U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 10:15 AM

2,032 posts, read 1,377,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantkillerslingshot View Post
Will it be you that gets caught in the cross fire at a park, at church, or whilst you shop at walymart? Will you be in the crosshairs during service on weds?
When 3/4 of gun deaths each year are SUICIDE, and large percent of the rest are gang related. The average American citizen does not have to worry too much about being killed by a gun. Most people will die from an accident before encountering a bad man with a gun. We all know this is a political issue so lets not let facts get in the way.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:24 AM

7,504 posts, read 15,964,820 times
Quote:
Where was the good guy with a gun? He never seems to show up when the NRA says he will.
To live in fear like you seem to must herald a life of shuttered misery.
Youre the one that lives in fear, fear of shootups in churches, walmarts and psychiatric wards. You should really re read all YOUR posts in this thread before you talk about people living in fear.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:30 AM

28,411 posts, read 14,121,326 times
Quote:
Where was the good guy with a gun? He never seems to show up when the NRA says he will.
The NRA wants you to have the OPTION of being the good guy with the gun who can protect yourself and/or your family and friends.

Can you point to any NRA literature that says the NRA wants to force everyone to carry guns and have an obligation to step in as police whenever they see something happens?

You don't have gun massacres at shooting ranges where everybody is armed.

You do have gun massacres at schools and places of employment where nobody but the criminal is armed.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:37 AM

769 posts, read 889,444 times
Quote:
He shows up much more often then the police do

Armed Citizen | NRA Publications and Magazines

and I am one of them, I have used a firearm to defends another persons life. If you think that people should not be armed, tell that to the father of the 5yr old boy I saved from a pair of pittbulls. Oh, I called the cops, they showed up, 2 hrs later.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:39 AM

7,282 posts, read 8,380,090 times
Where is the good guy with the gun? Most probably not getting into a bad situation in the first place.

Carrying a concealed firearm isn't for the benefit of others, it is for the benefit of the one carrying it.

That is the problem with the anti-gun people, they think everything everyone else has is for the benefit of the collective. Their motto: Whats mine is mine and whats yours is mine too.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:44 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,121,819 times
If you had told any sane person that the answer to the shooting epidemic in the United States would have been more guns, and more people walking around with side-arms in public places, people would have looked at you like a lunatic.

But that is exactly what has happened. Politicians just can't say no to that NRA money.

When I read about this Georgia legislation last night I just smiled--a sad smile. Can we go any lower as a society? If Newtown or Columbine or the tens of thousand of other deaths that occur from handguns every year in America are not enough to rouse the people, what is?

It is just unbelievable that we have sunk this low.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:51 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,471,814 times
Quote:
Georgia Governor Signs 'Unprecedented' Gun Rights Bill

Won't be long till them good ole boys open up in a church or a shopping mall. This new law will really wrk wonders for the gun companies. Not so much as those caught in the crossfire.

I am not worried about the good old boys opening fire. I'm worried about the good young boys and girls breaking into my house. If the parents raised the children properly, we wouldn't need guns. Thank God the governor of Georgia still has common sense.

Minnesota man likens two teen intruders he shot dead to

Old 04-24-2014, 11:06 AM

1,176 posts, read 1,896,365 times
Quote:
If guns will be allowed everywhere in the intention of your enlightened legislature, I'm pretty sure the mentally ill patients will be armed, they have 2nd amendment "rights" also, don't they?
As a matter of fact, the answer is no.

Old 04-24-2014, 11:11 AM

9,059 posts, read 5,656,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
If you had told any sane person that the answer to the shooting epidemic in the United States would have been more guns, and more people walking around with side-arms in public places, people would have looked at you like a lunatic.

But that is exactly what has happened. Politicians just can't say no to that NRA money.

When I read about this Georgia legislation last night I just smiled--a sad smile. Can we go any lower as a society? If Newtown or Columbine or the tens of thousand of other deaths that occur from handguns every year in America are not enough to rouse the people, what is?

It is just unbelievable that we have sunk this low.
Crazy isn't it...almost as crazy as trying to "ban" certain firearms expecially when they aren't the ones used in the most gun related deaths... or adding more "gun free" zones because we all know thugs adhere to them...
Things have passed a tipping point , changes will not help so the only thing we can do is use a deterant and hope that works. It isn't like law abiding gun owners are going to hunt down bad guys.. we hope that the thought of more armed people will deter the criminals from even trying.

Old 04-24-2014, 11:36 AM

6,878 posts, read 17,812,151 times
Quote:
I agree with your assessment of Fox News and rue the day it was invented...it's enough to make dumb down elderly white people..how sad.
Never spoke of Fox News nor elderly. And no, you're not clever in the least. Speaking of "make dumb down" (sic)....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events