posts, read 14,867,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simtropico View Post
You think they really dumped that water?

Or only that they told the public "we dumped the water"?
The reservoir is in clear sight of the public, not hidden behind walls or something. I'm sure they can see if it is emptied or not. The whole process is supposed to take about a week.

Old 04-17-2014, 06:51 PM

24,477 posts, read 28,773,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Man urinates in reservoir, ruins 38M gallons of water

I saw this and couldn't help but wonder if animals aren't doing the same thing. Bird's don't poop when they fly over water? Animals don't die near water or down in it? I bet they do. Bottled water companies suck up water from the same streams people upstream are urinating in and worse. Upstream dead animals end up in them as well.

They dumped all 38 million gallons. They don't filter/clean this water before sending it to homes?

Could they have tested this person to determine if he had something in his system that was of such a threat before dumping all that water?
I wondered the same thing about the animals. I also wondered why treated water was so easily accessible to the public.

It is already treated, so I assume it is ready to send to homes, but why is it out in the open like that? I wonder if there was some misinformation in the story. If it was treated, it should have been in an enclosed tank. If it was untreated, it wouldn't have needed to be dumped.

Old 04-17-2014, 06:54 PM

24,477 posts, read 28,773,973 times
Quote:
Imbeciles.

I do. The water delivered through a public water system has to meet standards. There are no standards for bottled water. It is no different than tap.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:04 PM

8,874 posts, read 7,360,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
No doubt. It's ridiculous to dump the water for this.

I do, after it runs through the Pur filter attached to the kitchen sink.

The treatment facility is upstream from this storage facility. Seems odd to treat the water then let it sit out in the open until it's sent to homes and businesses.
I'm too cheap for a Pur filter. I use a Brita water filter pitcher.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:11 PM

8,402 posts, read 19,562,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I'm too cheap for a Pur filter. I use a Brita water filter pitcher.
Huh? It was $25 years ago, and less than $5 a month to replace the filters. Any water I ingest goes through it.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:26 PM

16,533 posts, read 17,592,629 times
That's just retarded. The water could be used for freaking irrigation or hell its gonna get treated again before it becomes drinking water. This is j u s t S T U P I D

Old 04-17-2014, 08:16 PM

2,603 posts, read 2,292,442 times
Quote:
Imbeciles.

1) People that have really good tapwater (yes, there are a few),

2) People who don't know any better or don't care, and

3) People who have no other choice (like the poor).

Old 04-17-2014, 08:17 PM

2,603 posts, read 2,292,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
I'd bet that there are plenty of guys who'd have been willing to drink the water that Jeannine Riley swam in.
I don't care how fine any woman is..... EWWWWW!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or