U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 04:34 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,387,400 times

Advertisements

Racism = inequality
Child molesting = inequality

The Pope is right. Inequality is the root of all evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 04:40 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,025,286 times
Some people have this idea that racism = whites discriminating against blacks. When in reality, a person of any race can be a racist. When I was growing up I don't remember EVER having seen so many cries of "racism" as we see today. In fact, look at movies and tv shows from the 60s through the 80s. Where was the racism then? In fact, black characters in those movies and tv shows were often seen as (and treated as) regular members of society. It's as if it has become a TREND in today's world to claim that there's rampant racism against blacks.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:43 PM

747 posts, read 808,560 times
How can you even come close to equating racism to a vicious, brutal act against defenseless children?

Old 04-30-2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEHelp View Post
How can you even come close to equating racism to a vicious, brutal act against defenseless children?
It is the same mindset.

I am stronger than you.

I can do/say what I want with/about you.

You have no defences, you are weaker than I.

It's bullying.

One way or another, a stronger individual getting his rocks off by abusing those he feels are "beneath" him.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:21 PM

341 posts, read 404,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UEHelp View Post
I'm saying that "racists" are TREATED WORSE IN THE PUBLIC EYE than even child molesters and definetly murderers and rapists, no matter how bad they are.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:23 PM

341 posts, read 404,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
Some people have this idea that racism = whites discriminating against blacks. When in reality, a person of any race can be a racist. When I was growing up I don't remember EVER having seen so many cries of "racism" as we see today. In fact, look at movies and tv shows from the 60s through the 80s. Where was the racism then? In fact, black characters in those movies and tv shows were often seen as (and treated as) regular members of society. It's as if it has become a TREND in today's world to claim that there's rampant racism against blacks.
And the trend gets much worse when something like Sterling happens. To the race baitors it justifies everything they've said about white people. Forget the fact that former owner jay-z, the president of the united states, and a knicks executive larry johnson, have said much more racist things than Sterling.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:31 PM

11,970 posts, read 10,794,615 times
Who does not know that the players were sipping Courvoisier last night talking openly about all the white people who had been "schooled" whilst laughing and calling them all kinds of names.

Give me a break puhlease.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travel-a-lot View Post
I'm saying that "racists" are TREATED WORSE IN THE PUBLIC EYE than even child molesters and definetly murderers and rapists, no matter how bad they are.
This is false.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:33 PM

11,970 posts, read 10,794,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travel-a-lot View Post
It's impossible?? Cus blacks don't have the "power" to be racist cus they're a minority right? if that's the case then Donald Sterling isn't racist either because he's a member of the smallest minority of all, Jewish.

I don't know what happened historically but I do know that today blacks rape, kill, lynch whites all the time in America and no one says anything about it and the media ignores it. The president is a racist who would rather make a long statement on Donald Sterling than discuss the knockout game, where blacks randomly choose whites to sucker punch and many have died from.

If you don't believe me look at this...look at all the black on white murders that have gone on just in 2014... New Nation News - Black-on-White Crime .... won't even see a mention of any of them in any kind of media outside of the local channels that have to report every murder in the area. Nobody says anything about the lynching going on today but when one black man(trayvon or jordan davis) get killed by one man in a one on one we all say "racism isn still alive this is just like emmitt till blah blah blah). It's crazy what's going on today.
Politically Correct is fascism by another name.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:09 PM

1,144 posts, read 1,757,391 times
Default Privacy is the issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite97 View Post
Private or not. It's offensive to black people who have been enslaved, kidnapped, raped, tortured, and lynched by someone like Sterling.
The black people of this country are not the only group of people that have been enslaved, kidnapped, raped, tortured and lynched. If you go back into history you will see this has been happening since we began to walk upright. They wouldn't have found it offensive if the private conversation remained private.
You can't tell people what to say or think privately, it would be a different matter if the conversation was made in public but it wasn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or