U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2014, 12:41 PM

6,878 posts, read 17,827,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantkillerslingshot View Post
Where was the good guy with a gun? He never seems to show up when the NRA says he will.
To live in fear like you seem to must herald a life of shuttered misery.

are you seriously asking that question about the video he posted in regard to the Luby's shooting in Texas? You need to do a little research on that video before you ask such completely ignorant questions and make completely ignorant statements.

Wow. Are you 10? Do you live under a rock?

Old 04-24-2014, 12:50 PM

3,150 posts, read 2,135,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Everybody on the internet is a trained MMA fighter. I bet you can dodge bullets too.

Never said I was a trained MMA fighter, nor can I dodge bullets, which is precisely why it's great living in a nation that isn't over run with ever-fearful, paranoid, gun nuts. I just train the best I can in Krav Maga and Kempo, so I don;t have to hide behind a gun

Old 04-24-2014, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
What percentage of gun owners do you believe have fetishes over their guns?

on CD 99% in the rest of the U$, too many from what I've experienced.

You're a trained martial artist? Well, that explains a lot. People who constantly talk about breaking boards and how they can beat everybody up tend to seek attention. Why do the majority of martial artists have this fetish of showing off or constantly talking about their skills?

See what I did there?
I sure did -well played
Where did I say I could beat everyone up- I can't. I never show off. I only mentioned the martial arts to illustrate that it's great to be in a culture where I don;t have to walk around paranoid and fearful, always armed, that it's great to know that I can defend myself without having to have enough weapons to impress an Afghan warlord. Besides, we don;t break boards anymore-just concrete blocks

Old 04-24-2014, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
*shakes head* yeah, that's not the leftist media's influence or anything, right? Naw, it couldn't be that our completely liberal-dominated mainstream media who are vocally anti-gun would do anything to ensure legal, law-abiding gun owners look like fools and zealots.

That just would NEVER happen. You and your Australian friends are just so enlightened. Thank goodness.

/sarcasm

No you gun worshipers do just fine on your own, believe me. Just read many of the posts here and on other message boards and forums. When I was unfortunate enough to have to live in the U$, I carried, but way too many go way overboard, but there's no way the overboard gun group will agree with that naturally. Oh by the way, we ARE WAY more enlightened here in Australia, than the U$ will ever be. It feels pretty dang good to know we can go anywhere, anytime and not have to worry about gun violence, as it's quite rare here. That sure seems enlightened to me, as opposed to living in heavily armed, paranoid fear all the time. That's NO way to live, but hey, to each their own

Old 04-24-2014, 01:10 PM

28,411 posts, read 14,158,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
I sure did -well played
Where did I say I could beat everyone up- I can't. I never show off. I only mentioned the martial arts to illustrate that it's great to be in a culture where I don;t have to walk around paranoid and fearful, always armed, that it's great to know that I can defend myself without having to have enough weapons to impress an Afghan warlord. Besides, we don;t break boards anymore-just concrete blocks
And the vast majority of gun owners don't walk around paranoid and fearful with enough weapons to impress an Afghan warlord.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:14 PM

3,064 posts, read 1,578,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Never said I was a trained MMA fighter, nor can I dodge bullets, which is precisely why it's great living in a nation that isn't over run with ever-fearful, paranoid, gun nuts. I just train the best I can in Krav Maga and Kempo, so I don;t have to hide behind a gun
Keyboard Commando Alert!!!

Old 04-24-2014, 01:16 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,321,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
No kidding ?? My statement is still the same though. It's obvious you are afraid of what this law change will do... and my thing is you should already be afraid since criminals could care less about whether there is a law or not.
I don't care about the law. I break it when I'm doing 85 mph on the highway or when I roll through a stop sign.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:21 PM

9,113 posts, read 5,676,162 times
I keep hearing the "paranoid" word and "hiding behind a gun" term.. I'm really trying to grasp that... where are you guys coming up with that ?
Does wearing a seatbelt in a vehicle , make you paranoid ?
Does having smoke alarms in your house , make you paranoid ?
Does wearing a helmet when riding an ATV or motorcycle , make you paranoid?

If you answer no to those questions , why does carrying a firearm make someone paranoid ? Please help me understand this....

Old 04-24-2014, 01:22 PM

9,113 posts, read 5,676,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
I don't care about the law. I break it when I'm doing 85 mph on the highway or when I roll through a stop sign.
If you don't care about the law why would you make a sarcastic comment about wearing a bullet proof vest ? Just curious.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:23 PM

5,239 posts, read 2,386,359 times
I love threads like this. The hoplophobes and simpletons can't help but out themselves. Makes it easy to see who has zero credibility when they post in other threads.

Guys, it's time to stop feeding the troll. He is just feeding on the attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.