Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 01:16 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
More guns and less health care. Yea that sounds about right. Guns allowed in bars what can possibly go wrong in that situation. Not going to be good for police when they pull over a drunk driver. Nothing good is going to come from this except some are going to make money such as court systems, hospitals, undertaker, and anyone in between.

Easier to require ALL guns be registered and if caught with an unregistered gun it's automatic 10yrs. No questions asked. If committing a crime with an unregistered gun 15yrs no questions asked. Make it hurt enough if a person touches a gun illegally and the rate will go down. If that's the goal.
Lets' be careful here...first of all I can't imagine how the subject of "less health care" is relevant or connected so let's ignore that.

But "Guns and Bars"...I tried to find some info on this but it is very difficult to determine how legitimate this claim is because you see so many reports of, simply, GUNS NOW ALOWED IN BARS without the facts. This is the problem with legislation that is about guns and bars. They define each bar as any place serving alcohol. Red Lobster now becomes "a bar". The family resteraunt down the street now becomes "a bar". Some Sonic's and Burger Kings sell beer, they now become, legally, "a bar"...and good citizens then become target for prosecution by idiot overzealous police officers that arrest a legal gun carrier with a permit, someone that has never been arrested in his life, walking in to a Burger King with his concealed weapon slightly printing. States try to ease this by clarifying the rules - a bar is something that does it's majority of business selling alcohol (so that Burger King is not "a bar"), permit holders are allowed in as long as they do not consume alchohol. Sounds reasonable right? I am not saying this is the case with this Georgia law...but TN enacted this and still you got crazy media reports that "NOW YOU CAN HAVE GUNS IN BARS". So let's ease up the rhetoric.

Edit here: from further research there are conditions within the Georgia law for the "guns in bars": 1.) The person is required to be a legal gun carrier, thus gone through all the due dilligence required to obtain a carry permit (testing in firearm safety, fingerprinting, no criminal activity, etc), 2.) The weapons carrier cannot consume any alcohol in bar (this is actually more restrictive then most other states that only require a carrier not to be intoxicated), 3.) The bar owner has the right to post "no guns allowed" (which of course will simply result in only the legal gun carrier not carrying his weapon inside).

Last edited by Dd714; 04-25-2014 at 01:36 PM..

Old 04-25-2014, 04:07 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,159,764 times
I predict that there will be a wee bit of a problem with allowing guns in bars.

Other than that, the law probably won't make much difference in gun violence one way or the other, though it will be interesting to see if it does.

Old 04-25-2014, 04:23 PM

308 posts, read 467,194 times
Guns and bars.. What could possibly go wrong? And I don't know about you but I sure feel a lot safer packing when I am at church. You just never know when danger strikes.

I have complete faith in every gun owner. Why shouldn't I? They went through a background check, it must mean they are responsible. I know i'll sure feel safe seeing all my fellow bar and restaurant patrons carrying weapons. I can't tell you how many times where I was in a bar and restaurant and had someone carried a gun, it would have saved the day.

So everyone, carry and pack your guns and bring your kids, what could possible go wrong?

Old 04-25-2014, 04:27 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,608,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by giantkillerslingshot View Post
Georgia Governor Signs 'Unprecedented' Gun Rights Bill

Won't be long till them good ole boys open up in a church or a shopping mall. This new law will really wrk wonders for the gun companies. Not so much as those caught in the crossfire.
Wow! un-evolving much are we? What an idiot! Does this guy know we're not in 1700's anymore? cause he sure looks uninformed!

The problem with being "licensed" is that you're nothing more than a target for a thief! But whatever...US is going downhill fast! I'll make sure to avoid Georgia at all cost. Tourists be ware: "This is the Neanderthal State!" Should be the new reading on the Georgia sign on 95! "We successfully returned to the old days of our beloved year of 1700; soon Slavery will be reinstated too!"

Old 04-25-2014, 05:05 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbnsf View Post
Guns and bars.. What could possibly go wrong? And I don't know about you but I sure feel a lot safer packing when I am at church. You just never know when danger strikes.

I have complete faith in every gun owner. Why shouldn't I? They went through a background check, it must mean they are responsible. I know i'll sure feel safe seeing all my fellow bar and restaurant patrons carrying weapons. I can't tell you how many times where I was in a bar and restaurant and had someone carried a gun, it would have saved the day.

So everyone, carry and pack your guns and bring your kids, what could possible go wrong?
What could go wrong? Absolutely nothing that cannot also occur with a government employee (i.e. a police officer) with a firearm. And you will never know that they are carrying a gun when it's concealed.
Eat and drink without fear. If you fear people with guns, that should extend to those wearing badges, and trust me the rate of accidental discharges amongst that group of underpaid and undereducated civil employee is a bit scary, mostly due to complacency.

For those that open carry, they will continue to be harassed by soccer moms that scream at the sight of a gun barrel and call police. Police will continue to harrass them. For better or worse, if you see someone carrying a gun, he will get harassed and a police visit. That should make you happy. Concealed vs. non-concealed is still a point of contention even within the gun carrying community. I carry concealed, for various reason including the harassment factor, you will never know I have a weapon. Or...you can simply visit bars and restraunts with a "no guns allowed" sign. I am sure you're local gang-banger will obey it and you can enjoy the illusion of safety.

Old 04-25-2014, 05:12 PM

10,226 posts, read 6,312,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
What could go wrong? Absolutely nothing that cannot also occur with a government employee (i.e. a police officer) with a firearm. And you will never know that they are carrying a gun when it's concealed.
Eat and drink without fear. If you fear people with guns, that should extend to those wearing badges, and trust me the rate of accidental discharges amongst that group of underpaid and undereducated civil employee is a bit scary, mostly due to complacency.

For those that open carry, they will continue to be harassed by soccer moms that scream at the sight of a gun barrel and call police. Police will continue to harrass them. Concealed vs. non-concealed is still a point of contention even within the gun carrying community. I carry concealed, for various reason including the harassment factor, you will never know I have a weapon. Or...you can simply visit bars and restraunts with a "no guns allowed" sign. I am sure you're local gang-banger will obey it.
Personally, I prefer open carry so I can leave the presence of gun carriers who I can see. Why should I be forced to be around YOU? Sneaky. That is what CCW means to me.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:12 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,259,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Males? I seriously doubt my SIL would want to strap on a gun and become any part of a "civilian militia", or he would have joined the military. I am sure there are millions of males who would say the same.
There are also millions of males that don't want to sign up for selective service, but we do because we have to. Every male between 17-45 is, by default, a member of the militia. Many states have the same definition in their code of laws, so this isn't only true at the federal level.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:21 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,239,825 times
This thread right here is the reason why Americans are viewed as Dumb by the rest of the world.

Too many gun deaths? Answer - MORE GUNS!!!

Duh!

Old 04-26-2014, 12:25 AM

3,398 posts, read 6,079,830 times
I don't understand why the anti-gun crowd uses emotion and telling people there will be shootouts in the streets, blood everywhere, it will be a war zone, etc...

Those who are pro 2A just want the option of being able to defend themselves and that doesn't mean you have to carry/own a gun if you don't want to. But the anti-gun crowd doesn't just dislike guns themselves, they want to keep everyone else from liking them or having them.

The worst argument is the one telling people to learn kung fu, MMA or whatever. The gun is an equal opportunity for self defense. So those who are not physically fit or young should learn martial arts to defend themselves instead of training with a gun? If your mother or grandparents were being attacked by a twenty something, they should use MMA?

Crime happens everywhere but when was the last time there was a mass shooting at a police station or shooting range or any place where everyone has a gun?

The anti-gun crowd is entitled to their opinion just like the pro-gun crowd. But it seems the anti-gun crowd uses emotion, name calling and childish behavior and stereotypes to judge us pro-gun types.

Old 04-26-2014, 04:37 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,608,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
I don't understand why the anti-gun crowd uses emotion and telling people there will be shootouts in the streets, blood everywhere, it will be a war zone, etc...

Those who are pro 2A just want the option of being able to defend themselves and that doesn't mean you have to carry/own a gun if you don't want to. But the anti-gun crowd doesn't just dislike guns themselves, they want to keep everyone else from liking them or having them.

The worst argument is the one telling people to learn kung fu, MMA or whatever. The gun is an equal opportunity for self defense. So those who are not physically fit or young should learn martial arts to defend themselves instead of training with a gun? If your mother or grandparents were being attacked by a twenty something, they should use MMA?

Crime happens everywhere but when was the last time there was a mass shooting at a police station or shooting range or any place where everyone has a gun?

The anti-gun crowd is entitled to their opinion just like the pro-gun crowd. But it seems the anti-gun crowd uses emotion, name calling and childish behavior and stereotypes to judge us pro-gun types.
Because of this types of incidents:
Man killed after dispute over texting in theater - FOX 13 News

Us Americans, are not a peaceful nation; we're a nation tormented by abusive capitalism, and we have too many UNSTABLE people! (to be this loose with weaponry)

The question is WHY can't you live a peaceful life without violence? THAT is the biggest question! Why do you have to be armed and dangerous to innocent people going by their day? This is common sense not emotion, but next time you have a loved one shot I think even you, "pro gun types", will have some emotion coming out of you! Unless you won't even go to the funeral because well, we love our guns and act like children about it, and have no comprehension of peace or love anybody but are dear guns. I think Hollywood is in part to blame, HOA are next for segregating people, and so all this careful maintenance of classes has literally blindsided people here. Civilians don't need guns!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events