U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 03:18 PM

28,411 posts, read 14,134,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I have nothing to say about this....well, I do but I'm not going there. However, I'd like to remind everyone that every law abiding citizen is a law abiding citizen until they commit a crime. So those "criminals" that everyone talks about? They were law abiding citizens just like you & me at one point. Everyone has the potential to commit a crime, especially one as easy as simply pulling a trigger.
Would a law banning a gun from churches actually cause anybody who wanted to shoot up a church to not do so for fear of breaking a gun law in order to break the law of murdering people?

"I'm going to kill them all!! Every single one of them! I'm going to go in there and empty every clip I have. OH NO!!! I'm not allowed to carry a gun in there. How am I going to shoot them? I can't very well go breaking a law to murder this people."

Old 04-23-2014, 03:26 PM

12,071 posts, read 5,599,103 times
What about them? I'm simply saying it only takes once to become a criminal. People seem to think criminals are born, not made.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:29 PM

60 posts, read 61,793 times
The NRA is already celebrating and I'm sure can't wait for the next elementary school shooting.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantkillerslingshot View Post
The NRA is already celebrating and I'm sure can't wait for the next elementary school shooting.
Wasn't it illegal to take guns into the Newtown schools? Why didn't those laws stop him

Old 04-23-2014, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
What about them? I'm simply saying it only takes once to become a criminal. People seem to think criminals are born, not made.
While other people think laws will stop a criminal from breaking laws.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:49 PM

60 posts, read 61,793 times
The NRA loves these laws and loves the kickbacks they receive from each gun sale. A mass shooting means more money for Wayne LaPiere. The blood thirsty NRA rubes keep sending money for the newest NRA piece of crap hat or beer can coozie.

Why can't we concentrate all the gun fetishists and ammunition droolers in one southern state and make public shootings legal? Louisiana or Georgia would be fine as a gun droolers paradise.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:57 PM

8,154 posts, read 6,006,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by giantkillerslingshot View Post
Why can't we concentrate all the gun fetishists and ammunition droolers in one southern state and make public shootings legal? Louisiana or Georgia would be fine as a gun droolers paradise.

Because people like you would say that a mass shooting in California happened because guns were legal in Georgia rather than just admitting that you are wrong.

Old 04-23-2014, 04:05 PM

836 posts, read 1,308,990 times
Unarmed citizens = victims

Old 04-23-2014, 04:12 PM

6,682 posts, read 11,899,593 times
Does anyone ever feel they don't fit into the gun culture of America. Guns this that and the other seems to have crawled into so many aspects of life now. I wonder does anyone else feel. That so much acceptance of having guns in so many places in society, is part of the problem of violence. The country Georgia included is not dealing with the reality, of why guns are so much a part of life in this country. At a time when we are not living on the frontier anymore, and if we can't deal with the why's to all the violence in our country. Then we are not dealing with life, we have just accepted our violence and the gun is evidently our saviour.

Evidently having a gun in all aspects of daily life, is suppose to protect us from our violent society. That's not going to do it at all, it sadly means more shooting. It will never end until we deal, with why we have all this violence to begin with. Having everyone armed is in my opinion going back to the Wild West days. If that is the case. Then we have failed miserably as a society, whether that be Georgia or the whole damn country.

Old 04-23-2014, 04:38 PM

558 posts, read 814,189 times
Worst part of this new law is that the Police are not allowed to ask the person packing the gun if they have a permit, I just seen it on CBS nightly news not 2 minutes ago. And they can carry guns into Georgia airports as well, just not beyond the checkpoints. I'm all for responsible citizens to have the right to own a gun, but allowing them in airports and not allowing police to ask for a permit seems to me more like a militia style law.
Essentially if you wanted to walk into an airport in Georgia and open fire no security or police could stop you until the gun is out and blasting off rounds. NOT a good law this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events