Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 09:26 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,405,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantkillerslingshot View Post
Georgia Governor Signs 'Unprecedented' Gun Rights Bill

Won't be long till them good ole boys open up in a church or a shopping mall. This new law will really wrk wonders for the gun companies. Not so much as those caught in the crossfire.
yes, because clearly, killers obey the law and really just wanted to wait until it was legal to carry in a mall to take a bunch of people out.

Sometimes I wish the Internet had never been invented, because every single day I read things like this, I realize, as a country, how incredibly stupid we've become. It's just so depressing.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:29 AM

552 posts, read 834,685 times
Hope more states do this.

I highly doubt bad guys would be shooting people if they knew everyone was carrying and more than able to shoot back.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:31 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,405,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
When I lived in the U$, I had my CCW, and have no problem with being able to defend yourself in your home, etc. But after living a year and a half in Australia, I have to LOL at the gun fetishists over in the U$., and how over-the-top thwy have become!! People here also chuckle at how much they worship their precious guns. We wonder if they also give them a girls name too, just like in boot camp LOL. It's like Linus and his blanket!!! It's great to live in a place where I don't need a gun to function. I'll never understand the fetishists lust for their firearms. Whatever happened to fighting like men, with fists and feet, as opposed to hiding behind your guns all the time?? I'm trained in martial arts, and that has been good enough for me. What a warped culture the U$ has become!!
*shakes head* yeah, that's not the leftist media's influence or anything, right? Naw, it couldn't be that our completely liberal-dominated mainstream media who are vocally anti-gun would do anything to ensure legal, law-abiding gun owners look like fools and zealots.

That just would NEVER happen. You and your Australian friends are just so enlightened. Thank goodness.

/sarcasm

Old 04-24-2014, 09:31 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,951,104 times
Strange how anti-gun people never seem to have a problem with so called "freedom fighters" in other countries who are armed to the teeth with guns and kill people at random. Bonus points if they use machetes.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:37 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
When I lived in the U$, I had my CCW, and have no problem with being able to defend yourself in your home, etc. But after living a year and a half in Australia, I have to LOL at the gun fetishists over in the U$., and how over-the-top thwy have become!! People here also chuckle at how much they worship their precious guns. We wonder if they also give them a girls name too, just like in boot camp LOL. It's like Linus and his blanket!!! It's great to live in a place where I don't need a gun to function. I'll never understand the fetishists lust for their firearms. Whatever happened to fighting like men, with fists and feet, as opposed to hiding behind your guns all the time?? I'm trained in martial arts, and that has been good enough for me. What a warped culture the U$ has become!!
What percentage of gun owners do you believe have fetishes over their guns?

You're a trained martial artist? Well, that explains a lot. People who constantly talk about breaking boards and how they can beat everybody up tend to seek attention. Why do the majority of martial artists have this fetish of showing off or constantly talking about their skills?

See what I did there?

Old 04-24-2014, 09:41 AM

60 posts, read 90,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
yes, because clearly, killers obey the law and really just wanted to wait until it was legal to carry in a mall to take a bunch of people out.

Sometimes I wish the Internet had never been invented, because every single day I read things like this, I realize, as a country, how incredibly stupid we've become. It's just so depressing.
I agree with your assessment of Fox News and rue the day it was invented...it's enough to make dumb down elderly white people..how sad.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:44 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
In a perfect world I would love not to carry a firearm. It isn't the most fun thing , having a weight strapped on the side of your belt, having to be more aware and mindful all the time. If I had the choice I wouldn't as well as my wife. I'd still keep my 1911 collection and go to the range on occasion since I find enjoyment in shooting...hardly the fetishism that the left anti's portray.
But we don't live in a perfect world , and 90% of the news I see every morning is someone getting car jacked, their homes invaded, beat almost to death for stopping at an accident, and just plain old robberies for the paper in your wallet. Do I wish there was an "easy" button to hit if one finds themself in one of these situations, hit it and instantly a LEO pops up takes care of the bad guy and gives me a hug ? Sure, much easier than the cost and hassle of carrying a firearm, training , ammo etc. Unfortunately there is no one there to protect you and your family other than yourselves. Since I'm not like the majority of the anti gun crowd seems to be.. I have no martial arts skills, MMA training etc and I'm not really interested. I carry a tool that hopefully will deter the bad guys in these situations, situations I pray and hope NEVER happen to me, I hope I never have to draw on another being , or worse yet draw and pull the trigger. That will be a life changing incident that I will have to live with the rest of my life, if I'm lucky ... but then again I never hope to have a house fire, yet I have smoke alarms, I also never to get into a car accident but wear my seat belts and lastly I hope to never crash my snowmobile or ATV but yet I still wear a helmet. These are all just tools that will help save a life in a bad situtation.
Sure there are some "mall Ninja's" , wanna be Mercenaries, and people that think they are living the video game "modern warfare" but these don't make up the majority of firearms owners. I'm sure there are many kookie Aussie's , but that doesn't make up the majority of them. Please don't paint with such a broad brush...

Old 04-24-2014, 09:55 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
Quote:
If you didn't have a problem with it when you lived in the US why do you have a problem with it now? Nothing has changed here. If you had some kind of sexual fascination or obsession with guns, as your post hints at, then yeah you have a problem - but it's your problem, not ours. And, shall we say, beyond the scope of what we can help you with in this forum.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:09 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
DH has a friend who was mugged by a knife wielding thug on the street in NYC. The friend's wife was with him. Friend is a West Point grad, Ranger qualified, and a combat veteran. He disarmed the thug with a maneuver that dislocated the assailant's shoulder and made him drop the knife. However, he restrained from using the follow through that could have killed the thug. Unfortunately, he missed seeing the thug's accomplice, who was behind him. The accomplice restrained my husband's friend while the one with the knife stabbed him. The wound nicked the friend's heart but he survived. The wife was unharmed. Don't be so sure you can depend on your "martial arts" training.

I live in Georgia. I have read the bill and have no problems with it. DH and both sons have carry licenses. They have safes to protect their children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sEYGcXSmpQ

Old 04-24-2014, 10:14 AM

60 posts, read 90,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
DH has a friend who was mugged by a knife wielding thug on the street in NYC. The friend's wife was with him. Friend is a West Point grad, Ranger qualified, and a combat veteran. He disarmed the thug with a maneuver that dislocated the assailant's shoulder and made him drop the knife. However, he restrained from using the follow through that could have killed the thug. Unfortunately, he missed seeing the thug's accomplice, who was behind him. The accomplice restrained my husband's friend while the one with the knife stabbed him. The wound nicked the friend's heart but he survived. The wife was unharmed. Don't be so sure you can depend on your "martial arts" training.

I live in Georgia. I have read the bill and have no problems with it. DH and both sons have carry licenses. They have safes to protect their children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sEYGcXSmpQ
Where was the good guy with a gun? He never seems to show up when the NRA says he will.
To live in fear like you seem to must herald a life of shuttered misery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events